List Mgmt. Rioli to Port Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ - dude is like a deer in the headlights with the media. Hope Port teach him to keep his mouth shut and let his manager and the club handle it in the future.

I can understand him looking after himself financially but airing it publically will get plenty of people offside - and so it should. Disrespectful to the club to tell everyone so publically you are chasing the money when you got kept on the books whilst sitting on your ass for a couple of years and dragging said club through the mud.

Should have been paying us to have to deal with the fallout of his numerous stupid ****ing decisions!

Seemingly has an issue with the conditions the Eagles have put on a contract offer... tells you everything you need to know about what sort of liability he will be going forward off the field... does not even trust himself.

Gotta be a kick in the teeth to Simmo, who travelled to the Tiwi Islands multiple times to meet his family and get some knowledge about his culture, make him more comfortable etc.

Everything relating to him post-2018 has been a monumental waste of club resources. Hopefully we get something out of a trade.

Absolutely fuming, such a dog act.

Willie was a favourite and was gutted when he got done for doping, now gutted again. I won't have fond memories of him.

Good riddance.
The only dog act is how disrespectfully he handled the situation today. Yes it would be nice if he did show loyalty but at the end of the day he doesn’t have much left of a career and has a young family to look after too

Gutted that Junior is going to leave, gutted. After all the club stood by him through, he wouldnt have an AFL career if the club let him go.

But now its down to get fair compo for him. Pick 51 is laughable. Pick in the low 30's sounds more like it.

Adds another whole in the side. Have to get a clever small forward on the list (An actual forward, not a midfielder we put on the forward flank) Left an aging Cripps, Lazy Ryan & not AFL standard Langdon as small forwards.

What would Rioli's value be if we trade him and pick 20 for Ports pick 8?

They could then offer that to Dogs for Dunkley.
If we want another high pick, that feels like the most likely route. Bear in mind it will definitely drop at least 1 pick due to Ashcroft.

If we can get 26 + Rioli for 9 that would be a pretty good piece of work but I think that might be a bit of a stretch.

I wonder if this is why Ryan has been so putrid this year? maybe had an inkling his friend was going to bail?

I wonder if this is why Ryan has been so putrid this year? maybe had an inkling his friend was going to bail?
I wonder if all the indigenous guys are unhappy at WCE?

Seems like they've all been a bit shit and/or not with it for ages.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love the suggestions that we only kept him around simply because he was a good player and didn't want to lose him for nothing.
The club was the one that drafted him after not being drafted for a number of years while struggling with his weight, they persevered with him despite his many early injury issues and they went out of their way to make him feel comfortable in Perth away from his family, including numerous trips to his hometown to get to know him and his community.
They showed him plenty of loyalty throughout his time here and even after him breaking the club's trust for a 2nd time after his airport incident.
The least loyalty he can show them is to ensure that he's going to a club that he can give us a good deal for him
Instead he essentially says it's just a job and the most important thing is to get the best contract possible.

What would Rioli's value be if we trade him and pick 20 for Ports pick 8?

They could then offer that to Dogs for Dunkley.
If we want another high pick, that feels like the most likely route. Bear in mind it will definitely drop at least 1 pick due to Ashcroft.

If we can get 26 + Rioli for 9 that would be a pretty good piece of work but I think that might be a bit of a stretch.
I concur, if we can cut out Brisbane as the middle man that would be much preferred.
I'm just jumping to the seemingly inevitable conclusion that Port won't entertain Rioli + 20 for pick 8 despite how reasonable it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only dog act is how disrespectfully he handled the situation today. Yes it would be nice if he did show loyalty but at the end of the day he doesn’t have much left of a career and has a young family to look after too
I wouldn't even call his interview a dog act. I just don't think he knows how to handle the media at all. His manager needs to be handling the questions for him.

I love the suggestions that we only kept him around simply because he was a good player and didn't want to lose him for nothing.
The club was the one that drafted him after not being drafted for a number of years while struggling with his weight, they persevered with him despite his many early injury issues and they went out of their way to make him feel comfortable in Perth away from his family, including numerous trips to his hometown to get to know him and his community.
They showed him plenty of loyalty throughout his time here and even after him breaking the club's trust for a 2nd time after his airport incident.
The least loyalty he can show them is to ensure that he's going to a club that he can give us a good deal for him
Instead he essentially says it's just a job and the most important thing is to get the best contract possible.
For a great deal of players, it simply is 'just a job'.

Honestly, if you could get a double-length contract on much higher earnings in your own career, you'd be irresponsible not to take it due to some misguided sense of 'loyalty'.

Honestly, if you could get a double-length contract on much higher earnings in your own career, you'd be irresponsible not to take it due to some misguided sense of 'loyalty'.
Particularly when you only have a short career and are closer to the end of it.

Watching those interviews I feel sorry for junior, weirdly enough he should have answered any questions as its made this a whole lot worse.

i can see his point, sometimes you gotta take the moolah if its there, set your self up etc etc.

But this is very extraordinary circumstances which has been bizarrely handled by his management.

I believe we offered similar coin to port, just half the duration and with a range of off field clauses (with due reason)

I honestly think he will struggle to see out those 4 years and will crumble under the extreme weight of expectation if he does go to port.

This… only a short time in the game and most of us would do the same.

Doesn’t mean we can’t boo though lol

Fair to say his manager is a moron.

Anyone who let's Rioli, a bloke who has always been a simple soul, walk around talking to the media giving his whimsical thoughts, isn't a good manager nor friend.

That said, it's done now and it's going to be an interesting next 48 hours, let alone trade period.

Good to see Nesbitt was off the mark completely with his "confident Rioli will sign on" viewpoint recently. Looking forward to him going on trade radio and telling Port that he smokes pot.

Also it's a bit ironic if he takes issue with us supposedly offering 2 guaranteed years less than Port considering we presumably paid his salary despite him not playing a single AFL game for 2 years due to his own self inflicted ban.
I'm pretty confident if he kept his nose clean and maintained his fitness, he'd easily make it past 4 years here at West Coast.
I think that a 2 year extension is completely reasonable and a responsible decision by the club given the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back