RIP Port Adelaide - *warning* epic bump necrothread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case Rory then they're just barrackers not supporters to borrow the parlance of Bruce Weber.

You hang around long enough and you'll get the good and the bad. Glenelg won its first premiership against Port in 1934. You reckon we have it bad how about Woodville supporters. They copped it in the guts year in year out had five minutes of sunshine in the late eighties and then had their club ripped out from under them with the help of a guy who settled comfortably into crowtown. How would that feel in your guts?

Unfortunately it is an ordinary side at the moment. No amount of cussing and hair tearing and ground stomping is going to change that. It's an overrated group of players that tends to believe its own publicity.

We have suffered for many years under the Williams gameplan/drafting/selection policies and that can't be fixed overnight.

I felt physically ill leaving the ground today but you cop it you move on and you try to make it better.

I'm not one of those people Ford, I think or at least hope you would know that but I'm talking in general. Today I saw a lot of people walking out the ground with looks on their faces I have never seen before. I saw a jacket that had been thrown in a bin (not a scarf). I was shaking after the game for a while as were my mates. I was standing there in dis belief for a while too.

Tomorrow is a new day and the sun will rise (pun intended), but like I said this will leave a very bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and I for one am a tad worried about where this leaves us as a club.

Scarves were thrown in the bin after the game as reported on the radio

I don't expect rubbish like that from Port supporters.

My Great Grandmother watched North win 6 wooden spoons in 11 years between 1925 and 1935, including 3 winless seasons in a period that saw the club win 31 out of a possible 196 matches.

If it wasn't for Hawthorn we would have won 9 of 11 spoons.

She still ended up being responsible for bringing 24 North supporters in to this world.

Vent, by all means, but then draw a line under it and move on.

My Great Grandmother watched North win 6 wooden spoons in 11 years between 1925 and 1935, including 3 winless seasons in a period that saw the club win 31 out of a possible 196 matches.

She still ended up being responsible for bringing 24 North supporters in to this world.

Are you telling us to..breed ?

Yes but a lot of port supporters only ever knew success and more than that domination. Its a completely different thing. Nevertheless you need to deal with triumph and disaster. The true test of PAFC is can they cope with disaster.

End of the day as a real supporter, you have a love hate thing with your team, but you still always love them.:D

I didn't do it I was just saying...

I am pissed off I am over it butbi will keep supporting the club no matter..I don't have anything else to support:)

But I can't defend the club to our supporters actions right now ....the club doesn't deserve it and i fully understand where those supporters heads are at now.

For 13 years I tried to convince myself that I was one of the 'new generation' Power supporters. Took out membership, went down to Arctic Park more times than I care to remember and even made it to the Gee on that famous Saturday in September 2004. Looks like I have been deluding myself.

Events on and off the field since 2008 have been farcical, unbefitting of a club as proud and famous as Port Adelaide. Things may turn around as surely they cant get worse, however a massive cleanout of players, administration and coaching is required. Can't see that happening as the Power have failed to bite the bullet when it counts most.

So shoot me for failing to fully consumate this relationship and jumping ship. I admit I'm not Black and White (Silver and Teal) through and through and I wouldnt die in a ditch for any football club. However in this era of ubiquitous sports entertainment, one showdown victory is a pretty thin return for a punters dollar. Enough is enough.

No lower life form than a turncoat. You may trash your side all you like but jumping ship to Carltank is just weaker than piss.

thought this might be relevant, just trying to bring an honest contribution.

teM61

I'm not one of those people Ford, I think or at least hope you would know that but I'm talking in general. Today I saw a lot of people walking out the ground with looks on their faces I have never seen before. I saw a jacket that had been thrown in a bin (not a scarf). I was shaking after the game for a while as were my mates. I was standing there in dis belief for a while too.

Tomorrow is a new day and the sun will rise (pun intended), but like I said this will leave a very bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and I for one am a tad worried about where this leaves us as a club.

No I didn't think it was you Rory, I carefully chose the word 'they're'.

It's a tough gig sometimes being a supporter, especially for a club that has commanded success for so long.

There have been some wise words of patience and endurance from some long-sufferers at other clubs who I commend for their dignity towards us after this loss.

But in the end it's a minor round loss to a team that was going to beat someone sometime. Unfortunately it was us so we cop it dust ourselves off and do whatever it takes to push on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They weren't going to reel in a 40 point deficit away from home sometime.

What ever? Brave call. I'm not stopping you from being angry over the defeat. You can rail against them all you want. But it won't change the result and it won't influence what happens next.

But if it makes you feel better go for it. I'm sure you won't abandon the club over a minor round defeat. I know I won't.

Look it was disgraceful but we still have 17 games to play. There is no point giving up.

I just hope we don't make bullshit excuses, we have to turn this list over Fremantle style.

you did that in 2006 and you got guys like Boak, Krakouer, Gray, justin westoff, Stewart and then in the psd Rodan. not bad of a haul.

Port should of done this in 2008 and 2009.

Glad to see fremantle being used as a positive note for once.:thumbsu:

I feel somewhat relaxed and ready to take on North Melbourne next week. Maybe its the three bottles of red speaking, i dunno. I will say though, im glad I wasnt at the game, because today is the first time I would have considered throwing my scarf, hat, membership, guernsey at the players as they walked off.

You can cope losing like that to decent sides, as we did against hawthorn at York Park in 08. But its very very hard to take losing like that to a team thats lost by an aggregate of 300 points the last few weeks.

As ive said before, the worst part for most people is, there is no such thing as a guaranteed win for the PAFC anymore. Gone are the days you could walk into the ground and think 'how much?'. Gone are the days you could even walk into the ground and go 'yeah, we'll probably win today'. You know that no matter how far we are in front, no matter how little time is left, no matter where the opponent sits on the ladder, that we are absolutely no guarantee at any stage of the match to win. All it takes is one incident....one missed tackle, one errant handball, one stupid holding the ball, one free against for the momentum to swing and god knows we have no idea how to stop it once the ball is rolling. I'd say thats a hard thing for most supporters of this club to handle, when 'how much?' was the norm.

You can cope losing like that to decent sides, as we did against hawthorn at York Park in 08. But its very very hard to take losing like that to a team thats lost by an aggregate of 300 points the last few weeks.
Right? That's what burns most.

Btw I could have quoted your whole post - it's all spot on imo.

As ive said before, the worst part for most people is, there is no such thing as a guaranteed win for the PAFC anymore. Gone are the days you could walk into the ground and think 'how much?'. Gone are the days you could even walk into the ground and go 'yeah, we'll probably win today'. You know that no matter how far we are in front, no matter how little time is left, no matter where the opponent sits on the ladder, that we are absolutely no guarantee at any stage of the match to win. All it takes is one incident....one missed tackle, one errant handball, one stupid holding the ball, one free against for the momentum to swing and god knows we have no idea how to stop it once the ball is rolling. I'd say thats a hard thing for most supporters of this club to handle, when 'how much?' was the norm.

Freo supporters have had to go through this since they started following them. It could be worse I guess.

If that's the case Rory then they're just barrackers not supporters to borrow the parlance of Bruce Weber.

You hang around long enough and you'll get the good and the bad. Glenelg won its first premiership against Port in 1934. You reckon we have it bad how about Woodville supporters. They copped it in the guts year in year out had five minutes of sunshine in the late eighties and then had their club ripped out from under them with the help of a guy who settled comfortably into crowtown. How would that feel in your guts?

Unfortunately it is an ordinary side at the moment. No amount of cussing and hair tearing and ground stomping is going to change that. It's an overrated group of players that tends to believe its own publicity.

We have suffered for many years under the Williams gameplan/drafting/selection policies and that can't be fixed overnight.

I felt physically ill leaving the ground today but you cop it you move on and you try to make it better.

I have been a dockers fan since 2002 I have seen the highs ( winning finals and making a rare pre-liminary final) and lows (yet to see a premiership let alone a grand final, oh and the 1.7.13 in 2009 against the crows.)

So the point is all clubs have their dark moments.

I have been a dockers fan since 2002 I have seen the highs ( winning finals and making a rare pre-liminary final) and lows (yet to see a premiership let alone a grand final, oh and the 1.7.13 in 2009 against the crows.)

So the point is all clubs have their dark moments.

Gee we've slunk to a new low when we have Freo supporters trying to make us feel better. No disrespect to Freomaniac.

Macca's right. I was having this discussion with a mate, going to the games and knowing we'd win. But then look who we had playing, and look at the side we have now.

What a time to be near the bottom of the ladder too. We have, as a club, created an almost perfect storm for failure as an organisation. Rucci's doom loop is looking absolutely relevent to us right now.

Alot of rational posts coming through from opposition supporters and a couple of our own.

I'd like to think though that a forum like this one is designed to provide different things for different supporters. Some of us come on this site to be genuinely educated in footy terms, others to post glowingly about the team they love, some (like myself) to ride the highs and lows really hard.

Personally, I'm the sort of person who gets the best out of myself by being very tough and self-critical. If I scored 99% for a test, it was never and will never, ever be good enough - that's just me. So far, in life it has worked well for me but for others, that sort of approach will not. So, it translates that I choose to support my side in a hypercritical way - always have, always will. I get very pissed off though when self-righteous posters here try to tell others how to support or how to post "in the heat of the moment".

Posting immediately after the agony of a bad defeat is actually therapeutic for alot of hard suffering supporters. God knows it's the only reason I post during matchday threads, when it's only Macca, boydman and myself writing comment after comment after each piece of play. It's an avenue to vent and it sure as hell beats punching your fist into a wall, or banging your head or screaming at the top of your voice and disturbing the sleeping family.

So, can I suggest that those people out there who have a problem with emotional or hyperbolic posters try to understand that it does not make the supporter any less supportive or any more of a barracker rather than a supporter.

Afterall, we all keep coming back don't we? I keep tuning in halfway around the world to watch games at 2am when I have to be at work at 7am. People (albeit in dwindling numbers) keep fronting up to watch the games at Aami.

Maybe if the players looked like they actually gave a damn, we wouldn't have to be so bloody critical of them.

PB i understand you are hurting... we all are...

but to say we should just fold is a disgrace

you need to grow the **** up

oh for **** sake I DONT WANT US TO FOLD

how long do you think the club has left in the AFL if we perform like that? Debts, Crowd numbers dropping. You honestly think that these Port bandwagoners will show up to our next home game.

What crowd do you predict we get in two weeks?

Geez, Get ****ing over yourself, I don't want us to fold but the on feild performances isnt helping our cause in getting biggers crowds. What Port fan disagrees with this?????????

We are rock bottom and in serious trouble

Read my ****ing post again and my other posts.

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back