Rising Star 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Hartlett looked good in pre season...if he gets the game time he would be a good chance:thumbsu: selwood looks good as well

so what you're saying is he's a shoe in.
it's about how much you get noticed. danyle pearce, excelled in a poor season for port. in a stronger season he may have played a dozen games rotating most of the time off the bench and missed his chance at the award.

from what i have seen, i wouldn't mind having a bit on one of the geelong boys, selwood, djekurra and varcoe [is he still eligible?].

Yeah Varcoe is eligible. Hasn't played a H&A game yet, and only a few months older than Selwood I think (pretty sure Varcoe was the youngest afl listed player last year). Out of just Geelong's players though, I reckon I'd have to put my money on Prismall. :thumbsu:

Then it's a pity Gibbs has more talent than Selwood, a career isn't built around practice matches and Bryce can walk through four tackles without breaking into a sweat.
[YOUTUBE]ncVIl0Omxl4[/YOUTUBE]
Enjoy Selwood because Murphy and Gibbs are better footballers.

gotta be said, that was sweet.

Gees there's a lot of Pendlebury supporters here. Only Collingwood fans of course. It was previously stated, correctly mind you, that he'll excel in that midfield. Well he'll give off the illusion that he's excelling. If Malthouse continues to persist with Shane O'Bree then Pendlebury will look like Chris Judd when he does get game time. Basically, Pendlebury won't win it. I just don't see him being that good, yet.

If Selwood can stay injury free and hold his place in the side for at least 15 games then I think he's my favourite to win it. Anyone that gets the captain's gig over Marc Murphy shows the kids got talent.

From the Bombers, the only player with a chance is Scott Gumbleton. I'm sure Sheedy wants to play him in the magoos for a season but if any of the big four go down, Lloyd, Lucas, Fletcher or Michael, Gumbleton will get the nod over Bolton, Bradley and Lee in a heartbeat.

My best smokie would no doubtedly be Matthew Priddis from the Eagles. This kid is good.

Others I like include Xavier Ellis (HAW), Richard Douglas (ADE), Shannon Hurn (WCE), Shaun Higgins (WB), Shaun Grigg (CAR) and Cameron Wood (BRI).

Going to be a close year for rising stars.

All eyes will be on the number one draft pick, and will probably pick up an early nomination no matter how well he plays.
Pendleybury, Jones and Higgins all enjoyed great debuts in '06 and have had good pre seasons. It'll be between these 3.

Gees there's a lot of Pendlebury supporters here. Only Collingwood fans of course. It was previously stated, correctly mind you, that he'll excel in that midfield. Well he'll give off the illusion that he's excelling. If Malthouse continues to persist with Shane O'Bree then Pendlebury will look like Chris Judd when he does get game time. Basically, Pendlebury won't win it. I just don't see him being that good, yet.

If Selwood can stay injury free and hold his place in the side for at least 15 games then I think he's my favourite to win it. Anyone that gets the captain's gig over Marc Murphy shows the kids got talent.

From the Bombers, the only player with a chance is Scott Gumbleton. I'm sure Sheedy wants to play him in the magoos for a season but if any of the big four go down, Lloyd, Lucas, Fletcher or Michael, Gumbleton will get the nod over Bolton, Bradley and Lee in a heartbeat.

My best smokie would no doubtedly be Matthew Priddis from the Eagles. This kid is good.

Others I like include Xavier Ellis (HAW), Richard Douglas (ADE), Shannon Hurn (WCE), Shaun Higgins (WB), Shaun Grigg (CAR) and Cameron Wood (BRI).

Yes he is good :thumbsu:, but he is too old to win this award

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Carlton should put Bryce Gibbs in the leadership group :p
no idea who'll win the rising star. Selwood looks good though.

X. Ellis to make his debut this week, will get a big opportunity against Brisbane this weekend, but will take a game or two to find his feet. Disposal is first class.
I agree :thumbsu:

I think Carlton should put Bryce Gibbs in the leadership group :p
I think you should book your holidays for September and give Buckley a good send off in round 22.
alwyn davey had a good preseason.....7 goals and 23 tackles for a foward ain't to bad and just as fast if not faster then his brother
Is that you Lloydy? :D

Lloyd is without a doubt the thickest bloke playing the game today.

Jesse W Smith from the Roos will figure highly in voting. Might not be as highly rated as Bryce Gibbs, but let me tell you, this kid is all class.

From other teams, Xavier Ellis and Travis Boak for mine, would be the type of players that might get regualar games and impress enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rising Star 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back