Event Rising Star Presentation Wednesday December 15 7PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t there a thread for this already?

Says the rookie who's persona is literally your real life.

Mr. "I used to work in law enforcement so I'm tough and not going to create a persona, instead I'll use my real name in the SFA"
Brenton lol
What a terrible name

Congrats Dory_77 on automatically winning the torch for season 32.
Just clarifying, although Dory_77 will almost certainly win this, it won't be automatic, we'll go through the whole charade of nominating rookies each week, we'll fake a vote and only then Dory will win.

Just clarifying, although Dory_77 will almost certainly win this, it won't be automatic, we'll go through the whole charade of nominating rookies each week, we'll fake a vote and only then Dory will win.
Cool, should I start work on my acceptance post then?

Says the rookie who's persona is literally your real life.

Mr. "I used to work in law enforcement so I'm tough and not going to create a persona, instead I'll use my real name in the SFA"
Funnily enough I’ve not had to resort to “reality” with any other team as their banter and posting has been fun and reasonable. Neither have I resorted to baiting to be entertained in any other match threads.

I have my schtick, my Sweet FA persona and am enjoying my Sweet FA journey and, trust me, I’m around for the long haul so you’ll need to deal with that, if only for your own well being.

Funnily enough I’ve not had to resort to “reality” with any other team as their banter and posting has been fun and reasonable. Neither have I resorted to baiting to be entertained in any other match threads.

I have my schtick, my Sweet FA persona and am enjoying my Sweet FA journey and, trust me, I’m around for the long haul so you’ll need to deal with that, if only for your own well being.

Nice rant--- you played the Furies weeks ago and you're still melting about that week. Me on the other hand, I've moved on.

All I'm pointing out is that your IRL name is your BigFooty username. That's not a "schtick" or creative persona mate. That's the literal definition of using "reality" in your posting Mr. Davy.

Your IRL name is your BigFooty username.

Don't pretend that your "schtick" is a creative persona mate.
The Fighting Furies Fan Club must be a blast if you’re the Vice President lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 3 Rising Stat Nomination

krakouers85

The Royals Rookie has impressed with his enthusiastic start to the Sweet FA, opposition posters have enjoyed his whit and banter and he even managed to snare a couple Votes in the MVP thread (shameless plug, check it out and place your own votes each week).
The Sweet FA public is a little concerned that PMBangers will rub off on him and/or influence his behaviour (Great double entendre Goose). Our advice Krakour, be more like Marlowe and less like Bangers.

We had a chance to catch up with Krakour and attempted to chat with his captain The Filth Wizard , but instead got stuck with PM Bangers who obviously made it all about himself.

Bangers:

Hey there PMBangers . How does it feel to have one of you recruits nominated for the Torch of the Week?
Hello new and improved joint committee, oh it's been so long since we last conversed, how are you? How are the wife and kids? Oh... not well I'm guessing by that expression, anyway. It feels great, we've had a couple nominated for their on field efforts, so it's nice to see the Kraken get some recognition for the genuine work he's doing in our match threads, averaging over 130 posts a week! That's PMBangers when he knew all he had to do was interact with opposition LG to win the EKA numbers I tell ya! And it's not bland repetitive spam like you get with a lot that put those numbers up, Krak has a lot of diversity to his posting.

Congrats on getting krakouers85 to the Gold City Royals. I know Filthy found him on the Norf board, long eyeing him off. Did he give you any idea or expectation about the recruit you were getting?
Not really no, just said this guy gives it a 'Krak' and is a genuinely funny dude, and I think that's been a solid observation so far

What has their posting style been like?
Tasteful and healthy, like a well balanced diet

What other young’uns have you brought to the club, and are there any rookies from other teams that you wish you had gotten your hands on whose posting you enjoy?
Engimal v3 and Dancing Potato are our other two 'official' rookies that hopped on board, DP (giggity) was a tour recruit which we were happy to get and Engimal essentially fell into our lap, both haven't put up the numbers like Krak but have been quality when they've popped in. Fitzey is a returning player who is like a rookie with his youthful enthusiasm in match threads, it's an unreal bunch so far.

I'm not sure we have room for anymore, I liked damicky in our Round 1 thread, Brenton Davy was good after he'd threatened to headbutt me in 7 different ways, ImissFrosty was sociable in the recent thread against the Demons. Yet to play the Pheonix, but from the glimpses of thewizardmelon they look the goods as well. It's a strong crop and I'm sure every club would be happy with what they've got though

Does krakouers85 have any media potential you'd like to hit on. He is certainly a match thread master, can you see him expanding his game?
We won't pressure him, the SFA can be a hard one to get immediately and we've seen even the best rookies hold off for their media debut, but without a doubt Krak has got the right humour and posting style to make good media if he wants to

Hello krakouers85. Congratulations on receiving the Round 3 Torch of the Week nomination. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?
The Filth Wizard had the blackmail required to get me here, PMBangers sent me a welcoming message informing me that my family was being held... so yeah... I'm still yet to hear back but I hope they like greater Ulan Bator

What are your first impressions of the place? Are the Gold City Royals looking after you?
They are... looking at me? I have some quality teammates that are out quality me... Id like to shout out individually but id be scared of the repercussions of missing one of them... something about tarring & feathering and running down the main street of Baghdad doesn't appeal to me... "Nothing Sexual"

Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you in the match threads or posters that you like the look of?
So far so good.. though I haven't seen the Bombers yet, Furies, Wonders, Bears & Demons have all shown some quality posters and plenty of spam

How about an enemy from another club that you like to spar with?
have respect for Tigerturbulance, id like to think he can make me a better poster

As I've mentioned to Bangers, you're a match thread natural, a poster that would fit into and excel in every team. Are you considering changing your style to set yourself out from the back, or will you continue to go with the flow?
Just try and think of something smart and try not to balls that up... so far... it aint working...

Do you have any media prospectus lined up? A piece of analysis or an angle that you'd like to share with the SFA?
prospectus...? Media...? Share...? What is this, some sort of professional league?

You have the S30 EKA winner in your ranks, in PMBangers, is he coaching you on how to win the prestigious award, or is he protecting you from the spotlight at this stage?
More leaving me to the wolves... or secretly recruiting me to his new expansion... Oh I shouldn't tell them that?... well this is awkward...
That wasn’t my interview…

Have I hit a nerve have I Mr. Davy?
Nah. Not at all, but I am curious about your “Fan Club”. I’m guessing that the members you have, if any, would be forever treading on eggshells trying not to upset you.

Nah. Not at all, but I am curious about your “Fan Club”. I’m guessing that the members you have, if any would be forever treading on eggshells trying not to upset you.

Nice deflection Mr. Davy.

This conversation isn't about me (or your ability to read the byline that's been under my profile picture for the past 4 months).

You got caught out sooking about "real life" posting, yet you're using your real name as a username. You do realise that this is a "Fantasy" football league with personas and not just a bunch of boomers reliving their better days.

Nice deflection Mr. Davy.

This conversation isn't about me (or your ability to read the byline that's been under my profile picture for the past 4 months).

You got caught out sooking about "real life" posting, yet you're using your real name as a username. You do realise that this is a "Fantasy" football league with personas and not just a bunch of boomers reliving their better days.
Who was sooking? I haven’t been during my time in the Sweet FA. If you want to believe that then that’s fine. It’s factually incorrect, but fine. I’ve had a blast, especially with the melts from you and GREENESHOOTS. It’s been truly entertaining

Who was sooking? I haven’t been during my time in the Sweet FA. If you want to believe that then that’s fine. It’s factually incorrect, but fine. I’ve had a blast, especially with the melts from you and GREENESHOOTS. It’s been truly entertaining

I know the Furies are your favourite topic (you’ve mentioned us in half a dozen different threads in the past fortnight), but as I said above— it’s not the conversation at hand Mr. “I don’t like real life posting, but I’m using my real name” Davy.

I know the Furies are your favourite topic (you’ve mentioned us in half a dozen different threads in the past fortnight), but as I said above— it’s not the conversation at hand Mr. “I don’t like real life posting, but I’m using my real name” Davy.
Almost as often as Furies posters have tagged me in various threads! You mob are obsessed with a rookie! Lovin’ it!

Almost as often as Furies posters have tagged me in various threads! You mob are obsessed with a rookie! Lovin’ it!

Clearly you’re rattled Mr. Davy if you’re trying to go around in circles with the same repetitive bullshit you sprouted a month ago instead of discussing the current topic.

Is using your real name on BigFooty an example of “real life” banter? If so, do you dislike your own posting style?

Clearly you’re rattled Mr. Davy if you’re trying to go around in circles with the same repetitive bullshit you sprouted a month ago instead of discussing the current topic.

Is using your real name on BigFooty an example of “real life” banter? If so, do you dislike your own posting style?
Ok.

1) I couldn’t be arsed worrying about a pseudonym for BF. It’s not real life banter, it’s just my name.
2)I like my posting style. If I didn’t, I’d change.

Ok, I’ve answer your questions, how about, you know, in the spirit of cooperation, answering mine?

Why are you so concerned about me given that I’m a rookie and why do you and GREENESHOOTS have such anger issues?

Brenton Davy & Mister M
Melts and infighting is defnitely encouraged on this thread, but please direct it at one of the following topics

1. How rubbish the S31 Rookie class was at running the original thread
2. The corrupt Gumbies
3. How did [Insert undeserving Rookie] get a nomination
4. How was I not nominated,

2, 3 and 4 go together nicely.

Brenton Davy & Mister M
Melts and infighting is defnitely encouraged on this thread, but please direct it at one of the following topics

1. How rubbish the S31 Rookie class was at running the original thread
2. The corrupt Gumbies
3. How did [Insert undeserving Rookie] get a nomination
4. How was I not nominated,

2, 3 and 4 go together nicely.

GWS Goose -- why have I not been nominated?

Is it because I didn't tell you I'd "give ya a shirtfront" and sook about being called a rook?

Remove this Banner Ad

Event Rising Star Presentation Wednesday December 15 7PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back