Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thurs March 18th 7.25pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sun should be a utility type player.
Agree: renewable energy is key for our future. :p

You would've seen by now but no - medical sub. Despite the medical screening etc - it'll be manipulated like buggery.
Well the doctor's reputation is at stake a bit there if they fudge it, I'm hoping the AFL will independently screen what's been done in case a fine or suspension needs to be issued.

The Age said:
The doctor can only rule out a player if they deem them to have an injury that would take a minimum of 12 days to recover. But unless they have concussion, the player can play in their club’s next game if they recover before 12 days.

They will need a medical certificate from their club doctor to prove this. The substitute player will be selected from the team’s emergency list, and it can occur after interchange rotations – capped at 75 per game – are exhausted.

Under the medical provision for subbing a player out, clubs were told a player with a corkie who could not play out the game could be substituted even if he recovered quickly from that cork and was able to play the next game in six or seven days’ time.

first two paras are ok, the third leaves me clear that the afl is as usual shitting the bed on this

Agree: renewable energy is key for our future. :p

Well the doctor's reputation is at stake a bit there if they fudge it, I'm hoping the AFL will independently screen what's been done in case a fine or suspension needs to be issued.

Yeah, there's a massive gap between "I believe this player is unable to return to the field" and "I believe it is in the best interests of this player that they don't return to the field".

I'm hoping the sub is for the first category, but nothing the AFL have said indicates that that's what they're going with which leads me to believe that the latter category will also be allowed. And that category leaves plenty of wriggle room.

Shane Edwards has a mouth on him.

Shane Edwards has a mouth on him.
He the one the joked about playing us in rnd 1 and it being easy?

We used to do the same to them before the shoe was on the other foot.

Things will change back soon enough, it's the way of sports.

He the one the joked about playing us in rnd 1 and it being easy?

We used to do the same to them before the shoe was on the other foot.

Things will change back soon enough, it's the way of sports.

asked about round1 - he stated " it is good for us to book 4 points every year- for Carlton it is them playing their grand final"

Mixed messages re Jack Martin :think:

asked about round1 - he stated " it is good for us to book 4 points every year- for Carlton it is them playing their grand final"
Like I said we had that nice period where they were our bunnies and their players complained about playing us in Round 1 every year and it putting them in a funk for the first few weeks.

Hope our guys can use it as motivation for an upset tomorrow so we can start to correct the ship that has been 8 years of losses to Richmond.

There has been little respect shown to us by opposition for 10+ years. It's up to our players to stand up when it counts and until now, they have failed miserable. It starts with on field aggression.

Good, sick of the media forcing players to talk like robots. Let them have a bit of fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like it has started, the endurance players being favoured by Teague.

I don't mind it, as long as it's consistent

Reckon there’s space for the best pre-season/trainers in the first couple of rounds as a reward, motivation type thing.

Injured guys can make their way back in.

There has been little respect shown to us by opposition for 10+ years. It's up to our players to stand up when it counts and until now, they have failed miserable. It starts with on field aggression.

100%

Good, sick of the media forcing players to talk like robots. Let them have a bit of fun.
sure and it also deserves an on field response too - just for a bit of fun.

Jack Martin out

LOB in

it's all happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back