Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton vs Richmond Thursday 2nd April 7.20PM @ MCG - TEAM post #821

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe cas misses out, could've exposed them big time... Mind games? Bringing him in late?

Can't believe cas misses out, could've exposed them big time... Mind games? Bringing him in late?

I said this before, but I'm seriously wondering whether Cas has a bit of an injury or coaches aren't happy with something he is doing?

Missed last NAB game, left out of round 1 even though last year he was a lock to play when fit and from the outside seems one our important and improving players.

I for one don't mind it. Didn't do a lot in NAB, and am happy for Rowe to ruck.

Richmond don't really have a big dangerous 2nd tall forward, so when Rowe rucks, i have confidence Jaksch and White can handle Griffiths and Lloyd. Rowe could even end up playing forward/ruck most of the game given we don't need his 'bulk' in the backline.

I don't think draft position comes into it for Mick and the match committee.

Agreed, trying not to be critical of the poster you responded to, but Its a bit silly to rank and rate the debutants, based on their draft position.

BB is a project player IMO, never expected him to play round one, instead I feel we should congratulated Clem (Mr Smith Goes to the MCG :D) for having an outstanding preseason, surpassing expectations !!

love that levi didn't get picked, last year for to long we played players on rep an not form....

only thing I ain't big on is bell,curnow an carrots being in the same team lack of x factor an speed but I'm open minded it's round 1 yahhhh

Clem will start as sub. No way he is fit enough to run out a whole game.
The team listed isn't usually very similar to the team we start with, usually because coaches don't want to give away any hints.

I would think Murphy would start midfield (however maybe not looking at our starting 3), Yarran half back, Clem sub, Daisy forward. With a few other couple of tinkering also

Don't bet on it...MM played Daisy off a HBF for 2 games towards the end of last season where he accumulated 27 & 29 disposals respectively. Personally, I think he'd make a pretty good matchup on Morris so don't be surprised if he starts down back & Yarran on a wing.

love that levi didn't get picked, last year for to long we played players on rep an not form....

only thing I ain't big on is bell,curnow an carrots being in the same team lack of x factor an speed but I'm open minded it's round 1 yahhhh

They really aren't THAT slow, especially Curnow and Bell, they have some speed.

In fact Curnow and Bell aren't slow at all, don't know why people keep putting them in the slow category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be a close game, depends which Carlton shows up, but not a bad team, we all start equal at the first bounce.

Looks much more like how they'd line up.
That's what I thought. So which list is actually right? Is Whitey in the run on side or on the bench? Wouldn't have thought consistently listing the same side would have been too hard...

Pretty good team .
Would have liked Casboult as 3rd big forward and 2nd ruck but who to drop ?
Would really like Jamison Jaksch and Rowe to be settled in defense without Rowe having to pinch hit in the ruck but happy to back Mick in .
He's cleared out the rotten eggs and it's his team now , Mick's a dangerous beast when his back's to the wall and he's playing for all the marbles this year !

I really don't like levi out.

It's gotta be mind games.

Levi is a better ruckmen than Rowe plus jones and Hendo are similar lead up forwards, would have loved cas for the big dukes on top of packs.

Anyway hopefully we're good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some on the Richmond board doubt Newman will play and are expecting a late change

I struggle to believe he will play.

I mean... why would they? shouldn't they let him sit out a month or so to make sure his heart won't pack it in? (that is just a throw away line I have no idea what is wrong with him)

By the way.... just noticed Vickery is an emergency.... he usually karate kicks us.

Daisy as sub actually is rather appealing for me (especially if its close at 3 Q T)

Definitely an impact player, who could be the difference coming on fresh in the final stanza...

Daisy as sub actually is rather appealing for me (especially if its close at 3 Q T)

Definitely an impact player, who could be the difference coming on fresh in the final stanza...

not at his salary... no way would he be sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back