Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton vs Richmond Thursday 2nd April 7.20PM @ MCG - TEAM post #821

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting the AFL website's match preview predicts us winning by 25 points.

Do not like...
I was surprised to read this today. We've had no love in the media and whoever I talk too (opposition fans) they have already ridden us off. Baggers by Plenty.

Carlton to win by 60 points... just a vibe with what we're building... our defense will be settled with Jamo, Rowe, Jacksch all leading the way with White and Hendo possibly floating through to assist. Plonk Casboult, Jones and Hendo/White in the forward 50 with Menzell, Thomas, Tutt/Smith to the mix... Judd is on fire and Murphy and Gibbs look ready to rock'n'roll... and Cripps ready to do some heavy lifting. Bell has been taking the incredible hulk tonic as is ready to smash... I just feel we've settled on a good game plan that's been in the making since last year... we have good X-factor around the ground in Yarran, Menzel, Everitt, Jones, Thomas, Smith? whom if they get on a bit of a roll look out..
CastleR4c.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks. We did and took a while to talk to somebody who knew anything. Eventually somebody just told us to go to "Carlton Central". Before I just put into the 'too hard' basket, I thought I'd be put the feelers out to the learned folk on Bigfooty who might be able to tell me whether this is worthwhile for a group so large.
Video on the club website says Blues Central will be outside gates 3 and 4 before the game.

Hey guys.

Any reasonable Richmond supporter will say that it should be a close game, the ones who are saying it will be 50+ are just arrogant.

We should win but it will be a close one.

Happy with underdog status. Normally we are pumped up in the betting so it feels like a bit of a slight, but really just makes victory all the sweeter.

Not really sure where they edge us. Not around the ball, we match up well on their forwards historically, they don't really have the defensive structures to take advantage of our inexperienced forward line. They may have an edge in the rucks if Ivan has a big night.

Game will be won in transition I think. If Yarran, Gibbs, Thomas and Murphy have some room to work, deliver well inside 50 and snag a few themselves I think we have the upper hand. If we can keep wraps on Ellis and Houli I am not sure who else can generate damaging run and carry for them.

I feel confident. Like, 25 points confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back