Preview RND 18 - Carlton v Collingwood Sun 18th July 3.20PM @ MCG - Team Post #401

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Honey, Fisher, Levi, Jones
Out. Setters, Fog, Newnes, Martin

Plow - Weitering - Newman
Stocker - Jones - Saad
Walsh - Cripps - Williamson
JSOS - Levi - Fisher
Betts - McKay - Owies
TKD - Dow - Kennedy
Williams - Honey - SPS - Cunrow
Sub Kemp

Meh…..I’d consider resting Cripps as he’s clearly not ok carrying three footy injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frustrating was around round 8 or 9, now its just sad.

The match committee is deadset ending kids careers with complete miss management.

I don't agree with that. Gameplan, 1st half of the year has hurt our chances, now we are fighting to have players on the park, while the gameplan has been tweaked

The list is in reasonable shape, but we still need to address some shortfalls

I wonder if Harvey will look in Buckley’s bottom drawer for the usual tactics for this game:

- No matter how badly DeGoey, Elliott or Stephenson have been playing in the lead up to this game just get any of them to drag Plowman one out to the goal square!!!

Coach killer???
I think Teague doing a good enough job killing himself
He's made his bed with selection integrity and acceptance of mediocrity and conditional football
He can now lie in it
Pretty much this.
If he got sacked I will not be feeling bad for him and he has made the bed and can lay in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 2021 is offically done (which we knew four weeks ago). Will be interested to see how Teague and the MC go for the remainder of the year. All and sundry agree that our selections this year have not made sense and quite simply been poor. Why Setterfield was selected is anybody's guess, but a fit, young player who has been showing something in the VFL should have been selected (Ramsey/Honey).

I really feel for the players like Setterfield. Played out of position all year. Played when not fit. Their confidence plummets and we all see the result.

The simple selection parameters for the remainder of the year should be this:
  1. Players must be played in position
  2. Players must be fit
If Cripps is injured - he doesn't play
If Martin is injured - he doesn't play
If Williams is injured - he doesn't play
If Casboult is still injured - he doesn't play
If Jones is still injured - he doesn't play
If Fish is unfit - he doesn't play AFL, he plays a game or two in the VFL
If Murphy is unfit and not 100%, he plays a game or two in the VFL
Unfortunately Setterfield is not retained due to his lack of form/confidence

If that means we play youngsters like Honey, Kemp and Ramsey, then so be it. Williamson, Newnes and Cottrell stay. Hopefully we see Charlie, McGovern Yes, not ideal, but we have to plan for 2022.

I don't agree with that. Gameplan, 1st half of the year has hurt our chances, now we are fighting to have players on the park, while the gameplan has been tweaked

The shortfalls are of our own making.

Players like Marchbank as talented as he is was traded to us on a discount because of injury issues. Cannot stay on the list.

Our lack of Rucks and KPD is atrocious list management

OUT: Newnes IN: O'Brien
Alternative:
Ramsay

We just need more concrete offensive prodution on the outside of our midfield than what we had on the weekend, and Newnes was part of the problem. Walsh can play the same role better and smarter, and that should be his default position on the field from now on.

O'Brien or Ramsay can compliment that, depending on how much running power we want, and how much we want SPS to rotate through the forward line.

OUT: Martin IN: Murphy
Alternative:
None

Just get Murphy the extra four games. Martin's output is way down and his touch is way off, rest him a week or two and encourage him to work on his intensity and midfield contribution in the VFL.

OUT: Setterfield IN: Carroll
Alternatives:
Fisher, Ramsay

This is more like for like, except I'd back Carroll to have a solid contribution off wing/HF in current form. If Carroll didn't manage to back up his form, then maybe look at Fisher or Ramsay. Any one of them adds pace and more of an attacking bite.

OUT: Newman IN: Jones
Alternatives:
Kemp, Casboult

Spare man who barely gets off the ground to spoil. Decent work at ground level, but we've got 3 other players in the team who can manage that. Time to let Stocker and Williamson contribute at this phase of play. If Jones isn't fit, let's get Kemp in to do it.

I’m watching the Collingwood Richmond game having watched last night’s game.

If Collingwood come to play against us next week as they are playing now then we will definitely lose And, possibly, badly.

Things MUST change at this club.

Seriously.

With the greatest lI’ve and respect Arrow you are much too much of a rusted on a supporter to properly appreciate the REAL problems with our list.

Let us accept, without emotive judgment, that the Club embarked on a genuine re build but that it has fallen short.

Now we need a ”new broom” to undertake the next reform!

Great opportunity this game. Pies have played well lately. They have few injuries. They’re playing with nothing to lose and under no pressure. Each of our players has the opportunity to focus on their job and complete each task with intensity.

Fogarty has been very impotent for a long time now and has to go. Honey should get his chance. Setterfield was beyond deplorable and has to go. Hopefully fisher is moving well and if so should come in. Casboult will be back in. May actually plays in defence. Williamson probably out.

Martin has been very poor but I think they will just keep persisting with him.

OUT: Newnes IN: O'Brien
Alternative:
Ramsay

We just need more concrete offensive prodution on the outside of our midfield than what we had on the weekend, and Newnes was part of the problem. Walsh can play the same role better and smarter, and that should be his default position on the field from now on.

O'Brien or Ramsay can compliment that, depending on how much running power we want, and how much we want SPS to rotate through the forward line.

OUT: Martin IN: Murphy
Alternative:
None

Just get Murphy the extra four games. Martin's output is way down and his touch is way off, rest him a week or two and encourage him to work on his intensity and midfield contribution in the VFL.

OUT: Setterfield IN: Carroll
Alternatives:
Fisher, Ramsay

This is more like for like, except I'd back Carroll to have a solid contribution off wing/HF in current form. If Carroll didn't manage to back up his form, then maybe look at Fisher or Ramsay. Any one of them adds pace and more of an attacking bite.

OUT: Newman IN: Jones
Alternatives:
Kemp, Casboult

Spare man who barely gets off the ground to spoil. Decent work at ground level, but we've got 3 other players in the team who can manage that. Time to let Stocker and Williamson contribute at this phase of play. If Jones isn't fit, let's get Kemp in to do it.

How am I not surprised you have Newnes and Newman as outs again and Murphy as an in.

Newman was in our best 1/2 dozen, Newnes had 4th most disposals and 6 others had similar or worse disposal efficiency. Neither will get dropped

Jones will probably come in for Willow
Levi will probably replace Setters

With the greatest lI’ve and respect Arrow you are much too much of a rusted on a supporter to properly appreciate the REAL problems with our list.

Let us accept, without emotive judgment, that the Club embarked on a genuine re build but that it has fallen short.

Now we need a ”new broom” to undertake the next reform!

With the greatest respect, I disagree. While we have some holes to fill, the list is solid and should have been in and around the 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back