Preview RND 18 - Carlton v Collingwood Sun 18th July 3.20PM @ MCG - Team Post #401

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m watching the Collingwood Richmond game having watched last night’s game.

If Collingwood come to play against us next week as they are playing now then we will definitely lose And, possibly, badly.

Things MUST change at this club.

Seriously.
We got rid of Barker...problem solved. Are you suggesting he was not the only one responsible for this situation??? Sound like we need a proper end of season review, preferably when the President is on holidays...

I wonder if Harvey will look in Buckley’s bottom drawer for the usual tactics for this game:

- No matter how badly DeGoey, Elliott or Stephenson have been playing in the lead up to this game just get any of them to drag Plowman one out to the goal square!!!

So, is he going to switch back to being a Collingwood player for just one week to dine out on us? I wonder how North would feel about that.;)

After Richmond’s loss, our next four weeks have become even bigger. Big opportunity for us, if we can beat sides below us. I am a firm believer the players now, also have an opportunity to show us if they still believe in Teague!

Intersecting 4 weeks ahead.
I would put Cripps away for the rest of the season. His body has had enough. Let others stand up and see what they have to offer.

After watching that last quarter we could be in for a right pumping this week.

If we end up in the bottom 4 come the end of the year there's no way Teague survives imo, even if Clarkson stays at Hawthorn.

And yet if we win, there'll be no shortage of people on here saying the Pies are a bottom 4 side and the win doesn't mean anything.

I would put Cripps away for the rest of the season. His body has had enough. Let others stand up and see what they have to offer.
Yep... Kidding ourselves if we truly think we are a sniff.

The injury list is extensive and we just don't have the depth. Time to start getting some of these guys into surgery very soon so they can have a full crack at pre season... Looking at Cripps and Martin especially.

Cripps out of the side - would love Setterfield to have first dip...

Hope to see Fisher in and surely Setterfield isn't played again, heaven forbid we get to see at least one of the kids play before the year is out too.

We should but we won't though, clearly suffering from some injury/multiple injuries, hence the handballing instead of kicking.

Side note that sublime handball he did over the top of his head in the Geelong game. :cool:

Pretty much this.
If he got sacked I will not be feeling bad for him and he has made the bed and can lay in it.

Agree with this in a sense, plenty of poor decisions from Teague + CO, but would have been nice to have a proper mentor for him, a head of football that didn't come straight from list management (seriously wtf??) and GOOD assistant coaches, but alas.

OUT
Martin has no strength or power through the legs, and i have no idea why he is getting centre bounces towards the end of games. Not the player who joined us last year.
Setterfield not sure he is ever going to be good enough, very limited player who can only play inside mid.

IN
Honey time to give this kid a go.unlikey to match martin in the air, or have his smarts but hurt factor and tackling should be a feature.
Casboult need him to be a legit target to offset the +1 defensively the pies will almost certainly play whilst we will run with +1 at stoppages to negate Grundy. He also compensates for martin's absence.

Leave back 7 alone, they look good together and Jones does not sound like being available.

Walsh to play more outside/wing, as we need his polish to hit the right targets going inside 50. Open to Lob coming in but note sure who makes way.
Edit - perhaps Ed Curnow. Love the guy and he has sacrificed his game for team, however not effective enough at half forward.

Agree with this in a sense, plenty of poor decisions from Teague + CO, but would have been nice to have a proper mentor for him, a head of football that didn't come straight from list management (seriously wtf??) and GOOD assistant coaches, but alas.
Exactly, hence if Teague was to be sacked the main people that behind his appointment and set up on many of those situations need to go as a result.

Exactly, hence if Teague was to be sacked the main people that behind his appointment and set up on many of those situations need to go as a result.
Ironic how everybody wants Clarkson. Bolton tried to implement Clarkson's game plan, and ended up getting sacked for it. I suppose if you are paying 1.5 mi per year for a coach you sack the whining players and not the first time coach..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last season we won 7 of 17. We win this we are 7 of 17, lose 6 of 17. So either we break even to last season or have regressed. If Teague has any pride for his job,

Out: Martin, Setterfield, Newnes, Fogarty
In: whomever is fit and gives a damn (this does not include, Murphy, McGovern)
It has little to do with Teaugy next week opposition will be primed, the Pies demolished & rampaged Tigers in just over a quater of footy, very impressive.
Harvey has reinstated self confidence in winning a game of football.
This game could get very nasty, keep our fingers crossed we regains some players.

on what planet do you think there might be someone with a degree of authority that would agree with you? I'll even take a galaxy..........

After Richmond’s loss, our next four weeks have become even bigger. Big opportunity for us, if we can beat sides below us. I am a firm believer the players now, also have an opportunity to show us if they still believe in Teague!

Intersecting 4 weeks ahead.
True, but they've had that opportunity for awhile now. Especially since the review was announced.

Season 2021 is offically done (which we knew four weeks ago). Will be interested to see how Teague and the MC go for the remainder of the year. All and sundry agree that our selections this year have not made sense and quite simply been poor. Why Setterfield was selected is anybody's guess, but a fit, young player who has been showing something in the VFL should have been selected (Ramsey/Honey).

I really feel for the players like Setterfield. Played out of position all year. Played when not fit. Their confidence plummets and we all see the result.

The simple selection parameters for the remainder of the year should be this:
  1. Players must be played in position
  2. Players must be fit
If Cripps is injured - he doesn't play
If Martin is injured - he doesn't play
If Williams is injured - he doesn't play
If Casboult is still injured - he doesn't play
If Jones is still injured - he doesn't play
If Fish is unfit - he doesn't play AFL, he plays a game or two in the VFL
If Murphy is unfit and not 100%, he plays a game or two in the VFL
Unfortunately Setterfield is not retained due to his lack of form/confidence

If that means we play youngsters like Honey, Kemp and Ramsey, then so be it. Williamson, Newnes and Cottrell stay. Hopefully we see Charlie, McGovern Yes, not ideal, but we have to plan for 2022.
What if there are no for players for the position?

Last edited:
Fully expect Teague to select as many of his experienced as he can.
This has been his way from day one and he hasn’t shown the slightest inclination to change.
In the end, he’ll more than likely walk the plank with them at seasons end and 2 years will have been largely wasted …

It's like falling over when you're chasing a player. A complete cop-out.
And Teague has been doing it all year.

How am I not surprised you have Newnes and Newman as outs again and Murphy as an in.

Newman was in our best 1/2 dozen, Newnes had 4th most disposals and 6 others had similar or worse disposal efficiency. Neither will get dropped

Jones will probably come in for Willow
Levi will probably replace Setters
Agree Newnes won’t get dropped but his stats flattered him. He had 8 clangers and the bloke could fumble for Australia. But agree, agree agree, won’t be dropped and it’s pointless bringing him up to be dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back