Preview RND 18 - Carlton v Collingwood Sun 18th July 3.20PM @ MCG - Team Post #401

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe you’re choosing to ignore that the Club just spoke about LOB last week - Luke Power specifically said LOB will be in the seniors soon and he’s been working with him so that once he’s promoted he’s ready to succeed. Given Covids impact on the reserves and player development last year and this year it makes sense that it’s taking Power a little longer with LOB. But Power gave the examples of Owies being promoted only when he’s ready and that’s worked out well. Likewise he worked with Dow and Kennedy and they have definitely improved in recent games - but have more to do. He also mentioned Honey will play seniors when he’s ready to succeed meaning multiple strong games - and I’m comfortable with that.

I know after so many years of very slow development it’s hard to continue to show patience but we started from almost zero and we definitely made mistakes especially in player development - but I’m really confident Luke Power is doing a good job and will continue to do a good job and it’s a shame we didn’t get him sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
👏👏

Being physically ready pretty much means nothing to most teams, hasn't to Carlton historically and is pretty much reserved for Teague.

Ramsay was putting up 28 possessions over a month ago and got no call up - 20 possessions is huge for that level. Of course we all know who got called up instead.

The excuses people make for Teague's refusal to develop is astonishing - literally none of them apply to any other team.

So you think development is about younger players in the seniors when they aren't ready to take the next step?

Just stop

Or maybe you’re choosing to ignore that the Club just spoke about LOB last week - Luke Power specifically said LOB will be in the seniors soon and he’s been working with him so that once he’s promoted he’s ready to succeed. Given Covids impact on the reserves and player development last year and this year it makes sense that it’s taking Power a little longer with LOB. But Power gave the examples of Owies being promoted only when he’s ready and that’s worked out well. Likewise he worked with Dow and Kennedy and they have definitely improved in recent games - but have more to do. He also mentioned Honey will play seniors when he’s ready to succeed meaning multiple strong games - and I’m comfortable with that.

I know after so many years of very slow development it’s hard to continue to show patience but we started from almost zero and we definitely made mistakes especially in player development - but I’m really confident Luke Power is doing a good job and will continue to do a good job and it’s a shame we didn’t get him sooner.

So lets play a litany of non-performing, under achieving, injured players instead ?

How is these players were performing under Bolton but fail in the reserves? How is it almost every other team in the AFL can get them into their squad but not Carlton?

The most likely explanation is the one that Teague himself gave - he prefers older bigger bodies.

It would be RIDICULOUS for the club not to be working with players would it not? They would all be working on things all the time.

Hawthorn just drew with Melbourne with 7 (?) players 21 and under - we can barely manage 3 or 4 and are only doing that after an absolute sh**t storm in the media, fan revolt and eventually a mounting injury list forced Teagues hand. The outrage over SPS in the back line was wall to wall coverage and like Dow, TDK, Owies, moves were only made after huge public outcry. Same with Murphy being dropped - Teague had his hand forced by relentless public pressure. The refusal to develop and offer opportunity is appalling for a team coming through a rebuild.

I don't want LOB to leave - but it would not surprise me in the least.

It would be RIDICULOUS for the club not to be working with players would it not? They would all be working on things all the time.

Hawthorn just drew with Melbourne with 7 (?) players 21 and under - we can barely manage 3 or 4 and are only doing that after an absolute sh**t storm in the media, fan revolt and eventually a mounting injury list forced Teagues hand. The outrage over SPS in the back line was wall to wall coverage and like Dow, TDK, Owies, moves were only made after huge public outcry. Same with Murphy being dropped - Teague had his hand forced by relentless public pressure. The refusal to develop and offer opportunity is appalling for a team coming through a rebuild.

C'mon mate don't twist things, there was no huge public outcry with de koning or Owies - tdk was picked whenever he's been fit, and they even brought in Owies after a goalless game in the VFL...

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great to hea! Very encouraging

Today looms as a big game for Jack Martin.
Setterfield has been The whipping boy (and rightly so he’s been deplorable) but Jack Martin can’t be far behind him. He has offered literally nothing since coming back from injury. Yet he continues to get selected. Last chance today? I’ll be watching closely.

Setterfield has been The whipping boy (and rightly so he’s been deplorable) but Jack Martin can’t be far behind him. He has offered literally nothing since coming back from injury. Yet he continues to get selected. Last chance today? I’ll be watching closely.

imagechecker

I think Martin is lucky they probably don't want to make more than 3 changes if they can avoid it.

Fogarty was rubbish last week too, although he did lay some tackles, outside that not deserving to keep his spot. Setters was the worst, he had I think 4 disposals in the first 3 quarters and then padded his stats a bit in the last quarter. Then Cripps is out injured.

So I reckon they're banking on Martin to turn it around this week, but if not, then it's see ya later time for him and bring in Honey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without cripps out of the midfield I worry Grundy will really get hold of us .. we may have to score a lot from rebound today Williams and Saad will need to earn there pay packets today ..

love these threats from posters "I'll be watching closely" as though post game they'll pick up the phone and have a player de-listed........

Just wanted to share this with the group and get it off my chest.

Why the **** do we have to be subjected to the fake crowd noise with these games that are played in empty stadiums. Are we all that stupid that we need that to feel the excitement of the contest.

This is a moment in history and should be bookmarked for that for the future generations. This is what footy was like during Covid-19 and we should acknowledge that. So ****ing sick of the fake noise that accompanies a goal or free kick or any of the white noise they play in the background. It adds nothing and is fooling nobody.

Anyway, Go Blues and stuff!

What a load of hyperbole and diatribe.

Are we gonna smash em today boys (and gals)?

Its Mac time
always important to add on women - they are an afterthought after all.........still, at least they got a mention..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back