Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Richmond - Saturday 28th July - 7:40pm @ MCG - Team - Post #319

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't drop Curnow, though his 'efficiency' can let him down at times.

Bruise free footy from the likes of AJ and Army (0 tackles each) would be where I'd be pointing the finger.

Yes, Virginia - Ed, Brock and Dave can play in the same side.
Thats a pretty brave statement. Aj and Army would be the last players to be seen playing "Bruise free footy", both put there heads down under the packs and do the off the ball bumping and shepherding.

Hard to call the ins and outs just at this stage, but Russell and Bower would be feeling somewhat nervous.

Possible ins: Kreuzer, Tuohy, Robinson, Warnock, Henderson although there will be at least a couple there that won't be pushed.
Was I the only one who thought his leading up from forward in the second half was valuable? Wouldnt mind him staying there for a bit, but your right with the possible ins he'd be one of the first to go. :(

Need to field best team possible since we are still in hunt for top 8, the way the draw is vis a vis positions on ladder anything can happen.

Huge Game for us.

Was I the only one who thought his leading up from forward in the second half was valuable? Wouldnt mind him staying there for a bit, but your right with the possible ins he'd be one of the first to go. :(

Looked wasted at times in the last quarter.
The coach won't like his chase on a Dogs player at all.

What came across form watching the first half on telly last night, was that Russell looked lost at times.
As a senior player, I would have thought Russell to be pointing fingers and barking instructions yet he seemed to be looking around awaiting advice.

Again, I was not at the ground but that's the way it came across to me. Hope I'm wrong.

I thought watching Russell on the TV he looked like had some of his old 2010 mindset back (thank God), just some of the execution was lacking and he let himself get a bit rushed (understandable with the time out of AFL level).

Not sure what will happen though, I'd love to have the good Jordy back but it won't happen overnight.

I thought watching Russell on the TV he looked like had some of his old 2010 mindset back (thank God), just some of the execution was lacking and he let himself get a bit rushed (understandable with the time out of AFL level).

Not sure what will happen though, I'd love to have the good Jordy back but it won't happen overnight.
Maybe a run of continous games in the seniors might get him back up to speed with the game.

Out: Bower, Dale, kid didn't do anything wrong but it is a game that we need mature/strong bodies.

In: Warnock, Robbo

I thought Russell wasn't too bad last night and for our sake and his I reckon it is important to give him another to see if that can get his confidence up.

Would love to see mitchell get a run think him and bolt could do some damage up forward and rotating through the ruck , need robinson back in and maybe ellard . Excited to see more of tommy bell :)

I was impressed with the tenacity that Joseph played with. Can't fault his effort. We know that he can struggle defensively when he gets dragged deep...but not much we can do about that. He still did some good things.

And yet Dalhaus was the leading goalkicker. 'fine job' ?

Believe Dahlhaus was on Yazz at some point as well. .. The nudges, blocks and second efforts I saw of AJs on Dahlhaus were all post half time. ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet Dalhaus was the leading goalkicker. 'fine job' ?

3 of the 4 goals that Dalhaus kicked were the WTF kind of goal.
Most normal players could not have done what Dalhaus did, especially with that consistently.

If dalhaus was lining up regularly for set shots, or kicked his goals in open space regularly then you can have a cracked at Joseph.

I would only drop him if Mitchell is right to go.

Why would you drop a guy who can play both ends, kicked 2 goals in the seniors for a kid with no experience just because he kicked 4 goals in the 2's?

Probably wouldn't have kicked them either if Thornton hadn't got an overdue promotion.

I, like many, have high hopes for Mitchell but 1 game doesn't a season make.

Army had an off game, capped of in a red vest in the end, but has been quite consistant all year, I'll back him to get back into it. Getting Warnock back will be awesome for our structure. Allows Tbird to play permanent forward and Cas to play the roughhead roll.

Just watched last nights game. One of the big things that stood out and has been an issue all season is that we don't have enough talls up forward to make lose defenders like Brian Lake accountable. Watson and Casboult were double teamed a fair bit up there because they were the only talls. It would be great to see Warnock and Mitchell come in. Have Thronton play stints out of the goals square and up on the wing/HFF, Mitchell as a perminant forward and Casboult as a forward who relieves in the ruck. I thought Casboult lead up hard at the ball and he took some really nice marks. He's also not going to get pushed aroud a lot because of his size and should take a good tall defender. Mitchell has been playing for two months, kicked 4 goals against an out standing VFL side in a flogging and would relish the expierence of a run at this level. Thornton up forward will also take the pressre off Casboult and Mitchell. We need to keep developing these fellas and show some faith in them and back their abilities. I recon we stretch Richmond and give them more to worry about than just our small forwards.

I would player him in Walkers role, he could make it as a mid sized forward/wing.

Just watched last nights game. One of the big things that stood out and has been an issue all season is that we don't have enough talls up forward to make lose defenders like Brian Lake accountable. Watson and Casboult were double teamed a fair bit up there because they were the only talls. It would be great to see Warnock and Mitchell come in. Have Thronton play stints out of the goals square and up on the wing/HFF, Mitchell as a perminant forward and Casboult as a forward who relieves in the ruck. I thought Casboult lead up hard at the ball and he took some really nice marks. He's also not going to get pushed aroud a lot because of his size and should take a good tall defender. Mitchell has been playing for two months, kicked 4 goals against an out standing VFL side in a flogging and would relish the expierence of a run at this level. Thornton up forward will also take the pressre off Casboult and Mitchell. We need to keep developing these fellas and show some faith in them and back their abilities. I recon we stretch Richmond and give them more to worry about than just our small forwards.

Tend to agree, richmonds back line isn't great at the best of times, I'd bring is Mitchell put him deep, have Levi at CHF and t-bird as that roaming 3rd tall to really stretch there defense!

Warnock would be a certainty you would think. I'd like to see Mitchell get a game too, see ya later to:

Bower & Armfield.

Dale will probably be dropped for Robinson.

So I would say this:

OUT: Bower, Armfield, Dale (unlucky)
IN: Warnock, Robinson, Kreuzer (if not fit, then Mitchell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back