Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Richmond - Saturday 28th July - 7:40pm @ MCG - Team - Post #319

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warnock would be a certainty you would think. I'd like to see Mitchell get a game too, see ya later to:

Bower & Armfield.

Dale will probably be dropped for Robinson.

So I would say this:

OUT: Bower, Armfield, Dale (unlucky)
IN: Warnock, Robinson, Kreuzer (if not fit, then Mitchell)

You're a hard task master on Army. He's been good all year and I'm not sure he plays two bad games in a row these days.

Warnock would be a certainty you would think. I'd like to see Mitchell get a game too, see ya later to:

Bower & Armfield.

Dale will probably be dropped for Robinson.

So I would say this:

OUT: Bower, Armfield, Dale (unlucky)
IN: Warnock, Robinson, Kreuzer (if not fit, then Mitchell)
Warnock or kreuzer, not both. Kreuze needs to be playing #1 ruck and warnock can't play anything but #1 ruck so we don't have room for both. Kreuze if FULLY fit and if ANY doubt warnock instead. Levi or T-Bird to give them a chop out in the ruck.

Hopefully we bring in one of Warnock or Kruezer, if both fit then Kreuzer.

I really believe one more tall option is needed, even if Hendo comes back in,would be nice to have him as a swing man with TBird. Casboult may need the rest as he really started to cramp up in fourth, so perhaps Mitchell might be able to get a hit out up forward. It is important not to sacrifice having a KPP player in the team for having a second ruckmen, as we have learnt from the best sides, the second ruckmen is normally a strong bodied KPP who can go into the ruck, not a burley ruckmen trying to play Key Position Forward.

Not sure who misses, Bower is a lock for mine. AJ, Russell and Armfield may provide too similar a role so one may miss. Armfield is definately last in that list. Dale to play in the twos, he did not do anything wrong but needs to play four quarters for fitness levels.

Warnock, Robinson and Henderson in. Henderson, Casboult and Thornton (3rd tall and most dangerous in that role) forward with Casboult the relief ruck. Like to Gibbs down there more too.

Casboult took 6 or so similar powerful pack-crashing marks to the two he took last night in the 2 VFL finals last year. It wasn't hard to work out at some point that would eventually carry over to AFL level at some stage. Someone who bust a pack and take that type of contested grab is worth their weight in gold.

I want to embarrass Richmond this week. If we can beat Richmond, Essendon and finish higher on the ladder than the Tigers this year then I'm happy.

Warnock and Hendo definitely need to come in. Would be happy to keep Levi in, but this time at full forward. He took a few nice grabs yesterday.

Bell has definitely earned another run.

All depends on the injured and whose ready to play. A ruckman will be a start. I also think we need Hendo back. Im sure he is better able than Jammo on negating Jacks influence. I would keep Bell and Casboult in regardless. Russell, Bower and Tbird need to up their fitness, so they will go out.

Pretty sure we wont see Mitchell till we are mathematically unable to make the finals. Would love to see him develop more and then let him loose on an unsuspecting Richmond, round 1 next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outs would be really tough because no one was really bad last week, it's just a matter of going back to our structures. I've got no idea who is avaliable. Kreuzer, Henderson, Mitchell, Robinson, Touhy, Lucas, Warnock could all be avaliable. I really don't think you can play Kreuzer and Warnock because none can play another position, both play best as a main ruckman and it robs us of flexability, run and rotations if you play them both. Kreuzer should rest unless he is 100% otherwise we chose between he and Warnock. If Henderson is fit then Thornton or maybe Bower misses. If Touhy is fit then perhaps Dale or Joseph miss. If Robbo is fit then this is tough as there are a number of players he could replace. Mitchell might also come in but i am not sure what our thinking about going tall up forward and continuing our mini youth policy is. Either way We should be going with a fit list and looking to maintain/improve our structure as we are still too short in attack. Would love to see Mitchell come in as a full forward, Casboult as a ruck relief/forward pocket and Henderson play as a CHF, using his athleticism and smarts leading hard up the ground. This is roughly the Forward structure that Collingwood, Adelaide, WCE, Hawthorn and Geelong have been using. Any AFL side would struggle to match up on all these three and beat them and then match up on Betts, Garlett and Collins/resting mid/who ever. It would see at least one of the talls getting a weak opponant and it would stop the tall lose man in defence that kill us week in week out. Just on the defence, I'd be happy to leave Watson at CHB, he just doesn't time his leads as a forward and lead from the right areas quite well enough at this stage and it sees him standing still and having it kicked on his head rather than leading hard at the footy. I'd like to see him worked on as a forward but that might be something to play with over the preseason. I've always had an Idea he would turn into a Brian Lake type defender, did we send him forward, not just for structure but to get a good look at how Lake plays? Possibly. Any way Richmond wont be a pushover, this match won't be easy, they are about where we are at the moment and end of the day it will be won in the midfield.

Making heaps of changes constantly isnt good for team cohession especially if we want to blood new players (looks like we are now)
warnock is a must to rest kreuz up and we need a ruck.
if mitch is good to go dale or curnow can make way.
if hendo gets up i think bower makes way for structures sake.

was at the NB game yesterday mitchell has awesome reading ability and can take a good contested mark but needs to work on his kicking a little more. give him one more week in the 2's before we trial him.

if all goes well touhy and mitchell can be possible ins for round 19.

Yeah team selection this week is going to be very interesting indeed, I hope the MC don't just bring those kids in for one game, will be extremely disappointed.

Ins/Outs all depends on who is available I would think. Would like to see the kids get an extended run but not while we are still mathematically in the hunt.

Warnock definitely in, and then any of Henderson, Tuohy, Robinson and Kreuzer if they are right to go.
Dale the likely out.

Really liked Bell!:)

Win this, go to 9-8 while Tigers go 7-10 season over!
Go Blues!!

Not sure I trust Jamo to take Riewoldt anymore, would much prefer Hendo back.

Ratts loves Simon White so I wouldn't rule out him coming in for Bower and Warnock for someone else.

With our intense preseason rivalry and build up to round 1s, I've actually grown to like the Tigers :|. Know far too much about them as a Carlton supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back