Preview Rnd 18 - Carlton v Richmond - Saturday 28th July - 7:40pm @ MCG - Team - Post #319

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can someone deflate my expectations. .. After looking at the selections, I can see the MC has scraped together their solid experienced campaigners from the last couple of years. .. Looks like man on man, old school make them earn it, selections. .. Couple all that with the hoodoo and we're actually a chance here. .. Carlton by 26. ..

I am predicting if we are ahead at the final siren, we win. :D

Yup because you can kick more goals and still lose ;)

Can someone deflate my expectations. .. After looking at the selections, I can see the MC has scraped together their solid experienced campaigners from the last couple of years. .. Looks like man on man, old school make them earn it, selections. .. Couple all that with the hoodoo and we're actually a chance here. .. Carlton by 26. ..

Yup because you can kick more goals and still lose ;)

Exactly Clay. ;)

So how do we win this game? On paper they look to be a better side.
We won't get first use of the footy, especially not in the wet. I think this game will be all about forcing turnovers, and being the better users of the ball. Team has been named accordingly. Extra runners allow the boys to keep the pressure on all over the ground, duigan out because he can't kick.
I like our chances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised to see Armfield stay after Russell got one game before going out. No reason JR can't play the same defensive role that Armfield is doing. Russell is a better ball user and decision maker than Army who has been poor of late. I guess Dennis has come into possession of those photos of Ratts. :cool:

Gibbs would appreciate another whipping boy being selected along with Joseph to take the pressure off him.

Surprised to see Armfield stay after Russell got one game before going out. No reason JR can't play the same defensive role that Armfield is doing. Russell is a better ball user and decision maker than Army who has been poor of late. I guess Dennis has come into possession of those photos of Ratts. :cool:

Gibbs would appreciate another whipping boy being selected along with Joseph to take the pressure off him.
hmm Army in our best 4 for the year v JR???????????????????

hmm Army in our best 4 for the year v JR???????????????????
yeah... kinda weird... like leaving DE out of the game this weekend when he deserves a run. Still... you cant fault the club trying out players who are not certainties to be on the list next year. I reckon Ellard will be safe (if he is coming out of contract at the end of the year that is... otherwise, he will definitely staying...)

yeah... kinda weird... like leaving DE out of the game this weekend when he deserves a run. Still... you cant fault the club trying out players who are not certainties to be on the list next year. I reckon Ellard will be safe (if he is coming out of contract at the end of the year that is... otherwise, he will definitely staying...)
ellard should tell ratts to shove it

I am predicting if we are ahead at the final siren, we win. :D

As long as they are not close enough to win it with a kick after the siren.:eek:

Bret Thornton breaks the record for most games in the number 32 jumper in this game.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4311/newsid/142821/default.aspx

One great stat from the article is:

Thornton played for Vic Metro in the 2001 Under 18 Australian Championships and three other players involved in that carnival also have their names on lockers at Visy Park in honour of playing 100 games for Carlton. Chris Judd on locker number 3 (Vic Metro), Jarrad Waite on locker number 30 beneath his late father Vin (Vic Country) and Andrew Carrazzo on locker number 44 (Vic Metro).

Do you think Marc Murphy might be annoyed that Chris Judd has his name on Marcs locker?

conditions would suit ellard tonight and his form has been good in the twos.i would have thought armfield out for de tonight.davies inclusion baffles me and if jamo goes down early we only have thornton as a back up.bit risky going in with only one genuine tall def

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back