Review Rnd 19 Review : Cats def Dogs at Skilled Stadium aka Kardinia Park

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to be at that ground to understand what lifeless dull place it is, most of the game sounds like tennis point where the crowds being told to stay quiet. They really don't deserve anymore success down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Compared to the sterile and completely devoid of character concrete jungle that is Etihad?

They're both just as bad. I'd laugh if norf won too. Saints would no longer be kidding themselves about making finals.
There's about 3-4 main bored D/Hs from the Aints like every other club, not the 30-40 like Norf and most of them get a free run to do what they like also

Can kinda empathise with the Aints, not with Norf though

Compared to the sterile and completely devoid of character concrete jungle that is Etihad?
Look dude, I went to the Cattery 5 years ago and you beat us by ten goals but the atmosphere that day was shit, no one was cheering your goals it was like you expected them or thought meh, but it did seem like you guys were full of voice last night, but it shouldn't take a major milestone for it to happen, it needs to be a regular thing.

Arsenal cops similar flack about their fans atmosphere at the Emirates, I wouldn't have thought it was a criticism, it seems a mere fact.

Have you got some bragging to do on your board, you know telling everyone your team would smash us:straining: lucky for you Libba went down, he made Danger look average.

as proud as i am of the boys, and generally positive and happy today about what i saw last night, i'm not sure i saw what everyone else did in Zaine.

Don't get me wrong, i like him, he seems a smart footballer, build to hassle not lose contests in the air and on the deck, i thought he was a bit meh last night apart from his goal. He had a crack though, and i'm pumped to see him get a shot playing out the season in the 1s

I really hate when we whinge about injuries and I do my best not to because most clubs have bad spells but ffs

Morris 1 week
Mccrae 2-3 weeks
Adams 2-3 weeks
Williams 2-3 weeks
Moyd 2-6 weeks
Sucking 2-6 weeks

Campbell season
Libba season
Redpath season
Wallis season
Murphy season
Prudeen season

Not to mention Roughhead, JJ, and stringer look like they are carrying something. Add in Crameri being out and McClean just returning

Sad days
Every club is hit with injuries. However, there are always some clubs hit worse than others at any given point throughout the season.

I was going to ask which players you guys would expect to see back by finals, but having seen your list I am going to say that it would be safe to surmise that the emboldened component of your list would be a realistic chance to all be there when the whips are cracking?

There's a likelihood that our clubs could yet again meet in 2016. Should the dogs win their first final and Geelong lose theirs, it could potentially set up a third match in three months between the two clubs.

I liked what I saw from the dogs last night. There's a lot of talent there with the ability to win the hard ball and the lighting hands by some of the young Bulldog players were certainly impressive. Kicking skills were also a strong point, especially from young Caleb Daniel.

I wouldn't be as confident as I have been in previous times if we faced off again this season. With those inclusions come finals, I genuinely think the dogs can still do some damage. I wouldn't put my house on them winning the flag, but on last night's effort they should still make some clubs nervous.

Etihad is actually way better than skilled. I'd would be happy if they built a good stadium down here but it's too long and too narrow. It makes for dour football. Subiaco is also the same. I hope they are smart enough in Perth to make a ground similar to the MCG. Skilled is also a concrete jungle, nothing with character , just with more flaws than Etihad. I was down there this morning for juniors on the outside grounds and it seems the new stand they are building is compromised because it looks like they built one of the light towers too close? Viewing is also terrible if you are at each goal end, just too far away from the action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club is hit with injuries. However, there are always some clubs hit worse than others at any given point throughout the season.

I was going to ask which players you guys would expect to see back by finals, but having seen your list I am going to say that it would be safe to surmise that the emboldened component of your list would be a realistic chance to all be there when the whips are cracking?

There's a likelihood that our clubs could yet again meet in 2016. Should the dogs win their first final and Geelong lose theirs, it could potentially set up a third match in three months between the two clubs.

I liked what I saw from the dogs last night. There's a lot of talent there with the ability to win the hard ball and the lighting hands by some of the young Bulldog players were certainly impressive. Kicking skills were also a strong point, especially from young Caleb Daniel.

I wouldn't be as confident as I have been in previous times if we faced off again this season. With those inclusions come finals, I genuinely think the dogs can still do some damage. I wouldn't put my house on them winning the flag, but on last night's effort they should still make some clubs nervous.
If we can win a final considering our injuries then that would be a good achievement, similar to what we did in 2006 perhaps.

But we have not had a settled 22 since round 2, we always get injuries in game or someone pulls up sore the next week and isn't selected, the only week we didn't have an injury/someone pulled up sore was round 8 and both Boyd and Redpath copped dodgy one week suspensions

Gotta make the 8 first, if we roll Norf next week then that will be a much needed confidence boost but I reckon we might be headed to Perth or Western Sydney first week of the finals at this rate

Missing irreplaceable best 22 players: Adams, Murphy, Morris, M.Boyd, Wallis, Crameri

Missing borderline players (18-25 on list): Redpath, Campbell, McLean, Suckling

Missing depth players: Williams, Prudden

Plus Libba and Macrae from last night. Takes a toll, winning a final would be a great result from here :rainbow:

Have you got some bragging to do on your board, you know telling everyone your team would smash us:straining: lucky for you Libba went down, he made Danger look average.
Nope. Nothing to brag about. Full kudos to an undermanned dogs. Had Libba not gone down, the margin would have been cut even narrower than the moderate 25 points which it ended up being.

I did genuinely think that we'd win by a lot more. To be fair though, so did many of your contemporaries. I certainly wasn't without peer in thinking what I thought.

Etihad is actually way better than skilled. I'd would be happy if they built a good stadium down here but it's too long and too narrow. It makes for dour football. Subiaco is also the same. I hope they are smart enough in Perth to make a ground similar to the MCG. Skilled is also a concrete jungle, nothing with character , just with more flaws than Etihad. I was down there this morning for juniors on the outside grounds and it seems the new stand they are building is compromised because it looks like they built one of the light towers too close? Viewing is also terrible if you are at each goal end, just too far away from the action.
Will they be able to have 40k capacity eventually, or will it just hover around high 20s/low 30s and no neutrals will ever be able to get a seat unless they pay through the nose?

But they still gave him 3 votes in the paper. Watching a different game to me. Will wait and see, but if Ablett can get 3 from the umpire in a 100+ point loss against the Pies, then Danger is a cert last night. Apparently Sportsbet have paid out on him today.

Yeah it is a bit annoying.

What was great though, was Bev saying how great Adcock was. Shows many outside of the club have nfi when it comes to roles and output.
Or they know exactly why he was picked but don't agree with the MC that his good outweighs his bad. There's no need to insult someone who has a difference of opinion with you.
In saying that he was inoffensive last night and if he keeps that level he should play until Boyd is back.

Criticising a stadium. Ouch, that hurts.
No. Just offering a different perspective on things given that it is your homeground. Etihad has its upsides, but it's certainly not characterful, especially with the roof shut.

I recall the first game I went to at Colonial Stadium in 2000 was against the doggies. It thought it'd end up being a white Elephant sitting all by itself out at the Docklands.

These days it just looks completely out of place having been swallowed up by the conglomeration of buildings. It's still great with respect to the vantage points, providing you're not sitting beside the scoreboard on the top level.

The other flaw is with its orientation. When the roof is open on a sunny afternoon... well, I'm sure enough of you have been there to know. It's not pleasant. The sooner they bulldoze it to free up Bourke St. the better!

this is the team i anticipate for next week pending no suckling or moyd

JJ Roberts Morris
Biggs Wood Hamling
Daniel Bont Hunter
Dickson Stringer Clay
Stevens Boyd Dunkley
Rough Dahl Picken

Adcock, Jong, Webb, Cordy

that team can beat north imo

No. Just offering a different perspective on things given that it is your homeground. Etihad has its upsides, but it's certainly not characterful, especially with the roof shut.

I recall the first game I went to at Colonial Stadium in 2000 was against the doggies. It thought it'd end up being a white Elephant sitting all by itself out at the Docklands.

These days it just looks completely out of place having been swallowed up by the conglomeration of buildings. It's still great with respect to the vantage points, providing you're not sitting beside the scoreboard on the top level.

The other flaw is with its orientation. When the roof is open on a sunny afternoon... well, I'm sure enough of you have been there to know. It's not pleasant. The sooner they bulldoze it to free up Bourke St. the better!
You are one of the more needlessly verbose posters I have read.

Will they be able to have 40k capacity eventually, or will it just hover around high 20s/low 30s and no neutrals will ever be able to get a seat unless they pay through the nose?
I believe the medium term target in around 36K, with long term projected to be 40K+.

Don't worry, Geelong doesn't enjoy having to adopt a supply and demand premium; the club would much prefer to have the stadium's capacity to be at a level which would enable (almost) every opposition club's supporter base wishing to attend an away match to be able to do so comfortably.

Look dude, I went to the Cattery 5 years ago and you beat us by ten goals but the atmosphere that day was shit, no one was cheering your goals it was like you expected them or thought meh, but it did seem like you guys were full of voice last night, but it shouldn't take a major milestone for it to happen, it needs to be a regular thing.

Arsenal cops similar flack about their fans atmosphere at the Emirates, I wouldn't have thought it was a criticism, it seems a mere fact.
The subdued crowd has been a topic of discussion on our board for as long as I've been on these forums.

I think you've hit the nail on the head re expectations. We can't expect to win like we used to; last night was more to do with the competitive competition than simply being about a milestone match for two of our champs.

They both did receive individual cheers from the crowd, but notwithstanding the crowd was full of voice independently of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rnd 19 Review : Cats def Dogs at Skilled Stadium aka Kardinia Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back