Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 4th April 3.20PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I can't see how they can keep going with Academies. Swans have loaded up on multiple first round picks for pennies due to the academy. Heeny, Mills, Blakey, Campbell etc. When you can give up late picks for 1st round talent the system is broken.

That being said the Swans are a first class organisation. Unlikely the cluster fu** that is Carlton. From the board down we have been a rabble for a long time.
AFL have already modified the Next Gen Academy system such that bids can only be matched from pick 21 onwards, but they've also assumed control of those academies.

Remains to be seen if the AFL will consider something similar for the NEAFL-related teams.

The change Teague made when he took over was to drop the kids and put the older players in so nothing has really changed in that regard

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
At the time he took over imo it was the right thing to do as Bolton had the mix in particular through the midfield completely wrong .
But now 30 games on and now into the 6th year of the rebuild with the addition of Saad and Williams on top of other additions last year of Newnes and Martin and other mature aged players , we should not be playing 5 30+ players in the side as it seems we will be .
At the very least Murphy and Casboult should not be there this weekend .

I really dont see the point of adding Omac to the list who isnt a world beater but did debut impressively whilst Cas runs around on one leg .
Teague is showing blind loyalty that imo is now actually contributing or fostering lacklustre inconsistent performances defensively .

So the outs are Fisher (inj), Martin (inj) and Williamson (omit)
The ins most likely Silvagni, Parks, Betts?
Kennedy, Stocker, McGovern, Honey, Owies, McDonald, Cuningham, LOB, Ramsay, Philp all played ressies and if it were a debutant we would expect to have heard about it.

Last edited:
Sydney, few years out of the 8, load up on academy picks, hard at it culture, looking great.

Carlton load up on first round picks, end up with Walsh and Harry.... Rest look lazy, uninterested and here we are staring at the vfl side hoping someone from the Mc down to the trainer makes a statement.
After a decade's worth of questionable recruiting, player development and coaching, here we are three rounds in hoping to beat a decimated Freo team in Melbourne. :'(

So the outs are Fisher (inj), Martin (inj) and Williamson (omit)
The ins most likely Silvagni, Parks, Betts?
Kennedy, Stocker, McGovern, Honey, Owies, McDonald, Cuningham, LOB, Ramsay, Philp all played ressies and if it were a debutant we would expect to have heard about it.
Cottrell could be an in but likely to be the sub?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as in he played well?
Yup, when played as a defender. Little extra fire thrown in, but when you just let him play defend first, then attack, he plays his best footy.

Teach him midfield craft in 1 on 1 sessions over the course of the year, and it will add to his existing positional play while he figures it all out.

Yup, when played as a defender. Little extra fire thrown in, but when you just let him play defend first, then attack, he plays his best footy.

Teach him midfield craft in 1 on 1 sessions over the course of the year, and it will add to his existing positional play while he figures it all out.
looks like stocker played well also...and kicked 2 goals. good news.

Seriously, game starts in less than 23 hours. Why the wait on sides? Reserves have played. When do they come out, just after 6?

We'll have to agree to disagree about Kennedy - I see him as a genuine mid-marking forward rotation - whose worst efforts are no worse than a few being played each week and whose better games kill some of the regulars Teague keeps playing - and who are proven defensive liabilities every week.

Anyway Teague is the man and good luck to him and his MC.
Nah. His worst efforts are putrid. His best is good, but only seems to come out in the wet, when the game slows down to his pace. The new, faster, game would fly by him.

I say this as a fan of his.

The news coming out of the reserves game gives the impression that Willo should never have been dropped. The MC's hubris is becoming very apparent.

Willo was the "easy" sacrificial lamb...not saying he did or didn't deserve it...just saying he'll probably suck it up and not question it
The MC are a pack of halfwits for the way in which they are obstinately throwing players around in positions they are not accustomed to

Honestly I can't see how they can keep going with Academies. Swans have loaded up on multiple first round picks for pennies due to the academy. Heeny, Mills, Blakey, Campbell etc. When you can give up late picks for 1st round talent the system is broken.

That being said the Swans are a first class organisation. Unlikely the cluster fu** that is Carlton. From the board down we have been a rabble for a long time.

I’ve got no problem with Sydney getting first dibs on their academy players but the advantage is massive.

20% discount automatically is huge but I think the biggest advantage is those kids do hundreds of sessions and when they are drafted they know the system back to front.

Everybody needs to pay full quid, whether it’s F/S or academy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree, with Martin and Fish out we cannot afford to lose skilled I50 users of ball like Murphy. JSOS and Betts will bring more defensive forward pressure, and Murph will bring skilled disposals into the forward half.
Nah, this is crap. Richmond (while belted today) run out with 16 pretty average players every week but work and run harder than anyway.

Cottrells run and hardness would be immeasurably more useful than murphs 3 inside 50 kicks per week.

Thus idea keeps getting shat out of people's mouths. It is so wrong it isn't funny.

Our issues are intensity, work rate and tackling as 1 2 and 3.

Our players are talented enough.

We win 60% of our games if we had Richmond or Sydney (the new yardstick for pressure in 2021 over 3 games) pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back