Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v North Friday 29th March 4.20PM @ Marvel - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Elijah Hollands, Caleb Marchbank, Jacob Weitering
OUT: David Cuningham (calf), Brodie Kemp, Lewis Young
NEW: Elijah Hollands

Round 3 team v North Melbourne
Backs:Caleb MarchbankJacob WeiteringZac Williams
Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLewis Young

North in for an absolute bath. Got the driver to behave itself off the tee, now looking to dial in the irons.
What impresses me is that we have basically worked on plan B for one pre season and got two wins, confidence should be sky high in the playing/coaching groups.

I reckon we bounce back after a close shave against the tigers … not sure 10 odd goals or so but say 25 points is my prediction our big boys will get the job done

I’ll be watching their game today …

It would be nice to get out to a decent lead and keep them at arms length all day. Need a break from these close calls.

Play to our strengths with our contested game and try to break them open with some quick transition. They look a mess when the ball slings back after an attacking phase. Tackle the crap out of them too, seem to crumble with when the pressure is applied.

I’m keen to see if there’s any improvement in our running out of quarters given the recent revelation we were still in a pre-season training block for the first two rounds.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. 15 day break and a few players returning who may be rusty. If we get that balance wrong it might be tougher than it has to be, but realistically we should have too much talent and experience across the ground.

North playing a good brand of footy, should be a good contest
Their midfield is very good. Xerri gone to another level this year as well. They play a high risk style of play with the three attacking HBs which when it works can pay off big time

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North look like they did last season, enough young talent to start games well, not enough talent and maturity to put together 4 quarters. Think they may challenge early but really, this should become a percentage booster. Only have to apply pressure to North and we will smash them on the turnover alone. They are sloppy, particularly late in games when fatigue sets in. We get this done by 30+.

Their midfield is very good. Xerri gone to another level this year as well. They play a high risk attacking style of play with the three attacking HBs which when it works pays off big time

Was comprehensively beat by Jackson after the first quarter imo...

I'd be expecting TDK to have his competitive battle with him early but then burn him off as the game wears on.

Was comprehensively beat by Jackson after the first quarter imo...

I'd be expecting TDK to have his competitive battle with him early but then burn him off as the game wears on.
I was at the game and thought it was a really good battle. Xerri matched him in the ruck and had 19 disposals, 6 tackles, 7 clearances and 3 marks. Become a good player

Hoping we see E.Hollands come in next week and put on a clinic to get his season off on the right note. Dishing assists to H and Charlie all night should be a good confidence booster if the mids get it to him
It’ll be great to watch his work for a whole game - I’ve seen training snippets of Elijah - still can’t picture what kind of player he is.

What previous player would you say he’s most like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back