Preview 2024 Rd 4 (Gather Round) Carlton vs Fremantle Saturday April 6 - 4.20PM (AEDT) @ Adelaide Oval - Team stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Brodie Kemp
OUT: Caleb Marchbank (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Zac WilliamsMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Orazio FantasiaHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Corey DurdinMatthew OwiesMatthew Cottrell
Jordan BoydJack Carroll
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLachlan Cowan

Young makes very few clangers, but I don't consider him a good kick. He is slow moving and slow with the ball.

Kemp does make mistakes but his kicking is zone busting at times and certainly a lot more damaging than Marchbank.
Kemp's natural instinct is to attack, which of course will result in mistakes from time to time.

If we're gonna persist with him as a defender, we have to be patient for him to develop the nous when to attack and when to defend. He has the skills, but with only 25 games under his belt he's still learning the caper.

All information obtained from official club websites.*

By Games

View attachment 1949880

By Age

View attachment 1949956

By Height

View attachment 1949895

*This is a personal post. Any views and opinions in this post are personal and belong only to the post owner. They do not represent opinions of people, institutions or organisations that the post owner may or may not be associated with in a professional or personal capacity unless explicitly stated. Any similarity with other posts, either living or dead, are coincidental. All available content in this post is only for informational purposes. The owner of this post does not make representations as to the authenticity or fullness of any information. The post owner will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in this information. The post owner will not be accountable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the exposure to, or usage of this information. Headaches, heart failure, blood clots, anal leakage, or aches and pains, are not known side effects of this information. However, if any medical condition presents, persons should consult a medical professional.
Ts & Cs apply?

Young makes very few clangers, but I don't consider him a good kick. He is slow moving and slow with the ball.

Kemp does make mistakes but his kicking is zone busting at times and certainly a lot more damaging than Marchbank.
Marchbank will be more daring once he reestablishes himself.

Young is slow thinking as much as anything else. One of the big differences when Weiters came back he just had more confidence to get the ball and go immediately.

Young very much in preservation mode knowing any mistake and he's gone. I wish he'd realise if he plays with that mentality he's gone anyway. The frustrating thing is we've all seen him play well when he's got his mental approach right.

Kemp is pleasing as he just looks like a footballer with plenty scope but he seems to small to be the CHB - personally I hope lemmey plays CHB back and shoots the lights out in VFL comes in later in the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm excited for today. Freo's defence is no joke and will really test our forwards good form.

I really rate Alex Pearce and hope Big H gives him a bath.

Cloris Leachman Halloween GIF by Filmeditor

Yep - Pearce is almost unbeatable in “one v ones” - he is huge!!

Harry needs to get on his bike and work him over.

Exciting to see Harry so quickly reinvent himself into the traditional workhorse CHF so quickly this year - reminds me of N.Riewoldt.

Also exciting to see H regularly listed not just in the top KMs run, but in the top few for speed.

Also, despite their similar athletic attributes, Harry is a much better footballer than Ben.

Another big test for the forwards against a defence that has held up well in 2024. We know the talls will do their thing - still need the fleet of mediums to keep hitting the scoreboard - hoping Durdin can be more actively involved - if he could mirror Fogarty’s output and workrate with his nous for goal and skill-level he’d be a star.

Hollands just got better and better as the game wore on last week - can see why he was touted as a possible pick 1 in his draft year - elite numbers for a high half-forward.

Need to be very careful with how we manage Kempy. I could imagine that he took it as a bit of a kick in the guts, being dropped last week. Personally, I didn't see the need to rush Caleb straight back in. I thought that Brodie had done a reasonable job in the first couple of games. We don't want to mess with his confidence. Good to see that they played him up forward in the 2's last week. I think he could establish himself up there in the future. For now, I'm glad he is available to fill the breach down back and do a job for us today. He played on Taberner a couple of seasons ago and came out on top. Good effort considering he is giving away a height and size advantage.

Solid, hard at it footy with considered ball use will get the job done today. Go Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back