Preview 2024 Rd 4 (Gather Round) Carlton vs Fremantle Saturday April 6 - 4.20PM (AEDT) @ Adelaide Oval - Team stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Brodie Kemp
OUT: Caleb Marchbank (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Zac WilliamsMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Orazio FantasiaHarry McKayMatthew Kennedy
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowLachie Fogarty
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Corey DurdinMatthew OwiesMatthew Cottrell
Jordan BoydJack Carroll
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsMarc PittonetLachlan Cowan

Hoping Orazio has just been building towards full fitness these last few rounds and is ready to explode. Playing in his home town on a ground he's done some damage on before. 3-4 goals from him would be delicious.

I don’t think we will see the best of Orazio until the second half of the year.

In saying that he is talented enough to open up a game at less than 100%. The problem is his obvious injury risk.

I like him because he demands respect from an opposition defender, can create a goal from nothing.

I would rather see someone like Cincotta as sub. I just don't think the likes of Durds, Raz or Owies gives us that much flexibility if we loose a soldier early in the game.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Reckon it makes a certain degree of sense with our current lineup. A forward comes on as sub, someone like Kennedy moves to more of a midfield role, and any other shuffles happen as needed from there.

All information obtained from official club websites.*

By Games

Blues v Dockers by Games.png

By Age

Blues v Dockers by Age.png

By Height

Blues v Dockers by Height.png

*This is a personal post. Any views and opinions in this post are personal and belong only to the post owner. They do not represent opinions of people, institutions or organisations that the post owner may or may not be associated with in a professional or personal capacity unless explicitly stated. Any similarity with other posts, either living or dead, are coincidental. All available content in this post is only for informational purposes. The owner of this post does not make representations as to the authenticity or fullness of any information. The post owner will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in this information. The post owner will not be accountable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the exposure to, or usage of this information. Headaches, heart failure, blood clots, anal leakage, or aches and pains, are not known side effects of this information. However, if any medical condition presents, persons should consult a medical professional.

Last edited:
Just made the mistake of going to the freo board, jesus.. didn't realise we had such a bad rap with them. I actually quite like Fremantle :eek: ..
Also on their write-up, they have said our supporters spat on our players last year? I do remember the video of one or two 'fans' being vile and screaming at the players walking off the field, but wasnt it richmond supporters who spat on their players like 20 years ago?? Or am I mistaken..
You've had the wood on us even when you guys were no good ... Wouldn't take it personally, we (like everyone else) don't really like sides that beat us

Looking forward to this game, think it'll be a great test for us and chance to see where we're at. Neither sides had a tough draw so far and will be good to see how we go against a good side.

Pearce will get McKay, he's far too big for the others. I know a lot of you are thinking Draper gets Curnow, but really I don't think there's a chance in hell JL would throw him to the wolves like that. Curnow would kick 10+ on him I rekon. Drapers had a great start but his strengths are composure and what he does with the ball, he's managed to avoid being in many 1-on-1 contests.
Didn't Ryan keep Curnow goalless last year? That matchup makes a lot more sense from our end.

Don't think it'll matter too much, your forwards will be too much unless our midfield can really get on top and save them from 1-on-1s.

Didn't Ryan keep Curnow goalless last year? That matchup makes a lot more sense from our end.

Charlie kicked 2 on him last year. TBF was a 9 goal loss for you so 2 is a great job.

Charlie kicked 2 on him in 2022. Better performance in comparison by Charlie that game in a 6 goal loss.

So pencil him in for two on Saturday.

Always a question mark how much McKay will get and his overall performance isn't necessarily dictated by how heavily he hits the scoreboard in his dual role. If he can hold his own when he lets TDK rest against Jackson and is a presence when forward it won't always matter how many he kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brennan cox will be a bad out for them against us.
Hopefully our big 2 are a handful for Pearce - he was really influential last week.
Happy Darcy is out..
midfield could be interesting, serong looks amazing for them.

Durdin sub from the looks, think cottrell is a role player so subbing him doesn’t make sense at this stage. Owies kicks enough goals to get a start.

Freo have played Brissy, Nth and crows, 2 at home and Nth away not much to be taken from that form line.

Yes we have played both Brissy and Nth too but at the Gabba is much more of a challenge and Brissy played their best footy of the year in the first half against us.

Nth challenged Freo much more than us but was a Vic game so probably still a good win for them but we were never troubled in that game completely shutting out Nths “norfball” TM something that Freo didn’t do.

We have seen the crows form this year it is putrid so an easy win for Freo there.

Richmond are much harder team to play against but they had some terrible in game injuries but that can often galvanise a team too.

So overall tldr, we are better and going to beat em!!!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All information obtained from official club websites.*

By Games

View attachment 1949880

By Age

View attachment 1949956

By Height

View attachment 1949895

*This is a personal post. Any views and opinions in this post are personal and belong only to the post owner. They do not represent opinions of people, institutions or organisations that the post owner may or may not be associated with in a professional or personal capacity unless explicitly stated. Any similarity with other posts, either living or dead, are coincidental. All available content in this post is only for informational purposes. The owner of this post does not make representations as to the authenticity or fullness of any information. The post owner will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in this information. The post owner will not be accountable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the exposure to, or usage of this information. Headaches, heart failure, blood clots, anal leakage, or aches and pains, are not known side effects of this information. However, if any medical condition presents, persons should consult a medical professional.
Not the first time I’ve read ‘anal leakage’ in a disclaimer.

Makes no difference.

You’ll find there’s a clear causative connection between misstating a KPF’s height by 3cm and gastrointestinal disorders.

You’ll be hearing from my solicitors in due course.

Bugger.

David King has tipped us to win easily, that we will "flex" against Freo.

Freo by 3-4 goals now.

David King also tipped Voss to turn things around when we were fourth last (or whatever it was) last season when no one else did

David King: “I think the biggest statement that will be made this weekend is Carlton, I think Carlton are going to flex against the Dockers & a flex doesn't necessarily mean by 30 goals it's just being true to themselves.

They're a different team, I put some numbers up the other day.. they've got the assets to mix it [with the best teams], they're not winning on clearance anymore they're winning on ball movement, that's a much better profile than they've ever had.

I think Carlton have got assets we're not talking about, they've got four half back flankers who can kick the lights out of the thing it's amazing.”

[SEN Breakfast]

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Then when you consider the kicking prowess of Gov and Weiters, that's a hell of an advantage.

David King also tipped Voss to turn things around when we were fourth last (or whatever it was) last season when no one else did

David King: “I think the biggest statement that will be made this weekend is Carlton, I think Carlton are going to flex against the Dockers & a flex doesn't necessarily mean by 30 goals it's just being true to themselves.

They're a different team, I put some numbers up the other day.. they've got the assets to mix it [with the best teams], they're not winning on clearance anymore they're winning on ball movement, that's a much better profile than they've ever had.

I think Carlton have got assets we're not talking about, they've got four half back flankers who can kick the lights out of the thing it's amazing.”

[SEN Breakfast]

Credit to @UpTheBaggers on X for transcribing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd say more than 4

McGovern, Boyd, Newman, Williams , Saad, Weitering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back