Review Rnd 3: Gold Coast vs Essendon @ Metricon.

Remove this Banner Ad

been alright in the reserves, emergency this week so could be back next week depending on form/injuries.

I think that's the thing. He's just been going 'alright' in the 2s for the moment. Was a bit fumbly last week. Can hopefully turn it up and get back a spot soon. :thumbsu:

Completely overlooked the Stanley ommission. Could be an attitude thing as on ability he is in our top 10 players.

His initial club suspension was 4 weeks but he complained to the AFLPA to reduce it to 2. That could well have annoyed the club and issues lead from there.

Day an interesting inclusion, could be ok as he wont cop the best defender with 1 of Bock/Lynch likely to be up there with him.

Day an interesting inclusion, could be ok as he wont cop the best defender with 1 of Bock/Lynch likely to be up there with him.
I think that won't matter too much. Pears is comfortably more experienced than Lynch, and Carlisle the same with Day, and Fletcher would easily account for Fraser

I look forward to seeing Caddy for you lot

I predict Dons by 10+ goals. Quite a few changes to both sides but doesn't alter the fact Bombers are in good form and we are playing worse than the latter stages of last season.

havent seen the forecast for this afternoon, but it looks like it could be a bit of wet weather footy tonight. cloudy skies all around, looking like rain could be on the cards.

Don't think it will be wet --cool with showers I'd say
I'm more optimistic than I was last week simply because of Bocky's inclusion
Unfortunately as each week passes I don't think we were lucky enough to get a quality power forward out of young crop...envious glance at GWS and Jeremy Cameron
We will have to "make do" unless we can snaffle a forward for 2013
On that, I think it's interesting that Maysie was apparently recruited on the back of a 7 goal effort as a schoolboy playing for Melbourne Grammar...and gets plenty of chances..albeit now as a back
Dicko pings 9 in the NEAFL and can't swing a hairy testicle into the team bus.
The vagaries of Sporting Clubs
(I guess I got plenty of games because my Dad and brother were guns.)
We match up better against Essendon than St Kilda I think
Their up and comers can have "off-games", so, if we can shake the first quarter Metricon monkey and get off to a good start I think we will be more competitive
That might still equate to 8-10 goals, but late blowouts are different to being roadkill at half time and the opposition coasting in.

Wow! We're seriously in this!

We're actually hard at the contest for the first time this year. Clearances also up. This is back to our game-style from late last year. Still some fumbling, but improved considerably over the first two rounds.

If they continue like this, we're in with a real shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go the Suns!!!

Stick it up the red and black scum!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rnd 3: Gold Coast vs Essendon @ Metricon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back