Review Rnd 3: Gold Coast vs Essendon @ Metricon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good effort.

You had them shitting their pants for much of that match.

Replace Fraser in the forward line with someone that can hold a few marks, find a key defender to allow Brennan to move further up the ground, and you will be well on your way.

Massive improvement. They put in 100% tonight. I don't think anyone can question their effort.

G. Ablett - 3 votes.

Great respect shown from the suns to Fletch there with the line up cheer off.:thumbsu:

We may have escaped with the points, but you guys were fantastic, and will be able to run these sort of games out in no time.

Just back from Metricon
Ran out of legs in the last quarter

Just a footnote ...umpires 5 and 10..you were disgraceful..and the worse you were the worse you got.

And to Seb Tape...great game

Umps were terrible. Gifted us a lot of unnecessary frees.
Great signs by you guys though.
Going to upset a few teams this year no doubt.

It's one of those things you live with as a new club with young players
It seems the 50:50's don't ever fall our way
But we have to be happy with the effort
Great to see contested ball
I hope the guys now know what intensity is needed every week to become a top flight team and beat established clubs

About to hit the hay, mainly to cool down. Umpires were a ****ing disgrace tonight, I'm glad everyone else thought so on the gameday thread on the main board. The 3 main ones should NOT umpire next week. So pissed off. Good on fletcher for reaching 350 games, but the umpires shouldn't be influenced by milestones, it's pathetic.

Will watch the game again in the morning, so I'll reserve my player and overall judgements until then. Two things are for certain though; Ablett is unbelievable, and Hunt was close to second-best on ground for us tonight.

Ablett is unbelievable, and Hunt was close to second-best on ground for us tonight.

Exxy,, Special's starting to learn that GAJ will lead him to the ball and he was really using his strength to create space for his team-mates
Wouldn't be surprised if we had a major down next week..but just loved the intensity tonight
It felt like we were watching a real footy team for the first time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exxy,, Special's starting to learn that GAJ will lead him to the ball and he was really using his strength to create space for his team-mates
Wouldn't be surprised if we had a major down next week..but just loved the intensity tonight
It felt like we were watching a real footy team for the first time

feels-good-man_13003993894.jpg

Got to agree with everyone gripes about the umpiring, I wasn't so sure if I was just bitter about losing one we should of won but now after seeing the posts on here and on facebook it's quite obvious that my first instinct was right about the quality of officiating.

I'm still kind of green when it comes to knowing what's good when it comes to how someone plays and some of the rules (Makes it harder when the Refs/Umps are very hot and cold when it comes to enforcing some of them) and biased opposition fans don't help either. Ablett of course is a superstar and Hunt played one of his better games and his err... Hip Check? Hit looked pretty clean to me and was awesome.

I'm just hoping that this makes some of our more "Want results now" fans lay off of Bluey's back for a bit, Getting rid of him before he's even had a chance to get things going is stupid, Suns fans should know from day 1 that we aren't going to be in the finals until another good 5-7 years.

That said, Sitting in the middle of a section of mostly Bombers fans while we were up going into the 4th was maybe one of the best feelings i've had in my short time as a part time AFL fan, Shouldn't probably get tickets in that section next time we play one of the Victorian teams, I might get lynched one of these nights the way the Suns are playing. :thumbsu:

About to hit the hay, mainly to cool down. Umpires were a ****ing disgrace tonight, I'm glad everyone else thought so on the gameday thread on the main board. The 3 main ones should NOT umpire next week. So pissed off. Good on fletcher for reaching 350 games, but the umpires shouldn't be influenced by milestones, it's pathetic.

Will watch the game again in the morning, so I'll reserve my player and overall judgements until then. Two things are for certain though; Ablett is unbelievable, and Hunt was close to second-best on ground for us tonight.

Thought the umpiring was abysmal. It is a contact sport.. and I think the umpires umpire as if it is soccer or volleyball or something and as soon as there is physical contact - free kick. One of them was given because a Gold Coast player contested a ball from another angle. Some of the ones given in the last quarter were beyond dubious and without a doubt had a role in Essendon's win.

Saying that, Jared Brennan needs to be a bit more disciplined in his actions...and gave away a lot of unnecessary frees for incidental contact in the first 3 quarters. Josh Caddy was impressive and Harbrow was good in bits. Like that McKenzie reverse torp on the run. How difficult is that to do?

Terrific game Suns:thumbsu: Your boys really did play like men last night and it was great to see. I think Bluey needed to back the change of putting Lynch forward a lot earlier though. He was dog tired and ended up costing you guys a few goals. Personally would of gone Bock back and him forward.

Still great viewing and hope you fellas can pinch one sooner rather than later :)

Hunt was even better after watching the replay with BT screaming his name with enthusiasm every time he went near it haha.

Thought Tape was really really good last night! Really pleased for him.

Wow, I could not believe I was watching the same team! Guys like Fraser and Bock made a big difference and all the other guys standing up to the plate just complimented that.

Big Zac Smith had his best game of the year, Lynch actually looks pretty good when down back and our attack on the Bomber players when they had the ball was superb.

The other thing I noticed was us slowing the play down, this was a great sign. Our disposals were also hitting targets, all of a sudden it looks like we may have discovered our niche style...

Will be interesting to see how we go against the hapless Lions next week.

Oh, BTW: Hunt!!!!! We have seen signs of this all year, particularly the first game this season. Spectacular in tight!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rnd 3: Gold Coast vs Essendon @ Metricon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back