Rnd 4 - Geelong v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

demon_69

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2002
Melton
Other Teams
Melbourne
Where do you think the game will be won/lost.

Based on previous form there and a gut feeling i dont feel to confident, but the way geelong are playing we should still win, losing there in the past or not.

Good Luck Dees :)

I think the Demons should win, but its been a while since they won in Geelong and Geelong should be fired up.....so it makes for a difficult decision.

Geelong by 8 points.

I just hope its not like the Bullies game on Sunday and the Geelong boys fire up a bit....couldn't stand another boring *practice* game.;)

Originally posted by Ms.Storm
I think the Demons should win, but its been a while since they won in Geelong and Geelong should be fired up.....so it makes for a difficult decision.

Geelong by 8 points.

I just hope its not like the Bullies game on Sunday and the Geelong boys fire up a bit....couldn't stand another boring *practice* game.;)

I couldnt give a ***** how we win, as long as we win... i wouldnt care if it was 0.1 (1) to 0.0 (0).. as long as we take the 4 points.

Originally posted by Somefella
I couldnt give a ***** how we win, as long as we win... i wouldnt care if it was 0.1 (1) to 0.0 (0).. as long as we take the 4 points.

If the scoreline was how you suggest above, its more like soccer, not afl.......

Well I am afraid I prefer a contest in football...but each to their own.........you know you respect other people's opinions too:)

Ms Storm, I agree with you that close, good encounters are the best kind of game to watch...

but when it comes to the Dee's I'm never happy unless we are at least 10 goals clear! I don't care what standard the game is to watch as long as we win. Sad I know!

Originally posted by BT
We're always a 50/50 proposition. We put in some great performances on our travels last year, but we haven't won at Kardinia/Shell/Baytec/Skilled since 88!

I don't think the venue or the weather or even the opposition matters that much. If we play well we'll win.

The last time you guys beat us down at Geelong was the first time my Dad took me to Geelong for a game, way back in 1988.

To say Geelong will be desperate in this game is an understatement... we simply can't afford to lose to Melbourne, as 0-4 would surely be the end of our finals hopes for this year.

Anyone here going down to the Cattery for the game on Saturday??

Good luck guys, hope it's a good game. :)

Originally posted by ScouseCat
The last time you guys beat us down at Geelong was the first time my Dad took me to Geelong for a game, way back in 1988.

To say Geelong will be desperate in this game is an understatement... we simply can't afford to lose to Melbourne, as 0-4 would surely be the end of our finals hopes for this year.

What a nice bloke.

Being 0-4 isn't the end to your finals campaign.... 11 wins got into the finals last year... so you would need to win 11 of your next 18 to get in... which isn't too bad.

After the saints in round 5... you have a tough run... Brissy at Kardinia, WC at Subi, and Sydney in Sydney.

It's too early in the season to judge a team.. you could have won last week but you were tired.... Hopefully you get tired early this week and we win... but I do like the cats and I'd have them in the finals above any other team in the comp.

Yep, I'm making the trip - my first time to the Cattery.

Good luck to you too - think it will be a good game, but as long as one of our forwards fires up I think we will be too strong.

To say Geelong will be desperate in this game is an understatement... we simply can't afford to lose to Melbourne, as 0-4 would surely be the end of our finals hopes for this year

I'm planning on making the trip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad luck Demons fans, it certainly was an arm wrestle for the first 3 quarters and from what I saw, you guys have the talent to make the finals, it's just a matter of consistency.

What do you guys think of the comment that you are too one-dimensional when going forward?? David Neitz was well beaten today by Matthew Scarlett, and instead of kicking to another target, the Demons kept kicking to Neitz and the scoring dried up.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, excluding the return match at the MCG of course!! :)

Bad luck Demons fans, it certainly was an arm wrestle for the first 3 quarters and from what I saw, you guys have the talent to make the finals, it's just a matter of consistency.

What do you guys think of the comment that you are too one-dimensional when going forward?? David Neitz was well beaten today by Matthew Scarlett, and instead of kicking to another target, the Demons kept kicking to Neitz and the scoring dried up.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, excluding the return match at the MCG of course!! :)
I wouldn't say we went forward one-dimentionally, but then I wouldn't say we really went forward in the last half, a truly pathetic display.

Originally posted by JUBJUB
Please explain the amatuer facilities.

The rooms. I've seen them before, they are second rate.

At the Cattery

I also took the trip down to 'Skilled Stadium' and I agree that the facilities were very sub-standard.
While its great to go to a traditional 'country' ground...for AFL....a few improvements need to be made.

1. ticket prices....very high for standing room only tickets...

2. Scoreboard...there were only two small (score-only) scoreboards that were hard to read.

3. Seating arrangements....the MFC cheersquad was at one end while other seated members sat in the forward pocket at the other end. Standing melbourne fans were stuck a fair way back. ddnt' away fans used to get the centre wing down there?

Melbourne's pitiful last quarter made the day alot worse though.

Re: At the Cattery

Originally posted by No_short_kicks

1. ticket prices....very high for standing room only tickets...

You don't pay for standing room.You pay for ground entry,as you do at all grounds,then you can stand anywhere in the 'Standing Room' area.
3. Standing melbourne fans were stuck a fair way back. ddnt' away fans used to get the centre wing down there?

Its first in best dressed for the standing room.There's no set spots for certain groups.

Re: At the Cattery

Originally posted by No_short_kicks
2. Scoreboard...there were only two small (score-only) scoreboards that were hard to read.

If you stood, which by the sounds of things you did, then reading the scoreboard should be no problem at all. I've sat across the other side of the ground and have had no trouble reading the score, so I don't know what your complaining about.

Re: Re: At the Cattery

Originally posted by Catman
If you stood, which by the sounds of things you did, then reading the scoreboard should be no problem at all. I've sat across the other side of the ground and have had no trouble reading the score, so I don't know what your complaining about.

An Electronic one maybe? I mean, I felt like I should have been watching Newtown vs. Lara or something on the weekend the way things are at Skilled.

With the seating - it costs 10 bucks for a seat at the G, a small fortune at Skilled. We had this argument last year, and you guys had no answers then. Nothings changed at Skilled - it's far below par.

Originally posted by Deestroy
I wouldn't say we went forward one-dimentionally, but then I wouldn't say we really went forward in the last half, a truly pathetic display.

I have seen Melbourne in both losses so far this season and on both occasions, the defence has worked out that Melbourne go for David Neitz on most occasions. This is fine when Neitz is getting the ball and kicking goals, but when he is getting beaten like he did against Scarlett and Fletcher, Melbourne's scoring dries up.

I have seen Melbourne in both losses so far this season and on both occasions, the defence has worked out that Melbourne go for David Neitz on most occasions. This is fine when Neitz is getting the ball and kicking goals, but when he is getting beaten like he did against Scarlett and Fletcher, Melbourne's scoring dries up.
It's all good and well to say that was the problem, but the fact we went inside 50 in the last quarter I counted 3 times. One was smouthered, one was to Robbo and one to Neitz thenwhat you say doesn't really hold up. When the ball was kicked to Neitz, most of the time it was bouncing off his chest, so I wouldn't say he was convincingly beaten by Scarlett either, he was beaten by himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rnd 4 - Geelong v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back