Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Who were your 5 best players in Round 8 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why I came up with my rule suggestion...

Carl v NM

Carl DE% = 65%
Umpire efficiency = 79% (average)

Umpire > Carl = Not allowed to bag umpiring.

Simple and effective...

Umpiring not affected by the rain though so you'd have to write in an allowance for that.

Call it what you like thylacine60 and defend it all you like Bluesome and ridicule me all you like people but I don’t believe I ever walked away from watching a replay, knowing the result of a game, and being so enraged.
For instance same offences within 3 to 5 minutes of each, ie. deliberate out of bounce - being adjudicated differently by the same umpire against us on both occasions.

I refuse to defend these guys when they are so blatant incompetent or even biased against teams. As I said, I know some ex-players - who love to tell stories of umpires growing an ego just to prove a point in games, a journalist and an ex-umpire, so I can back up my beliefs.

End of a rant. I’m going to bring my blood pressure back down for tomorrow’s game now....

Nobody is tackling the umpires when they're trying to make a decision
just 40,000 idiots baying for their blood..........no pressure............

Not often (not even once) this year

Mate if you want to watch the games and let the umpires dictate your enjoyment of it, or want to use them as scapegoats as to why we lose or have a bad game, fine...

I can tell you though once you let go of that notion you will have a much better game day experience...

Without the umpires there is no game, and if you go through life hoping the umpiring will get to a level where you agree with all (or even most) of their decisions then I fear you're on a fool's errand...

Mate if you want to watch the games and let the umpires dictate your enjoyment of it, or want to use them as scapegoats as to why we lose or have a bad game, fine...

I can tell you though once you let go of that notion you will have a much better game day experience...

Without the umpires there is no game, and if you go through life hoping the umpiring will get to a level where you agree with all (or even most) of their decisions then I fear you're on a fool's errand...

They had a shocker on Saturday, and it's silly to say they should not be more accurate in their calls than players should be in their physical skills.

Just as it is silly to say that there are 40000 idiots baying for their blood when most games this year have been played without any crowds at all.

Wow - just read that NM have dropped Brown and Polec.
Brown I can understand, he has been rubbish this season (although this week it was revealed he had a pretty traumatic event in his personal life which would no doubt contribute to him being off his game). But apart from being soundly beaten by Cripps in the first quarter - in a role very foreign to him - I thought Polec played quite well for the remaining 3 quarters. Surprised he has been dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown I can understand, he has been rubbish this season (although this week it was revealed he had a pretty traumatic event in his personal life which would no doubt contribute to him being off his game). But apart from being soundly beaten by Cripps in the first quarter - in a role very foreign to him - I thought Polec played quite well for the remaining 3 quarters. Surprised he has been dropped.

Wow!
One of the coaches gave Polec 4 votes (2nd best on ground). Not that I would have, but still.
Did he get on the beers during the week or something?

Wow!
One of the coaches gave Polec 4 votes (2nd best on ground). Not that I would have, but still.
Did he get on the beers during the week or something?

Must have been Teague. And Shaw gave Murphy 5 votes. But Polec had 16 contested possessions and actually deserved some votes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think NM are assuming Adelaide at home will be an easy win, so saving Brown (who may be an emotional wreck) and Polec for the next game in 4 days time (5 August Vs Cats).

I think NM are assuming Adelaide at home will be an easy win, so saving Brown (who may be an emotional wreck) and Polec for the next game in 4 days time (5 August Vs Cats).
I'd have gone the other way, best team against Adelaide for the win. Play the percentage.

Unless tanking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Back