Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Who were your 5 best players in Round 8 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good effort in the end without McKay and McGovern.

Similar issues against Essendon where we were the better team but couldn't convert our F50 entries.
Not surprising when on top of those 2, Curnow & JSOS are injured. I think we win a lot easier if we had McKay today.

Anyway, a win is a win and let's enjoy being 4-4 and in the finals hunt.

Moore will never play for us again.

Mitch will miss with a string.

Hopefully H back.

TDK MUST come in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Beat me to it.
Would love to see H back and TDK to be given his chance.
Moore cannot play again next week. He was a liability

• Thank f***
  • We played bad bad after quarter time, but North was always going to be tough as we suspected all through the week
  • We must of sacrificed an umpire's cat to the devil during the COVID break.
  • Moore did nudda.
  • Every great thing Newnes does he does something equally putrid.
  • Our captains are struggling big time!
  • IF we play finals I hope Murphy puts his body on the line more and tackles with more intent - need him to lead.
  • Simmo can go around next year (at least for depth)

Last edited by a moderator:

A win is a win - particularly this year. We were the better team all day but geez the key forwards were an utter shambles.

Unfortunately Moore was just so far off the pace as both forward and ruck it threw everything out of whack. Losing McGovern compounded the issue and we just went back to bombing it long.

And yet - across the midfield and high forwards some really pleasing signs.Kennedy, Setterfield, Walsh, Newnes - all really good, nearly 100 disposals and 5 goals between them.

So glad to get a win. So nervous all week about this one. Hate North. Don't get to too many live games but have been to the last two North games at Etihad. Both times we weren't able to get there until nearly quarter time .....and both time we were already 7 goals down.

I know it was ugly but I'll take the win. Whilst upset wins against Geelong are good we need to be winning these games !!

That was ugly.

Pittonet did well against Goldstein.

Every game we win without Cripps dominating is a sign of midfield depth improving (Setterfield and Kennedy solid again)

Moore was average, but if McGovern is inured he’ll play again.

really need a Dow or Stocker to come in to the midfield to give us some explosiveness. Might not be a popular opinion, but Brad Crouch would fit our stoppage set ups beautiful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think we learnt a bit how to to win it in the last couple of minutes, based on last week. Thought we looked far more composed in the last couple of minutes, crappy umpiring aside, I thought we were much better set up. Much better from Kennedy and gee Setterfield is gonna be awesome for us. If we had of kicked straight would have been over early in the last, but we’ll done Blues.

I agree.
Martin should have kicked that goal from the 100m penalty

With the umps, I wonder how much of it is because crowd/players start making noise/complaining, umps don't want to be seen/feel to be influenced by it, so they unconsciously apply a stricter interpretation to the team getting hard done by and a softer interpretation to the other, and the effect snowballs somewhat.

I actually think we learnt a bit how to to win it in the last couple of minutes, based on last week. Thought we looked far more composed in the last couple of minutes, crappy umpiring aside, I thought we were much better set up. Much better from Kennedy and gee Setterfield is gonna be awesome for us. If we had of kicked straight would have been over early in the last, but we’ll done Blues.
Was thinking this too, even with the rain pouring which thankfully we used to our advantage and did sensible little taps here and there rather than trying to handle the thing in close.

What a ****ing disgrace!

Umpires, completely ****ed! anyone who defends them after that is cooked or blind or on the take.

Murphy, 3 or 4 games this year that weak effort has led to a game changing momentum swing. If you don't believe me go look it up on kayo.

The coaching is ****ed, the way we switched off for halls goal is a disgrace. Teagues presser before the game is damning in my opinion. (he doesn't talk to them or motivate them before the game) and ( I didn't do any work on the last minute scenario during the week)

I would say if we had a good coach we would be 6 and 2 maybe even 7 and 1.

Some examples:
leaving jones on charlie dixon last week
our structure in the forward line
repeating the same mistakes over and over again
admitting he doesn't give them a pump up before the game
not working on a glaring mistake that cost us the week earlier

I can find at least 10 more but i'm too angry to write them all down now.

I am one for sticking with coaches but he better learn quick

That was ugly.

Pittonet did well against Goldstein.

Every game we win without Cripps dominating is a sign of midfield depth improving (Setterfield and Kennedy solid again)

Moore was average, but if McGovern is inured he’ll play again.

really need a Dow or Stocker to come in to the midfield to give us some explosiveness. Might not be a popular opinion, but Brad Crouch would fit our stoppage set ups beautiful.
And you were going so well.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rnd 8 Blues get the 4 points but .... yuck

Back