William6

Team Captain
Apr 11, 2011
Thomo
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
NAPOLI
What happened to it, why did it stop? It randomly occured to me just now, damn i miss it, i wish the AFL brought it back, back in the day it would really G me up

We were in Adelaide Round 23 and they had their 19th man metre after every goal...I thought it was overdone.

I think the Roar Metre may have had its time. We make enough noise without it.

I thought they had something like that going on. Good idea for the kids but its a little bit lame for the olds.

I thought they had something like that going on. Good idea for the kids but its a little bit lame for the olds.

It is the way footy is going - entertainment for the kids - and we as a club need to foster that.

Did anyone see this year outside the G we had a Budget rental van with a speaker on top with a Tiger roar playing over and over again?

Cringeworthy, just like the old roar meter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were in Adelaide Round 23 and they had their 19th man metre after every goal...I thought it was overdone.

The 19th man metre at AAMI this year was embarrassing.
And the roar metre was just as embarrassing. Please don't ever bring it back.

That's in addition to before every quarter, and a Larry Emdur acolyte whipping everyone up until the ball is bounced. It was pretty funny, really.

Storm Man has more cred

That's in addition to before every quarter, and a Larry Emdur acolyte whipping everyone up until the ball is bounced. It was pretty funny, really.

Storm Man has more cred
Don't diss Storm Man:(

It was pretty bad - but the worst had to be when the Bulldogs encouraged their fans to go 'Woof, woof,woof' after a goal. Might have been mid-90s?

Actually, the roar meter was probably as bad.
If they had just gone off the crowd roar when the goal went through rather than making us all go for a second one (if memory serves me correctly?) then it wouldn't have been so awful.

Don't recall the Dogs one but sounds really awful.

Agree with Tugg, don't diss Storm Man :(

The day they got rid of the Roar Meter, the PlayStation challenge at halftime and the day when I was too old to play in the Little League was the day my childhood ended.
That dark, sad cloud hangs over me to this very day.

What about an updated Roar Meter...

Everyone makes noise, hits the required level and is rewarded with footage of Scotty Turner knocking O'Donnell the **** out. Or just a photo of Paul Broderick, or video of the game where they introduced Tiger Stripes Dyer as the new mascot and his first act was to trip up on the banner he ran through.
Hell even just show Joel Bowden rushing 4 or 5 behinds that time to win us that game.

I'd make noise for that....

Remove this Banner Ad

roar meter at the MCG?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back