Media ROBMEDIA LETS CELEBRATE 15 GAMES FOR THE OPHIDIAN OLD BOYS

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the opposite of what you are suggesting would be of greater benefit if the goal is the long-term retention of and engagement of rookies. What the weaker teams would benefit from more is having people with a bit of experience behind them cross to their clubs. I doubt that rookies make a weak club strong.

SaintBilly is a Returning Poster

That is a bit different

SaintBilly is a Returning Poster

That is a bit different
ok but I wasn't talking about a specific poster, I thought Senor's post to be referring to rookies generally, apologies if i misunderstood it then

I think the opposite of what you are suggesting would be of greater benefit if the goal is the long-term retention of and engagement of rookies. What the weaker teams would benefit from more is having people with a bit of experience behind them cross to their clubs. I doubt that rookies make a weak club strong.

SaintBilly is a returning player. Plus anyone who is signing up to the Sign up thread mid season without a club of choice is clearly already interested in Sweet.

My criticism more lies in the fact that the OOB’s didn’t bother to recruit rookies in the off-season (because they were already strong), yet they are stalking the sign up thread. That’s lazy recruiting IMO.

SaintBilly is a returning player. Plus anyone who is signing up to the Sign up thread mid season without a club of choice is clearly already interested in Sweet.

My criticism more lies in the fact that the OOB’s didn’t bother to recruit rookies in the off-season (because they were already strong), yet they are stalking the sign up thread. That’s lazy recruiting IMO.
They didn’t ”need” to because they keep taking established players from other clubs.

Weakening the SFA, one season at a time.

Okay in that case if a returning player came back with no club in mind I'd be pushing them to the weaker clubs too.

They didn’t ”need” to because they keep taking established players from other clubs.

Weakening the SFA, one season at a time.

I think their boasting that "no one from the SOBs will ever be ban hammered" took a bit of a beating recently - fancy being a bunch of button mashers and having a masher banned...

My favourite memory of the Ophidian old boys would be how the club’s creation is hands down the worst SFA team name to ever exist. Makes the Geelong Wolves look like a good move.
This means I’ve played for the trans with the worst names - the East Side Phoenix and the Ophidian Old Boys.

I honestly don’t understand the league’s fixation on the team names. It’s been going on for ages and honestly it’s lazy.

In the immortal words of Don Henley, Get over it!!!

(sorry Hoos i know you “hate the ****en eagles maaaaaan”)

Also Ligs has been trying to recruit me ever since I came back to werewolf. So no she’s not “grooming” anyone.

you monstered it today Robertio with a huge DT score of 122

it seems making you run through a wooden board milestone banner gets result,
I have now organised the seasons supply of milestone banners for you to run through to celebrate your 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 etc games

1676183080536.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you monstered it today Robertio with a huge DT score of 122

it seems making you run through a wooden board milestone banner gets result,
I have now organised the seasons supply of milestone banners for you to run through to celebrate your 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 etc games

View attachment 1605521
Wasn't the banner mate, it was the extra hour we spent sampling the delights of Spotswoods Guinness Bar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media ROBMEDIA LETS CELEBRATE 15 GAMES FOR THE OPHIDIAN OLD BOYS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back