Rocca is back - officially

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting decision... not sure what to think. I just really hope he goes out there and makes an impact

If he was ever going to play then this is the role I hoped he would play.

Rocca will probably play 70% game time, 50% up forward as the 3rd tall and 20% in the ruck.

Wood has been dropped so Fraser will do 80% of the ruck.

As a permanent forward for 80-90% of the game Rocca would become a liability.

that makes my multi bet that much easier, the sainters will give the pies a touch up this weekend. now before all you pies cry foul over my post, just copy it and if i am incorrect start the harassment, but i am positive they will smash you.

Does he have that in him? I haven't seen any of his VFL games, but the last 18 months don't fill me with a lot of hope

Yeah over the last 2 weeks Rocca has done some relief ruck work in the VFL. At least around the ground he will be able to hold his own 1-on-1 against King or Gardiner.

Rocca will probably play 70% game time, 50% up forward as the 3rd tall and 20% in the ruck.

Rocca will ruck only if it is in 20 metres from goals and he is in the forward line. Leigh Brown is in, he will ruck when Fraser gets a break.

he is gonna be a liability, no fitness, cant ruck for shit, defenders such as fisher, gilbert, dawson will be able to run off him. He was woeful last time we played them, he also has done nothing in the VFL either, also dropping wood is confusing, considering the raps that he was getting only a few weeks ago

he is gonna be a liability, no fitness, cant ruck for shit, defenders such as fisher, gilbert, dawson will be able to run off him. He was woeful last time we played them, he also has done nothing in the VFL either, also dropping wood is confusing, considering the raps that he was getting only a few weeks ago

Both Wood and Fraser have played their best when they have been the only ruckman playing 80-85% of game time.

Last week they were shocking together against Minson and Everitt.

The problem is you are fielding 4 talls who are prone to being semi-usless at times. Rocca, Leigh Brown, Fraser and Cloke.

This has all the makings of a repeat of round 7 when Fraser had 13 hitouts, Leigh Brown had 12 and Saints had 28 to Gardiner and 15 to McEvoy, the only real difference is King is in for McEvoy and he is a better ruckman.

With Ball, Hayes and Dal Santo in the middle it is not good to give them first use of the ball, really, Collingwood is rolling the dice that Fraser isn't going to stink, again.

I just don't see how you can play Rocca in the same side as Cloke, these guys play the same position, I know you want to stretch the Saints defence, it is a good idea in theory but your talls are immobile talls, these are guys who are not going to cope well with rebound out of your forward 50. If the ball hits the ground too much I think the Pies will struggle, badly.

The only real blessing is the Saints aren't anywhere near round 7 form, but I think they are fielding a very strong side save for the absence of Hudgton, he is an emergency, wouldn't be surprised to see him named if fit with Rocca coming into the side, they can afford to put in a half fit Hudgton to play on a half fit Rocca.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its to stop the running backs ie : Goddard ,Gilbert and co from running up too high .
They may play Rocca deep and if that dont work they will move him higher to try and kick long range goals or to kick it deep so the crumbers can get it

It may well turn out to be a blunder, but to have Rocca's defensive pressure and sheer physicality back in the forward line is well worth it. Collingwood are not going to beat St.Kilda without taking risks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocca is back - officially

Remove this Banner Ad

Back