Analysis Rolling All-Australian team for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet I see people mentioning the likes of Daniel Rich and Daniel Houston ahead of him. Both very good players... but I know one thing for certain: if either of those guys played for the Hawks, there's no way either of them would be in the conversation for All Australian team.
Houston is one of the best kicks in the comp. In a team contending, that's how it works. Always has.

Watched NN quite closely on the weekend and he was quite disappointing in that regard. Great tap ruckman but looks like he CBF running.

he has always been useless around the ground aside from the odd pack mark or when he jags the odd goal. His average disposals are always around 11-12 for the year. He looks a bit heavier this year i'm assuming he has struggled to do as much work after his knee injuries. business as usual for NN really.

Most midfielders in AA contention would be the same. Not overly that impressive to be honest, it’s only 6 games. He is miles away from AA

plus only has 21 votes, Mundy number 1 has 38
Funny. I didn't even realise that Mundy played against us.

Apparently he did. 16 possessions. Walsh had 37.

As for O'Meara he is now 7th among mids in the coaches votes (6th if you exclude McCluggage, as a winger they shouldn't be competing for the same spot).
He is close but probably just outside

O'meara is a jet. Having a fantastic year so far. Was dominant in the second half yesterday. If he keeps up this form, he will be close to AA.

Still doesn’t mean Walsh will be AA, miles and miles away
No idea if he will, it's pretty difficult to snag a midfield spot as there are some awesome players running around, but if you believe he's miles away you're clueless.

No idea if he will, it's pretty difficult to snag a midfield spot as there are some awesome players running around, but if you believe he's miles away you're clueless.
There are probably 10 midfielders currently that would only need 1 or 2 BOG's in the next couple of weeks to push into the team. Walsh would be one of those

JOM is having a great season and I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise.

Because they have spent 5 years claiming we massively overpaid for a spud.

Our board has people claiming this still.

While he may not be top 10 mids, he is just outside. And if he rips Saints apart he would be in the top 10.

The idea that he is a crab is just dumb. Both coaches gave him 5 votes on the weekend. He dominated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most midfielders in AA contention would be the same. Not overly that impressive to be honest, it’s only 6 games. He is miles away from AA

plus only has 21 votes, Mundy number 1 has 38

There are 10 mids chosen. Walsh,like JOM, is not miles away. Which is pretty good for a kid who isnt getting much help.

It's hard to get an AA spot in the midfield. Almost impossible for a mid from a bottom 10 team.

Id say small/mid forward is the hardest because the selectors put the mids with the most goals there. A small/mid forward would need to kick 50 goals to be a solid chance.

Because they have spent 5 years claiming we massively overpaid for a spud.

Our board has people claiming this still.

While he may not be top 10 mids, he is just outside. And if he rips Saints apart he would be in the top 10.

The idea that he is a crab is just dumb. Both coaches gave him 5 votes on the weekend. He dominated.

Played a great game on Easter Monday too.

I reckon he’s overtaken Mitchell as your best mid. Do you agree?

For sure. But Mitchell has always been a slow and steady type and can just crank out good game after good game.

JOM is explosive and his cleances open up the game and provide a great chance to attack.

The problem is our other mids are strugglingand our forward line cant put 3 quarters together let alone 4.

If we can get 4 quarters we will finish 10th to 12th. The 15th to 18th like so many are predicting.

Yeah Mitchell is still yet to recapture that 2018 form. O'meara is jut an absolute beast around stoppages at the moment. Really hope he can maintain this level of play and have him prove it is more than just a hot stretch of form.

Here's my AA prediction. It's not who I think should be in it, but simply who I think will be. Its based on prior performance, current performance, who plays in top teams and the biases of the various selectors.

B Keath, May, Stewart
HB Short, Lever, Salem
C Treloar, Boak, McLuggage
HF Martyn, Walker, Bontempelli
F Greene, Riewoldt, Allen
R Gawn, Petracca, Macrae
Int Nic Nat, Naughton, Oliver, Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Rolling All-Australian team for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back