Roo - All Australian Captain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody Fantastic!

An inspirational leader on his worst of days, and an absolute legend on his best.

Congratulations Roo!

spindoctor said:
Jesus Christ....Tredrea, Riewoldt, Hall and Gehrig in the same forward line.

That would be ridiculous...they'd nullify each other...that's way too many key forwards.

I was thinking the same thing! I would love to see a game against another country with that forward line!

geez!!

rainmage said:
I'm chuffed, just watched it on Fox Footy and to see him standing with Tredrea was fantastic. The joke went badly though re: Ramsgate (can you blame it for going badly?).

If it was Josh Carr standing next to Roo you could understand it, but Ramsgate has been done to death....

I couldn't really picture any one else with captain experience being a captain of the all aussie team. I think the choice they made was the best one. I'm just rapped that both leaders are South Aussies!

For someone who has played all year in a team that has struggled both on-field and off-field, this is a fantastic recognition of a captain who leads by example, with unquestionable ability and heart.

Congratulations Roo on a fantastic achievement. :)

He has done well, to get named in the side is a good achievement, to be named captain is a great honor, well done!

It is a shame, well amusing to read Porthos attempt at belittling this achievement in the main board , very sad how spitfully and narrow minded some poeple can be.

dA Crow said:
He has done well, to get named in the side is a good achievement, to be named captain is a great honor, well done!

It is a shame, well amusing to read Porthos attempt at belittling this achievement in the main board , very sad how spitfully and narrow minded some poeple can be.

Pretty pathetic stuff no doubt.

I guess we are seeing just a sniff of how arrogant they will be if their team actually acheives the ultimate success.

Just reinforces my view that Port have never been hated for their players or their achievements, but because of their supporters reaction to it.

Graceless in victory and graceless in defeat. And yes its not all Port supporters and perhaps not even most, but enough to make Port loathed by many many people.

_espoir said:
I couldn't really picture any one else with captain experience being a captain of the all aussie team. I think the choice they made was the best one. I'm just rapped that both leaders are South Aussies!
Hear hear.

I said before that the leaked side had no one more deserving to be a captain than Roo. But to get both captain and VC from SA is fantastic IMHO.

Jars458 said:

I guess we are seeing just a sniff of how arrogant they will be if their team actually acheives the ultimate success.

Just reinforces my view that Port have never been hated for their players or their achievements, but because of their supporters reaction to it.

Graceless in victory and graceless in defeat. And yes its not all Port supporters and perhaps not even most, but enough to make Port loathed by many many people.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I have the utmost respect for the players and the way they play their footy but some of their supporters (select few I might add) make it impossible not to hate Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

napsyd said:
Top stuff, well deserved! A man who truly leads by example.
You're right he does lead by example........run forward of the play, get most of his possessions by running around the player who earnt it, never man up, spray your kicks, sit the ball on the leading players head.
Why are the crows struggling again? :rolleyes:

_espoir said:
Exactly, both Roo & Tredders have been fantastic leaders for their clubs, but Roo would have got the nod on captaincy experience.

dA Crow said:

Mate, you shouldn't have expected anything less. Although, I think he would still be hurting as last night the Tribunal potentially ripped the cup out of Port Adelaides grasp and gave it back to Brisbane..

Congratulations Roo - what a legend........Proud to have him as our captain.

Jars458 said:

Went to Rnd 22 Showdown last year only days after having major surgery. Had some Port moron behind me who gave me a great shove in the back when I stood up for about 1.5 seconds. Fell on top of the guy in front of me and spilt my drink on him. Turned to the guy behind me, lifted up my shirt to show my bandages and asked him if he could calm down. Proceeded to yell and swear at me, kick my seat and spit on the back of my head (could just be because of his missing teeth).

Most club have a few morons like this, but Port seem to have about 1000x more of them than anyone else, including Collingwood.

MaccasNeighbour said:
Went to Rnd 22 Showdown last year only days after having major surgery. Had some Port moron behind me who gave me a great shove in the back when I stood up for about 1.5 seconds. Fell on top of the guy in front of me and spilt my drink on him. Turned to the guy behind me, lifted up my shirt to show my bandages and asked him if he could calm down. Proceeded to yell and swear at me, kick my seat and spit on the back of my head (could just be because of his missing teeth).

Most club have a few morons like this, but Port seem to have about 1000x more of them than anyone else, including Collingwood.

Lovely......and so so couragous...

screech said:
Chad Cornes isn't a CHB's flogged arseh*le

Exactly. He is a very good attacking flanker or loose man in defence, but he leaves much to be desired as an actual CHB.

If that defence playedm against the forward line, any of Tredrea, Riewoldt or Hall would flog Cornes at CHF.

I mean Christ, Cornes has been flogged by two of the more average CHF's in the competition this season - McGregor and Perrie. So he's clearly got something wrong with the whole 'accountability' thing.

McPharlin should have got it, but injury probably stopped that. So McGregor should have got it IMO, with Cornes on a flank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roo - All Australian Captain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back