List Mgmt. Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Get over yourself Princess
You stingy piece of crap.
In every welcome thread you said the same thing "ı want more info now" and I was kind enough to give each of your silly little posts a like, yet your too much of a tight arse to even give my obviously very humourous, side splitting post a like.
I know your type. So tight you wouldn't shout if a shark bit you.
:D:):cool:

Emma Quayle is almost never wrong

Collingwood feared Essendon's interest in suspended defender Lachlan Keeffe
Date: November 27, 2015 - 2:47PM

• Emma Quayle
      Football writer with The Age

1448596028166.jpg

Collingwood's Lachie Keeffe. Photo: Getty Images

Collingwood used their first selection in Friday's rookie draft on Lachlan Keeffe because they suspected Essendon was interested in the suspended defender.

It is understood the Pies became aware in the lead-up to the national draft that the Bombers were considering Keeffe with one of their late selections, and believed they might take him as a rookie once he was overlooked.

This is despite the Bombers having a number of players still awaiting the Court of Arbitration for Sport's verdict on WADA's appeal, and facing possible suspensions.

Essendon drafted two key backs in the national draft, former Geelong player Mitch Brown as well as Michael Hartley, a former Collingwood rookie.

Keeffe and Collingwood teammate Josh Thomas accepted two-year suspensions in March, after testing positive to banned substance clenbuterol.

The Pies promised at the time to rookie-list the pair, who will become eligible to train and play again in 2017.

Thomas was the club's third pick on Friday, with the Pies also drafting 21-year-old midfielder Josh Smith, a Queenslander, and delisted Greater Western Sydney player Tim Golds.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...lan-keeffe-20151127-gl9rmk.html#ixzz3sj1cvjIe

You stingy piece of crap.
In every welcome thread you said the same thing "ı want more info now" and I was kind enough to give each of your silly little posts a like, yet your too much of a tight arse to even give my obviously very humourous, side splitting post a like.
I know your type. So tight you wouldn't shout if a shark bit you.
:D:):cool:
I was being consistent with my message.
Oh and by the way you got beaten to the post by about 5 hours.
Ouch - I liked your post, happy now:rainbow:

I think we promised to rookie them "if available", I don't recall us saying we'd use our first pick/s to select them which is consistent with us taking Josh Smith between Keeffe and Thomas.

I would have been happy to see if Keeffe and Thomas were available by our 2nd and 3rd picks... obviously there was no market for Golds anyway and Wyatt was prelisted.

I think we promised to rookie them "if available", I don't recall us saying we'd use our first pick/s to select them which is consistent with us taking Josh Smith between Keeffe and Thomas.

I would have been happy to see if Keeffe and Thomas were available by our 2nd and 3rd picks... obviously there was no market for Golds anyway and Wyatt was prelisted.
No Keefe first makes a heap more sense. Take the one that is the better fit for need and will attract more interest and then re-assess. Lachie will be the best player to come out of this rookie draft.

No Keefe first makes a heap more sense. Take the one that is the better fit for need and will attract more interest and then re-assess. Lachie will be the best player to come out of this rookie draft.
I agree on this.
Basis?
Known quantity.
6' 8" or some such height. Anyway VERY tall!
I could see us playing finals in next few years and he is an emergency type player, a bit of injury and he gets there.
Whilst he is seen more as a back who knows he could pinch hit a forward spot.
But even so back is what we know.
In big backs the order I would have them:

Reid (though I see him assisting Cloke but as a back he's our number 1 if we go that way)
Brown
Marsh ( would not surprise seeing him as being 2 next season)
Keefe (yes he can't play but this is in theory)
Frost

So for me Frost is the last placed

Nah happy to make sure Essendon or another club didnt take Keeffe. Thomas...not so much, have to let him slide as mids are more dime a dozen. Its true we promised to take them if available but that doesnt mean we promised to let other clubs have a free swing if we didnt want that to happen. All we promised is that they would be rookie listed....by somebody. Had it been a Qld club and the boys had indicated theyd like to go home I'm sure we would have accomodated. But Essendon? FFFAAAARRRKKK OOFFF

That said I'm baffled as to Essendons approach taking BOTH Hartley and Brown as well as allegedly considering Keeffe. Despite the loss of Carlisle their kpp stocks are pretty good. Its their midfield that needs a boost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back