Roos Brisbane - Worst umpiring ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. I wouldn't even rate this game as the worst umpired game for Brisbane. Last week's game was worst. Not to mention the Round 1 game vs Fremantle and the game against the Gold Coast, which on second thoughts is probably the worst umpired game i've ever seen.

Well it would seem your "fellow" Brisbane supporters may disagree with you there :thumbsu:

LOL. I wouldn't even rate this game as the worst umpired game for Brisbane. Last week's game was worst. Not to mention the Round 1 game vs Fremantle and the game against the Gold Coast, which on second thoughts is probably the worst umpired game i've ever seen.

I still feel for you on that one. So close, yet so far :(

I'm pretty shocked a Brisbane fan would rate that worse, as a neutral, than today's which saw Brisbane absolutely ****ing reamed.

At least in the Sydney game the umps tried to give a few evener-uppers to start the 4th (which helped Sydney get back into it) but today was completely North biased.
just admit it, even neutral supporters think you got gifted that game.

Umpiring was fairly ordinary both ways, both in terms of decisions and non-decisions. If it wasn't for the number of out on the fulls by Brisbane's bad kicking the overall count would have been fairly close.

Thought the exact same thing when i was watching. Cant believe the north supporters acting like it was bad both ways. It was disgustingly inconsistent how many free kicks in front of goal did they get?

Umpiring was fairly ordinary both ways, both in terms of decisions and non-decisions. If it wasn't for the number of out on the fulls by Brisbane's bad kicking the overall count would have been fairly close.

We had about 2 or 3... anyone got the official stat?

We probably got the better of it, but the poor umpiring went both ways.

Brisbane kicked 3 goals in the 2nd half. Can't blame that on the umpires.

Yeah, probably, maybe just, ever so slightly.

Minus the free-kick-goals, North probably also kicked about 3 second half goals.:thumbsdown:

Um, yes it was. Have another look with both eyes open.

**** me dead, i'm not saying the umpiring wasn't bad today. but if you think that's as bad as it's ever been then i think you're the one who needs to open both eyes or at least pay more attention to other games. need i remind you of simon black's chest pass last time we met? bet you weren't complaining then :thumbsu:

The 3 men in green embarrassed themselves today. I can honestly say that was the worst umpired game I have ever seen. We had a few bad calls/non calls against us but Brisbane were incredibly hard done by. The inconsistency in the decisions was baffling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn't about petty complaints about which team got what, it's about the integrity of the game. Tom Wills and co in the 1850's didn't bring the complexity of rule changes that have been made lately and they invented the game which has prospered and grown. The current rules are a mess, umpiring decisions are based on the personalities of the whistle blowers, not the laws of the game. Changes need to be made.

We had about 2 or 3... anyone got the official stat?

There were about 3 from shots on goal and about 5 from around the ground play. Will have to look somewhere which shows the free kick stats.

Disgraceful.

That number 18 pelican should never umpire again.

just admit it, even neutral supporters think you got gifted that game.

Just admit it, you're completely offended that you weren't gifted the rub of the green for the first time ever.

Out of interest, do you advocate we ditch the handpass in favour of a rugby style throw? It seems like you do :confused:

Thought the exact same thing when i was watching. Cant believe the north supporters acting like it was bad both ways. It was disgustingly inconsistent how many free kicks in front of goal did they get?

what does a free kick in front of goal have to do with anything? do you expect them not to pay it because it's in range?

Yes the umpiring was crap, but Brisbane Lions supporters will have to accept that you are no longer the AFL's love child and you won't be getting kid glove treatment from the AFL in the future; your players will have to earn frees and winning games off your own boots not the umpires favourable decisions.

WORST UMPIRING EVER

simpsons_comic_book_guy.jpg

Yes the umpiring was crap, but Brisbane Lions supporters will have to accept that you are no longer the AFL's love child and you won't be getting kid glove treatment from the AFL in the future; your players will have to earn frees and winning games off your own boots not the umpires favourable decisions.

They got an arm chair ride today.

Take out Simon Black, the umpiring and Norths poor kicking and they would have lost by 25 goals.

Let me paraphrase your erudite input " AFL FIXES GAMES" Is that right? Must be Freo's turn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos Brisbane - Worst umpiring ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back