Roast Roo's Comments on MMM

Remove this Banner Ad

It
Don't understand where you're going with that one, I was talking about attending AGM's and asking questions of the Club, If we won grand finals there would not be many reasons to ask questions of the club unless they are going broke.
Proves that no one is listening at the club. No other team has had the monumental failures the Crows have had. Think Tippett and boys club and the continuation of the boys club. You are continually bashing your head against a brick wall.

It

Proves that no one is listening at the club. No other team has had the monumental failures the Crows have had. Think Tippett and boys club and the continuation of the boys club. You are continually bashing your head against a brick wall.

Just for into I have on BF and other areas I push for people to attend the AGM, my reasoning is if we were to get up to 1000 members attending with people waiting outside the venue because it was full, the media would be all over it and the message to the club would loud
But no People prefer to sit at home and type.
and believe it or not a 1000 member turning up to an AGM speaking with the same voice would have sent a big message, A couple of Hundred and it business as usual.
Before that and After the Tippert fiasco, I attended and ask questions, but it was a Poor turn considering where the club was. Again I felt us Members missed the boat. We should have turned up in force, even delivering some manure to the doors. But again most were happy complaining at the pubs and on-sites like BF.

I took time off from work to go to the post-Tippett AGM. I think it was at 5 p.m. and was at the new Shed. If you were a cynic you might suggest that it was designed to minimise attendance.

When Triggy and his team of merry men entered, they were given a standing ovation by the octogenarian cheer squad. The whole meeting was an excellent example of faux inclusiveness/democracy.

I decided that staying home and flossing was a better use of my time.

Been to most AGM in the last 15 years and every time I asked a question they answered or took my info and got back to over a coffee or by phone
I have found that Every time I have asked a question of the Crows I have received a reply, it may not be the one I was after but they have replied.
Sorry, meant that there was no follow up at the meeting itself, that I remember. I must’ve dozed off during your questions. ;)

I would like Subaru to comment on how someone going or not going to the AGM translates into no premierships for 21 years and counting. It’s all b** s**

That wasn’t my point at all.
It’s the interminable incessant constant whingeing about anything associated with selection admin fitness management and now there’s even bitching about who’s on the review panel and how it should have been done months ago !

It’s pathetic

I’m hopeful that the club is going down the right track

All these posters here - I mean the first post was GAGF Roo - whinge moan bitch like a bunch of kids - but have they actually fronted Roo at an AGM?
Have they investigated a ticket to nominate for the Board ?

First to criticize but run a mile when it comes to actually fronting and contributing.
Maybe the GAGF Roo Poster could go and actually say it in person.

Roo bleeds for this club and anyone who thinks they can do better should at least front and have a crack.

Talkers .... not walkers

That wasn’t my point at all

I’m hopeful that the club is going down the right track

All these posters here - I mean the first post was GAGF Roo - whinge moan bitch like a bunch of kids - but have they actually fronted Roo at an AGM?

First to criticize but run a mile when it comes to actually fronting and contributing.
Maybe the GAGF Roo Poster could go and actually say it in person.

Roo bleeds for this club and anyone who thinks they can do better should at least front and have a crack.

Talkers .... not walkers
Just curious what do you think getting on the board will achieve?

The member elect would be the lowest ranked board member there, they aren’t going to have any influence especially against Roo, Chapman and board members who have been there for years.

Ryder was elected, noticed anything different this year?

Just for into I have on BF and other areas I push for people to attend the AGM, my reasoning is if we were to get up to 1000 members attending with people waiting outside the venue because it was full, the media would be all over it and the message to the club would loud
But no People prefer to sit at home and type.
and believe it or not a 1000 member turning up to an AGM speaking with the same voice would have sent a big message, A couple of Hundred and it business as usual.
Before that and After the Tippert fiasco, I attended and ask questions, but it was a Poor turn considering where the club was. Again I felt us Members missed the boat. We should have turned up in force, even delivering some manure to the doors. But again most were happy complaining at the pubs and on-sites like BF.

Exactly

I took time off from work to go to the post-Tippett AGM. I think it was at 5 p.m. and was at the new Shed. If you were a cynic you might suggest that it was designed to minimise attendance.

When Triggy and his team of merry men entered, they were given a standing ovation by the octogenarian cheer squad. The whole meeting was an excellent example of faux inclusiveness/democracy.

Exactly

I remember that, disgraceful. It was 💯 everything that’s wrong with our culture summed up in one round of applause

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You can’t be serious

Ticket of one?

“I propose we fix this club!”

Voted down 8-1

Until we have full voting rights that’s moronic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember that, disgraceful. It was 💯 everything that’s wrong with our culture summed up in one round of applause

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You can’t be serious

Ticket of one?

Voted down 8-1

The one member elect member we have can’t even speak to the members

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You can’t be serious

Ticket of one?

Voted down 8-1

Then find a nominee they can’t ignore and go to the AGM and agitate that.
Get Stephen ****ing Rowe - I don’t care. How is Jamo still on it?

And I mean that.
I really don’t care.
I’m not the one losing my shit over them.

The running of the club I leave up to the club.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You can’t be serious

Ticket of one?

Voted down 8-1

It's even more fundamentally stupid than that though. The suggestion is that for criticism to be valid, the criticiser must be both capable of running the football club themselves and willing to do so. It's a claim that rather than assessing the strength of a criticism or argument on its merits we should have regard only to a fallacy. Nothing but ad hominem, but even then on particularly tenuous grounds with regard to only largely irrelevant and meaningless criterion.

Is attendance at AGMs meaningful? No. There's no real voting rights. Would attending en masse send a message? I'm not convinced that it would. We don't get to control the media narrative, and it's quite probable that it would be used in support of our currently broken structures- i.e. 'see? our current club structures are inclusive. Look at all of our members turning out to participate in their club'.

I am firmly of the view that engaging with other fans is a far more meaningful action at this point in time than participating through the club structures and on the club's terms. As many differences as I have with him, what Feenix did was more meaningful than had he gone along, asked a quesiton that wouldnt have been engaged with seriously, and trundled off.

The Club seem to hold the AGM in venues cater to around 400, mainly because that the max they seem to get.
What need to happen is about 1000 members need to turn up with the same voice. the media will pick up on it.
And if no action is taken then we demand another general meeting and keep demanding general meetings until the issue is resolved.
Yes, it takes hard work but change require hard work.

Sometimes I think the Us members forget The "Consitution of the Adelaide Football Club Limited" allows the entitled members the right to call a general meeting. And under Section 249D of the Corporations Act. we can call a general meeting if we get over 5% of the members who are entitled,(basically if you are eligible to vote for the Board elect then you are classed as entitled)
Get enough to turn up and it will force change. And the media also get onboard.

Last edited:

That was the last one I attended.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good to hear Roo and Tex call 'On The Couch' out this morning on this crap about the players being given a pre-review survey to fill out. Tex categorically denied it was true and sounded pissed off at Roo that he would even watch 'On The Couch'

Tex should've been in that new SA Tourism ad instead of that dottering 'old mate' flog

Would be nice if the AFC addressed these things through official channels, instead of constantly requiring Tex to defend them.

during the Tailia interview on SEN, they said the club had denied the survey happened

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Roo's Comments on MMM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back