Roos makes first Melbourne coaching appointment

Remove this Banner Ad

WHAT!?!?! Tell me you're joking!

That's the mail - Roos is redhot on Atley and willing to pay to get him.

Typical Melbourne. Stuff up their own drafting (they picked Lucas Cook at 12 in that draft ...) then sook to the AFL and steal genuine talent off clubs prepared to develop players the hard way.

My reaction when I found out you were taking him was even better. Not widely liked by his teammates I understand. Once we've successfully de-Melbourned Jordy Gysberts, that will be one of the great trade rip offs of all time.

We could de-list Gysberts this week and still come out ahead in that trade.

My reaction when I found out you were taking him was even better. Not widely liked by his teammates I understand. Once we've successfully de-Melbourned Jordy Gysberts, that will be one of the great trade rip offs of all time.
I thought Gysberts had a great year for North. I await eagerly to see how he perfomed in the Syd Barker medal.
Very hard to decide which was his best game for the year for North.

And Allison takes Atley with him.

Jeez it annoys me no end that North re-build the hard way, no priority picks, nothing, and now Melbourne get gifted all this simply for being so up themselves and crap in 07/08/09 and believing their own bullshit.

Makes me sick.

That's a good one and I don't believe that Brad Scott has used it yet. You should email it to him.

"We don't get as many handouts as Melbourne"... could slot nicely onto his list right under "they left the roof open when it was raining".

I thought Gysberts had a great year for North. I await eagerly to see how he perfomed in the Syd Barker medal.
Very hard to decide which was his best game for the year for North.

As I said, time required to de-Melbourne him factored into the equation. You can use Benny Jacobs as a good measuring stick. As Port showed, they weren't actually that bad in the fundamental last year, hence their rise up the ladder and hence Jacobs being able to come in and play some games at North.

I know for a fact the North conditioning staff were shocked at the level Gysberts was at for someone who had been in the system for a few years.

Anyway, you must still be happy your team is tanking.

It has now delivered you Paul Roos and a giant handout from the AFL you'll use to steal actual good young players having demonstrated all too graphically you are incapable of drafting your own.

That's a good one and I don't believe that Brad Scott has used it yet. You should email it to him.

"We don't get as many handouts as Melbourne"... could slot nicely onto his list right under "they left the roof open when it was raining".

None of the Melbourne teams do.

Anyway, what's your coach got to say on the matter?

And I'd be very wary if I were a Bomber fan ... Roosy cashed up coming waving the AFLPA contract get out of jail free card ... could just tempt some of your boys too.

As I said, time required to de-Melbourne him factored into the equation. You can use Benny Jacobs as a good measuring stick. As Port showed, they weren't actually that bad in the fundamental last year, hence their rise up the ladder and hence Jacobs being able to come in and play some games at North.

I know for a fact the North conditioning staff were shocked at the level Gysberts was at for someone who had been in the system for a few years.

It has now delivered you Paul Roos and a giant handout from the AFL you'll use to steal actual good young players having demonstrated all too graphically you are incapable of drafting your own.

Eh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Typical Melbourne. Stuff up their own drafting (they picked Lucas Cook at 12 in that draft ...) then sook to the AFL and steal genuine talent off clubs prepared to develop players the hard way.

Yeah we stuffed up our drafting. We hired muppets from North in Tim Harrington as list manager and Barry Predergast as an untried recruiter to guide us through the most important recruiting in a long time from 2008 to 2012.

But I don't understand why you are upset about Allison. He's gone to join Roos, get over it. Melbourne lost Sean Wellman who went to join Hird/Thompson at one stage and it was a big blow but that's part of the game.

As for this Atley thing I think you are getting ahead of yourself. Isn't he contracted? And if not we will still have to make a trade. If we get a PP then you might be able to make a case that we are 'stealing' him. If we don't then it will be a trade based on legitimate players and picks. I woudn't get so over the top upset about a trade unlikely to even be correct. What do Atley and Allison have in common more than their name starting with A anyway.

None of the Melbourne teams do.

Anyway, what's your coach got to say on the matter?

And I'd be very wary if I were a Bomber fan ... Roosy cashed up coming waving the AFLPA contract get out of jail free card ... could just tempt some of your boys too.

Meh, it's no different, there is no "get out of jail free" card. It's just the AFLPA trying to make it look like they actually do something.

If any of our boys come to the club and say they want to leave, then the club will trade them, just like they would have last year and just like they will next year, and just like any other club would. No clubs hold onto players who don't want to be there, it's completely counter-productive.

Melbourne staff were shocked at the level Gysberts was at. That's why he was traded. 3 years at Melbourne and he hadn't made any gains in the gym or on the track.

By the way we tanked in 2009 but keep enjoying your superiority over Melbourne. One day it might help you make the 8.

If they are indeed trying to "steal genuine talent", they won't be taking Atley.

Which one of you is Damien Barrett?
Seriously get over it. You lost an assistant coach. Roos said he would be going after coaches who understood his game plan etc. This shouldn't surprise. I'm sure Allison will be adequately replaced despite the good work he was doing.

It isn't Fruity Allison going that annoys me. It is Atley.

Wo theyre replacing the melbourne old boys with the sydney ones ?

With no COLA. It could end up ugly

In 2015 Melbourne will be fined 500K for exceding the salary cap. The AFL will also sack Adelaide's coach (regardless of who that may be), give Melbourne $4M in funding, 4 priority picks and take 3 players from the Premiership side and transfer their contracts to Melbourne. Mick Malthouse, John Longmire, John Worsfold and Bomber Thompson will be added to Melbourne's coaching panel, all paid by the AFL.

Melbourne will still complain about disparities in the competition.

Meh, it's no different, there is no "get out of jail free" card. It's just the AFLPA trying to make it look like they actually do something.

If any of our boys come to the club and say they want to leave, then the club will trade them, just like they would have last year and just like they will next year, and just like any other club would. No clubs hold onto players who don't want to be there, it's completely counter-productive.

Except say, Paul Roos, who kept Ryan O'Keefe when he wanted to go.

If they are indeed trying to "steal genuine talent", they won't be taking Atley.

I thought he was quite good when North last played Geelong, you know, making the bests for us in that win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos makes first Melbourne coaching appointment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back