Roos makes first Melbourne coaching appointment

Remove this Banner Ad

atleys job will be to stand on the hff and kick 12 great goals for the year
that way demon fans will think they've scored big time.and be forever grateful
truth is they have about 8 players on the same level as atley,so it just means that the dees go from below average to way below average
AND WE ARE ALL FUNDING THIS

We are all funding GWS too, but don't let the facts get in the way. ;)

The poaching of an assistant and if true, gun young prospect.
a) north fans on the whole don't seem overly upset at the departure of Allison.
b) Atley isn't confirmed as going anywhere. Frankly this is the first I've even heard about him joining Melbourne. So he's complaining about something that is a rumour, at best.
c) this scenario is hardly particular to our club. Players being lured to other clubs is going to become standard fare, if it isn't already.

DOP is just using this as an opportunity to indulge in his favourite pastime: having a go at Melbourne. And it's fairly transparent.

I don't know. But the word is the priority pick (end of 1st round) and a player, probably some chutney ferret like Sam Blease. AFL will put a condition on the pick that it has to be traded for a player etc.

Ats is contracted and I don't think he'll go, it just annoys me that that we have to put up with this because the AFL rewards Melbourne failure in this way.
OK so you say he is going in a trade but he won't go. Which is it?
Also on the PP as I have said many times I don't believe in it. However try mounting a stronger case. Arguements like they stuffed up in the past don't count for anything. We are talking about the present and the results of the last 2 years are terrible. Anyhow we are only submitting an application and why wouldn't we on the current form.

The poaching of an assistant and if true, gun young prospect.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.
Assistant coaches move around all the time, why is our case different?

As for Atley, this is the first I've heard of it.

You're carrying on like it's never happened before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS had no chance to get Jaeger. Everyone in the world could see he was the next superstar.

Didn't they propose a complex trade that ended up with them trading away and then getting back the first pick in the mini-draft so they could get him? The AFL knocked it on the head saying it wasn't in the spirit of the rule that mini-draft picks had to be traded away.

That's irrelevant. The fact is they couldn't get Jaeger.
I'm talking GWS you know.
Step 1. Don't partake in mini draft trades
Step 2. Draft O'Meara the next year Pick 1

End result. Give up a couple of extra draft picks that were obtained in the mini draft and used for young talents but you have the best of the best. They went for quantity over quality and now they've got a plethora of very good young mids. Shiels I think is the best of them, Whitfield looks good but not spectacular, I'm a bit Treloar fan. But not only do they not have O'Meara he's at their direct competition. What am I missing out on here?

I'm talking GWS you know.
Step 1. Don't partake in mini draft trades
Step 2. Draft O'Meara the next year Pick 1

End result. Give up a couple of extra draft picks that were obtained in the mini draft and used for young talents but you have the best of the best. They went for quantity over quality and now they've got a plethora of very good young mids. Shiels I think is the best of them, Whitfield looks good but not spectacular, I'm a bit Treloar fan. But not only do they not have O'Meara he's at their direct competition. What am I missing out on here?
What you are missing is that not only did they get the Jaeger draft picks, but also the other mini draft kids (Crouch). So if they held out for Jaeger they would have missed out on
Pick 1
Pick 4
Compensation pick (First Round) from GC
Pick 10
Compensation pick (First round) from Adelaide.

All just to get Jaeger from your little plan. Looks like you've missed out on a fair bit

And Allison takes Atley with him.

Jeez it annoys me no end that North re-build the hard way, no priority picks, nothing, and now Melbourne get gifted all this simply for being so up themselves and crap in 07/08/09 and believing their own bullshit.

Makes me sick.

They offered you all this and more, but you guys said no!!!!!!

haha don't complain

What you are missing is that not only did they get the Jaeger draft picks, but also the other mini draft kids (Crouch). So if they held out for Jaeger they would have missed out on
Pick 1
Pick 4
Compensation pick (First Round) from GC
Pick 10
Compensation pick (First round) from Adelaide.

All just to get Jaeger from your little plan. Looks like you've missed out on a fair bit

Could have had this year:
Pick 1 (Jaeger)
Pick 2 (Crouch) - traded to GC for Martin
Pick 3 (Whitfield) - traded to Melbourne for Hogan
Pick 4 (Plowman) - traded to Melbourne for Matt Crouch
Pick 5 (O'Rourke) - traded to WBD for (insert other eligible player)

Didn't they propose a complex trade that ended up with them trading away and then getting back the first pick in the mini-draft so they could get him? The AFL knocked it on the head saying it wasn't in the spirit of the rule that mini-draft picks had to be traded away.

That is exactly what happened I'm glad someone remembered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos makes first Melbourne coaching appointment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back