Roast Rory Atkins is...

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet another player who puts in soft poor performances who we don't drop to send the right message that this is unacceptable.

Needed a swift boot up the arse years ago... but we have allowed this to become acceptable.

Poor player management as we now need to move him on as we have not addressed this.

Surely the coaches have told him not to fend off...get it on your boot, heck even if he kicks it 59m and gets deliberate at least he has gained some ground. **** me.

The exact moment when Rory Atkins jumped the shark and begun his descent to spudom

77f415043373d4529b86cfe6cdd4768e

Last edited:
I have just taken a small ownership in a racehorse.
Got an email from the trainer the other day saying my horse is a "Rig'
Your post describes my racehorse.
From now on, Rat will be known as 'Rory the Rig'
Usually a gelding, however when he was cut 1 or a part of 1 of his testes was left behind .. so really what you're saying is he still displays male traits, but from a breeding perspective he has no balls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh to compare Mackay to Atkins, would take Mackay over him everyday of the week, actually knows where to run and doesn’t shirk a contest despite being built like a pubescent Russian gymnast
I agree with your comment re: Mackay's "build", bloody funny. Maybe pre-pubescent? :D
I agree further that Mackay is the better player, marginally (at least he will tackle/bump someone), but that just reinforces how bad Atkins can be and suggest that Mackay is little more than mediocre. How many other AFL sides would play Mackay, do you think?

For mine, I wouldn't give either of them another AFL game.
Any 2 of Jones, Poholke, Wilson or Davis could play just as badly, with the upside of potential improvement as demonstrated by ROB.
Atkins and Mackay have been given multiple chances to improve. Their time is up.

Like alot of our players he looks a little leg heavy , seems to have lost his ability to break the lines and he is not pushing through .
Half of our team could benefit from dropping 2-3 kilos

A rare opportunity to watch him in the flesh on Saturday and both he and his effort were appalling. One time he was running towards the city end....sorry, trundling towards the city end at something like half speed. He wasn't the only one, but that stood out for me. Generally he does one or two good things a game at best. If I was Bryce Gibbs, I'd be furious Atkins gets a game ahead of me.

Like alot of our players he looks a little leg heavy , seems to have lost his ability to break the lines and he is not pushing through .
Half of our team could benefit from dropping 2-3 kilos

Pizza and beers should help with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Rory Atkins is...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back