Player Watch Rory Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot believe how quickly this lad has adapted to the game what an absolute pearler.the sky is the limit for this kid

How many second year players could hold their own with Swanny in the goal square? Already adding so much to the backline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rory Laird - 22 disposals at 95.5% disposal efficiency - this is elite and he is doing it constantly, had 29 at 94% DE a week or two ago as well. How the hell does this guy not have a rising star nomination yet? Not only is DE but he holds is own against ELITE players, takes some insane contested marks, disposes perfectly in high pressure situations and has even kicked an amazing goal or two. Hopefully the AFL will have seen him this week since we were playing the all glorious Collingwood.

Just imagine if you could put a $ efficiancy figure on him for output compared to our other players like Radar lol.
Like I said I dont think he has had a bad or even average game since coming into the side. And watching him at Westies I saw the same thing. He didnt play a bad game.

Just imagine if you could put a $ efficiancy figure on him for output compared to our other players like Radar lol.
Like I said I dont think he has had a bad or even average game since coming into the side. And watching him at Westies I saw the same thing. He didnt play a bad game.

WOW!! I watched the entire game tonight without even noticing he wasn't out there.:confused:

They are called rising stars for a reason. Wait until their 4-5th years and they will be stars.

The point of what he said is that our young players are performing excellently, but we're not winning because our senior players are not.

Another fine game from Lairdy. Such a steal to get this kid in the rookie draft.

The point of what he said is that our young players are performing excellently, but we're not winning because our senior players are not.

Another fine game from Lairdy. Such a steal to get this kid in the rookie draft.

Jacobs and Thommo in particular - dominant players last year, but only just this year.

Well played by Laird. Surely he must be in consideration for a Rising Star nom this week. :thumbsu:

well you know seeing young footballers like him take their chance is what its all about. i seriously dont now if we quite realize just how good this young bloke is.at this stage i believe with the form he has shown he would get a gig in the back pocket for any team in the afl.he is that composed. what would you do with him?does he stay there for the whole year and learn his trade and then play where? i would love to hear your thoughts. but seriously some of our great players have had a few good moments when they first started but no where as consistent as laird. i struggle to remember any player that has played so professionly as a 1st year player for the crows....ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back