Player Watch Rory Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a bit OTT.
The interview was bad, his form has been bad, it’s probably best for him to go, but he’s a long term loyal player, one of our best in grim times, and doesn’t deserve this. He’s not a cancer, cmon.

He's just a symptom of the disease. But the cancer exists.

What’s horrible thread . Mods this should be banned!

I get your view point and partially agree but this type of crap threads where a player is attacked in this way should not be part of our board imo

This thread is way to OTT. He's been very good for a very long time.

That said, I would like to see an attitude change in Laird. At this stage in his career he should be getting around the young kids, picking them up, giving them help and confidence, building the team and creating an environment of inclusion. As an elder statesman he has the gravitas to do that. I hope he does that stuff, cos I don't see anything other than the games.

However, I suspect not.
He was good with limitations, was. The bad has outweighed the good for at least a couple of years.

Cancer is a serious topic for many people, as serious as it gets. Just no need to use it in these circumstances at all.
Cancer as a disease is a common part of life and an inevitablility if one lives long enough.

The use of the word cancer in the thread title is appropriate and fits one of the dictionary definitions.

He's never even been that good apart from 15-18 when he played that lockdown rebounding half back role. Won a few b&fs in the weakest crow era. Could argue Richard Douglas has a better crow legacy than Laird.

Cancer as a disease is a common part of life and an inevitablility if one lives long enough.

The use of the word cancer in the thread title is appropriate and fits one of the dictionary definitions.

He doesn't really seem to fit the definition in any sense though.
Someone like Josh Jenkins or Brett Burton maybe, but grumpy Churchmouse Rory. Nah. He's a symptom at worst.

Come on, all of your commenting that he's been a good player also complain when we gift games to older players.

He gives no drive out of defense and does nothing with the ball. We were all OK with banishing Crouch but Crouch delivers much more than this guy.

And then the comments this week. Can add Smith to that pile. THEY HUNG HIM OUT TO DRY.

Smith was even worse in commentating that we should consider the swamp scum supporters down the road.

Rachelle is one of the best performing small forwards in the league and we just publicly p*issed all over him. Laird singling him out, as a so called leader, is disgusting.

I would ban him for a month of next season if I was in charge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah Milera his pre-injury abilities are the most overhyped ever.

Yep, was barely fringe quality as a mid and ahead of the ball. Was good off half back but is massively overrated these days in that role. Doesn't run, doesn't bounce, doesn't break lines, he just constantly tries to hit up short targets leading at him. No extended vision at all. He's bloody good and slippery in tight though, untacklable.

My least favourite player now, reeks of the AFC entitlement boys club.

Senior player that's never been in the leadership group and is visibly selfish onfield, doesn't Shepard, always calls for the ball to stat pad and get angry at younger players when they don't do what he says.

He's a stain on this club, since moving to the midfield his ego has taken over and he thinks he's hot shit

It bloody disappointing that he has as many yellow jackets as he does.

Lets be honest he won those B&Fs when we finished 12th, 15th and 14th. Our worst ever period.

Would not be in the top dozen players ever to play for the Crows.

Lets be honest he won those B&Fs when we finished 12th, 15th and 14th. Our worst ever period.

Would not be in the top dozen players ever to play for the Crows.
He won 2 All Australian selections when we were contending and nominated 4 other years. The only other players to have won multiple All Australians are McLeod, Riccuito, Goodwin, Rehn, Betts, McGuiness, Dangerfield, Smart and Hart. A 250 game legend of the club. Have more respect!

Can’t stand him, his form has been crap all year. Can’t physically run with opponents in the midfield and doesn’t show a spec of leadership on the field and we invent some stupid role down back to avoid having to drop him. Then has the audacity to call out our young players. Our whole leadership group has played like shit at times, Dawson included, where’s the accountability there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

Back