Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact he hasn't signed means he has made his mind up to leave. Likely a blessing in disguise saving the club from itself.
If he's looking for pure years on his contract I dare say he'll hold off as long as possible in the hope someone (even us) buckles and gives him a long terms deal.

Awful timing on Doods part, probably went from thinking he could find a 5-6 year deal at the start of the year to be getting 2-3 year contract offers in reduced mondy and given he's maybe walking into 2025 at 28 years old, coming off an ACL, he's probably getting another 2-3 year contract offer at best after that as well.

I don't think that's the case tbh, fb comments seem to indicate everyone's happy. We're not on here but i can see where you're coming from
Personally hope Sloane doesn't play at all next year, we improve away performances and start working towards the success. Today made that harder

People thinking that comments from people who like a facebook page are representative of a broader population are nuts.

Our crowd numbers are cold hard data. They show a massive drop.

And it's not explicable by covid, Port are exceeding pre-covid levels currently. And it's not that we've been awful- the GWS game was a quasi final, we pulled a shit crowd. This one is a quasi final, we're giving away tickets.

There is a significantly lower lack of interest in our tickets then previously.

Adelaide is currently offering supporters the opportunity to sign up as an AFL member for 2024 and get a ticket to their final men’s home game of this season – against Sydney this Saturday –for just $1.

membership ain’t what it used to be

I'd have missed single figure home games in like the last 20 years.

I don't think I can ever remember a period of time when we were wide scale trying to give away free tickets. And they did this last home game and still pulled sub 40.

People thinking that comments from people who like a facebook page are representative of a broader population are nuts.
Hope you're right but it does seem like this board is in the minority
Did anyone listen to the radio tonight? Did anyone ring 5aa to complain about rory signing on or was it all happy clapping?

Hope you're right but it does seem like this board is in the minority
Did anyone listen to the radio tonight? Did anyone ring 5aa to complain about rory signing on or was it all happy clapping?

The boards obviously not representative either.

I hear views much closer to this board from around me when I'm on the hill, I suspect the seats are closer to facebook.

We don't need to guess about whether the public are buying it in the same way though, the numbers tell us they're not turning out.

I hear views much closer to this board from around me when I'm on the hill, I suspect the seats are closer to facebook.

We don't need to guess about whether the public are buying it in the same way though, the numbers tell us they're not turning out.
Then you've probably laughed at some of my shouted quips over the years ;)

The hill is definitely closer aligned to BF, but as you said the seats would be closer aligned to Facebook.

I think you can look at Crows fans (footy fans in general?) in broad groups:
  1. Always support the club, love the boys, turn up every week no matter what.
  2. Sick of the lengthy Premiership drought, love most of the boys but wish harder calls were made, turn up every week no matter what.
  3. Identify as Crows fans but don't have the emotional investment of groups 1 and 2. Happy to skip games when we're not winning.
The thing is, I don't think group 3 cares strongly enough about things like Sloane's re-signing to attend more or less games.

No point getting your knickers in a knot over things we have no control over. All we can do is hope that we see him as sub or in the twos For the majority of the season. But hey, if he could do a Matt Crouch, I’d be ok with that too. Personally think it’s a mistake, but like I said, not going to lose sleep over it.

Slow ticket sales just makes me think karma might actually exist. Aside from the expansion sides, I couldn't think of a club that deserves that more than Adelaide.

Roo literally dared fans to

No point getting your knickers in a knot over things we have no control over. All we can do is hope that we see him as sub or in the twos For the majority of the season. But hey, if he could do a Matt Crouch, I’d be ok with that too. Personally think it’s a mistake, but like I said, not going to lose sleep over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then you've probably laughed at some of my shouted quips over the years ;)

The hill is definitely closer aligned to BF, but as you said the seats would be closer aligned to Facebook.

I think you can look at Crows fans (footy fans in general?) in broad groups:
  1. Always support the club, love the boys, turn up every week no matter what.
  2. Sick of the lengthy Premiership drought, love most of the boys but wish harder calls were made, turn up every week no matter what.
  3. Identify as Crows fans but don't have the emotional investment of groups 1 and 2. Happy to skip games when we're not winning.
The thing is, I don't think group 3 cares strongly enough about things like Sloane's re-signing to attend more or less games.
Group 3 will be excited to watch a good game and get some good emotions :) And if there's a defeat, Group 3 won't be too upset.

You also don't control when they win or do good things.

Why talk about them at all

The Facebook posts have been soooo glowing that there must be some editing going on, even if the vibe from our fans is overall positive.

The only discerning voices seem to sneak through in replies to positive comments.

The Facebook posts have been soooo glowing that there must be some editing going on, even if the vibe from our fans is overall positive.

The only discerning voices seem to sneak through in replies to positive comments.
It’s a great decision
He’s a great leader
He’s still playing really, really well
He’s so loyal
Etc

It’s a great decision
He’s a great leader
He’s still playing really, really well
He’s so loyal
Etc
The leader is good
The leader is great
We surrender our will as of this date

I love the leader!

100% there is deleting of comments going on.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn’t you hear the cheers every time he got the ball in the showdown after being the sub?
The average clapper loves this

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back