Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just listening to MMM and Sloane was saying Burgess told him he’d be better next year as it always takes two years to come back properly from a knee recon.
Sometimes when I hear Sloane speak recently the more I believe he really got indoctrinated on those delusional Collective Mind camps and has worked his way up to a Master Collective Mind.

In any case his want to believe in himself is off the charts, something to begrudgingly admire.

Got OBS reinstalled. Going to start trawling through the games for Sloane stuff ups. Going take a while, there are so many.
Save yourself the trouble. Just go to the third quarter of last week's game and watch how our crabs get destroyed by Brisbane's midfield. Tells you all you need to know.

Got OBS reinstalled. Going to start trawling through the games for Sloane stuff ups. Going take a while, there are so many.
If you search for Sloane on the AFL app under stats there will be a section called "highlights" and if you select "All Highlights"

Screenshot_20230816-094515.png

Then if you go in and select the game and then click "extended" it'll show you all the actions that player took in a game with timestamps on when it occured in the game

Screenshot_20230816-094527.png

So you can review them on your phone, then pick out which ones you want to them clip through OBS.

If you search for Sloane on the AFL app under stats there will be a section called "highlights" and if you select "All Highlights"

View attachment 1775712

Then if you go in and select the game and then click "extended" it'll show you all the actions that player took in a game with timestamps on when it occured in the game

View attachment 1775713

So you can review them on your phone, then pick out which ones you want to them clip through OBS.
Oh nice. Thanks for that. Really cool feature.

View attachment 1775712

View attachment 1775713

I don't see "stuff ups" on that list though

I did LOL at the stats saying "Effective Disposal" and then "Turnover" because by Champion Data rules any kick that goes 40m+ to a contest is considered effective, even if it is a turnover.
Brodie Smith likes this.

View attachment 1775712

View attachment 1775713

All those that keep preaching stats should watch the players with this tool. They might learn the difference between a good disposal and shit one, whether it’s effective or not.

Essentially the Sydney game is $1 but you have to sign up full price for a membership next year (3 game or full season). They're getting creative that's for sure.

Not a bad idea though to get new members and increase the crowd this week

Obviously the days of waiting lists are well over…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Save yourself the trouble. Just go to the third quarter of last week's game and watch how our crabs get destroyed by Brisbane's midfield. Tells you all you need to know.

The worst part of the 3rd quarter was actually Dawson on McCluggage. Got the first couple of centre clearances clean as a whistle

I rewatched the third quarter this morning - Sloane attended 6 CBA - we went 4-2 when he was in their and he won both of them. One a soccer off the ground to half forward and the other actually quite a classy clearance where he got a deep 50 entry for us
We went 4-2 when he wasn’t there as well in that quarter

Also noticed some mind numbingly poor umpire calls - the Lions back walking over to concede a behind when no one was with 12-13 metres of him from either side

And Dawson disallowed mark from Keays kick on 50 which was turned over and we gave up a goal
And the free to Cameron against Max where even Brown said was soft as

Those calls helped really build momentum. We actually did a better job than I thought at the time of staying in the game

"How did the boys react to the news"

"Ummm, I haven't told them yet.... oh you mean my team mates... ummm yeah... excited"

Bullshit.
That was a super-cringeworthy moment in a consistently cringeworthy interview.
Smacked of him not having his head in “team” at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst part of the 3rd quarter was actually Dawson on McCluggage. Got the first couple of centre clearances clean as a whistle

I rewatched the third quarter this morning - Sloane attended 6 CBA - we went 4-2 when he was in their and he won both of them. One a soccer off the ground to half forward and the other actually quite a classy clearance where he got a deep 50 entry for us
We went 4-2 when he wasn’t there as well in that quarter

Also noticed some mind numbingly poor umpire calls - the Lions back walking over to concede a behind when no one was with 12-13 metres of him from either side

And Dawson disallowed mark from Keays kick on 50 which was turned over and we gave up a goal
And the free to Cameron against Max where even Brown said was soft as

Those calls helped really build momentum. We actually did a better job than I thought at the time of staying in the game

Yeah Jordy got towelled by McLuggage and Fletcher early that quarter. But it wasn't all about CBAs, it was our lack of run and cover on their transition.

What has caused your hatred of Roo. Did he not sign a guernsey for you or something?

I like Roo. I just hate his involvement at the club as he's an idiotic. Nothing personnel. Would love to have a beer with him and would tell him to his face that he's bad for the club. He was a great player and that's where his involvement should have ended.

That was a super-cringeworthy moment in a consistently cringeworthy interview.
Smacked of him not having his head in “team” at all.
The whole presser he came across like a child who had just gotten away with something naughty..

And he was waiting for the questions about that naughty thing to start flowing his way for answering..

It needed at least one of those journo’s to straight out ask if he actually believed his form really warrented him getting another year and whether he had the best for the team in mind..

They instead danced around it and he was able to get out of truely answering it..

The whole presser he came across like a child who had just gotten away with something naughty..

And he was waiting for the questions about that naughty thing to start flowing his way for answering..

It needed at least one of those journo’s to straight out ask if he actually believed his form really warrented him getting another year and whether he had the best for the team in mind..

They instead danced around it and he was able to get out of truely answering it..
Yeah agree. The presser was a bad look. He knows he is very very lucky to get a deal when he clearly doesn't deserve it. It paints the club in a weak light. He could have gone out on a great note. Now he goes out either injured or in the SANFL with no farewell game. If they wanted to keep him on, offer him a development role.

Last edited:
He's proven time and again through his comments on tv that we all have to suffer through that he wasn't gifted with a high IQ. Just because he was great at football doesn't mean he knows anything about managing a football list. He needs to move on. He's had his ten year involvement of acting like he knows what he's doing. I'm sure he's a great bloke but know your limitations.

Last edited by a moderator:
MsTopG is right about his. Roo was a great player but his results as an administrator speak for themselves. The club has mostly been a dumpster fire throughout his tenure. If he cared about the club more than he cared about himself, he would resign.

MsTopG is right about his. Roo was a great player but his results as an administrator speak for themselves. The club has mostly been a dumpster fire throughout his tenure. If he cared about the club more than he cared about himself, he would resign.
The average poster on social media can not even tell you his actual role. They have no idea about his level of responsibility or who even reports to.

After they finish garnishing their teeth in anger, he’s their first name sprouted out as he’s an easy option. The blame him for everything from the Kennedy assassination to having cold pies at the Adelaide Oval kiosk. Pure nonsense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Sloane - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back