Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think it's possible if Malthouse said I wanna coach you guys to have him and Milne on ok terms?

Or would it be if Malthouse comes, Milne goes.

Im really feeling for you guys at the moment, you'll pick up someone pretty soon i reckon, and you've got a mature list so it won't take much development to get them to peak condition

You'll bounce back, you always do:thumbsu:

Apparently Lyon was going to sign a new contract with St Kilda today and then all of a sudden did a backflip to take up the Freo offer.

I have nothing to suggest otherwise, but take those comments in the next few hours with a grain of salt. It's the journos way of saying "well shit, we didn't see that one coming"

That's a stupid amount of money for a man who has 0 flags to his name as a coach and can't develop kids. A stupid amount.

I disagree

he carried us to within a point of a flag last year and Freo the perennial underachievers have the talent to at least match that.

IMHO the only issue here is it's either one year late (one year of rebuilding missed) or one year early (one last crack with this group), the timing has done no one at St Kilda any favours.

what a dog of a bloke he's turned out to be, **** him and i hope he fails the same way he did with us!! ****ing wank

Mark Harvey appointed as Director of Coaching at Fremantle for 2012

what is going on

They must have heard all the pissed off Freo supporters on talkback bagging their club and saying they were cancelling their memberships for their disgraceful treatment of Mark Harvey and so have tried to smooth the waters by giving him a token position.

It's pretty clear what has happened, they realised that Lyon had knocked back Melbourne's offer so just upped their offer to Lyon in the last day or two until he couldn't refuse. Once he said yes they sacked Harvey.

The behaviour of their club has been despicable which ever way you want to dice it, they have shafted their existing coach and shafted St Kilda by stealing our coach at the last minute when he was about to sign on the dotted line.

I really hope it all blows up in their face, they haven't just pissed off St Kilda supporters but plenty of their own supporters in the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are St.Kilda's senior players all contracted? If the new coach foreshadows cutting the list to the bone, the older players could see their dreams of a premiership disappearing.

i am absolutely livid right now! Mostly because I was laughing at the other clubs that needed coaches as I dont think there are any standout candidates. Very dissapointed in ross. sad day for stkfc

Robbo On Twitter: Nick Riewoldt learned the news of Lyon's departure while in hospital. In and out of consciousness. It was apparenlty knee surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon has quit the StKilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back