Ross Lyon- Hate Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats almost word-for-word exactly what Francis Leach said last night on SEN's Soapbox...

I tend to agree in part, but some of the kids did get injuries & the old briggade had to come back in in some instances

Really?

Did not hear the show but doesn't surprise me - I just get a feeling we may have been scr*wed by Rossy in regard to young players.

it can be argued that Ross saw the writing on the wall regarding the list and cap issues. He gave it one more shot, but then was hunted by Freo.

I'd hate to think that he made us give him a 4 year deal only to use it as a bargaining chip on Freo and get a better deal from them.

But when you look at it, why did he force the issue, then when he got he just said no thanks?

Not sure if the school girl thing wa a factor... it was her doing not ours.

I suspect his mind was made up before the finals.

Apparently ( according to Squizzy ) he did actually turn up to VFL games in 2011. Something he hadn't done previously.

Yep, I have seen him slurp his pies down at TB Oval a few times (and steal other people's parking spots...). Typically chatted to a few people, I don't think I ever saw him talk to any of the players on the bench or at 1/4 or 3/4 time - yet alone spend some time with the Sandy coaches.

Yep, I have seen him slurp his pies down at TB Oval a few times (and steal other people's parking spots...). Typically chatted to a few people, I don't think I ever saw him talk to any of the players on the bench or at 1/4 or 3/4 time - yet alone spend some time with the Sandy coaches.

Maybe waiting for someone to introduce him, to the players and coaches.

I have seen him slurp his pies down at TB Oval a few times (and steal other people's parking spots...).

Y'see - you should've seen his walkout coming. Bastard! :D

Maybe waiting for someone to introduce him, to the players and coaches.

I do find that pretty amusing.

Wonder how selection went.

"OK, I need to play some younger guys this year.

This week, I'll go for the blonde piggy-looking one."

Then the dribbler ... "

Then the dribbler ... "

The piggy one was lucky enough to take a speccy during the NAB cup.
But I think Ross still had to confirm his suspicions ( "was that Archer "? ):D

why would he talk to them in 2011, when they were not employed by the saints, and ran their own thing.

The piggy one was lucky enough to take a speccy during the NAB cup.
But I think Ross still had to confirm his suspicions ( "was that Archer "? ):D

No wonder he was dropped since all credit for Archers work went to Riewoldt via the media Ross did a double take, "the new guy did what?" turned to the coverage and then lambastered his assistants (hence the burn out) for trying to prop up the kids as doing good things and he was right and vindicated in playing the older brigade. So when names actually got picked up by the media Ross knew he was in on a good thing which is why Stanley was persisted with for that long patch in Rooeys absence. :p

It's all making a crazy kind of sense.

why would he talk to them in 2011, when they were not employed by the saints, and ran their own thing.

I thought the two clubs, albeit being separate of course, were aligned and hence had an interest in working together for the benefit of:

- St Kilda to ensure its players gain match experience fitting to their respective training schemes and long term plans for St Kilda

- Sandy to ensure the St Kilda listed players will be played in their 'best' positions as per their respective training schemes

- the St Kilda listed players to ensure they develop as per their respective training schemes and long term plans for St Kilda

Now maybe, just maybe, it would have been beneficial for Lyon to speak to the Sandy coaches advising that he wants Lynch to be a forward and not a sweeper in the backline...

Then the dribbler ... "

sometimes i did begin to wonder, how the selectors picked players. i remember when they had mark maclure as an unbiased selector. i don't know if that made any differences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think about the line 'career coach' and then ask yourself which list you'd like to be reigning over in 4 years time coming into the 2015 season, and you can see his move was calculated.

Sure by that stage Saints will be an abundance of kids around the 22-24 years of age, probably just starting to get a good amount of games under their belt...

However I'm thinking the wins/losses are going to be pretty middle of the road?

Alternatively Freo will be brimming a similar list age to that of St Kilda now, probably with some top 8 finishes.

Then he will probably scope the market again.

Career coach.

He summed it up.

There's a coach up here in Sydney, his name is Brian Smith. He's been the coach of, oh I've lost count now - many clubs in the NRL. The current one is the Roosters. He joins a new club as coach and inevitably takes this team to a Grand Final - and loses. As far as I know he has never won a premiership. Now, that's something to ponder when you think about Ross Lyon from now on. The Brian Smith of the AFL. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back