Ross Lyon is a disgrace to football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistics can lie.

I prefer to go by what I see and from what I've seen of Freo recently they have played some woeful football and their 5-4 win loss record flatters them.

And remember Geelong were strutting around for most of that game. They barely rolled a team who were playing like lazy millionaires.

Freo were extremely lucky to win against St Kilda and Gold Coast, they were helped over the line by some atrocious umpiring.

I said so at the time and was howled down by Freo supporters but those chickens have come home to roost now that the umpires have stopped giving them an armchair ride.

Freo really should be 3-6 and they wouldn't be looking as good then.

Yeah Plugger, you've said a heap of crap over the season.

If St Kilda hadn't butchered their chances in front of goal, you would have won. Don't go blaming the umpires for your ineptitude.

Sooking about and claiming Feo always gets an arm chair ride from the umpires just tells me you never watch Freo games. Boy am I glad we got an arm chair ride from the umps today,.....oh wait.

We didn't lose because of the umps (although they were crap) we lost because we are not well coached, have fairly poor skills and didn't have much of a clue out there today.

Besides, plugger, you say that about every team that beats you and just do not have any credibility.

Am I the only St Kilda supporter that thought the umpiring against Freo was fine?

I think Plugger blames the umps for St Kilda not winning by more on Saturday. Such a pathetic poster.

I think Plugger blames the umps for St Kilda not winning by more on Saturday. Such a pathetic poster.

We got the rub of the green against Sydney re frees. Freo got the rub of the green when t hey beat St.Kilda.

However both team deserved to win those games. Against St.Kilda, Freo's gameplan and its execution was excellent and Lyon outcoached Watters and freo thoroughly deserved to win it.

But if Lyon couldn't coach against the Saints and have an advantage, he shouldn't be there.

I said Freo were playing shit defensive football under Lyon all along and were lucky to win against St Kilda and Gold Coast due to the umpires gifting them wins with terrible umpiring.

Have a look at the results since, St Kilda have beaten Carlton and Sydney playing great attacking football while Freo have been thrashed by Hawthorn and West Coast playing shit defensive football.

Yet I'm the moron.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This topic just goes to show how dumb some people are. Ross Lyon is a coach who has real tactics and applies them to a game as difficult as AFL. He currently doesn't have the quality of players to carry out his plan. Most coaches don't have a game plan. With better quality midfielders and another quality forward Fremantle will become a premiership threat. To say he's a disgrace is stupid. While Fremantle didn't play well today and it didn't look pretty Ross's coaching will pay off. Welcome to AFL 2012. Banging the ball to packs is long gone.

I believe that different coaches are suitable for different clubs at different stages of development.

I reckon Ross Lyon was perfect for St Kilda in 2008 because they were a massively talented, but slightly fluky team who ran ahead of the ball a bit too much, and lacked defensive structure.

And I reckon that's pretty much the only trick he's got. He doesn't develop players. He just rounds off talented lists who need their @sses kicked. Now I'm not sure that describes Freo. I thought their biggest problem in 2011 was injuries. Defensively I thought they were doing the job OK. But Freo fans might correct me.

I'll tell you the club I reckon Lyon should be at - Carlton. For mine they are the 2007 St Kilda of 2012. Now, I actually think they will come good anyway. But Lyon would make them a better side than Ratten will, I reckon.

He currently doesn't have the quality of players to carry out his plan. Most coaches don't have a game plan. With better quality midfielders and another quality forward Fremantle will become a premiership threat.

So, what you're saying is that with better midfielders and a quality key forward, they would be a better team that gets results?

Shit, you may be onto something. Better players = Winning. Who would have thought :rolleyes:

The fact that Lyon has a game plan that doesn't suit Fremantle one bit is the worrying thing. Surely a coach with a 'plan' would adjust said 'plan' if it doesn't work with the team they are guiding.

I'd be a Test Cricketer if I could bowl like Warnie, but I don't have the tools to do it, so I dont try to.

If Lyon doesn't have the players to play his shit game plan, then he's a moron for persisting with it.

I reckon Ross Lyon was perfect for St Kilda in 2008 because they were a massively talented, but slightly fluky team who ran ahead of the ball a bit too much, and lacked defensive structure.

Would've won a flag with a better coach.

Lyon being a prick and snaking the Saints will turn out to be a great thing for them.

This topic just goes to show how dumb some people are. Ross Lyon is a coach who has real tactics and applies them to a game as difficult as AFL. He currently doesn't have the quality of players to carry out his plan. Most coaches don't have a game plan. With better quality midfielders and another quality forward Fremantle will become a premiership threat. To say he's a disgrace is stupid. While Fremantle didn't play well today and it didn't look pretty Ross's coaching will pay off. Welcome to AFL 2012. Banging the ball to packs is long gone.

Ross Lyon has a tactic - defensive football.

I watched many games up close over 5 years at St Kilda - we became defensively the best and were able to hold up offensively (3rd in 09) due to quality players up fwd. Freo dont have them.

That said, footy changes and while defense is still important so is attack. Lyon promised continuously at St Kilda how he was moving us to more attack, faster ball movement etc.......yet weekly we'd kick 5-8 goals and strangle opposition.

If Lyon cant get Freo's balance right then he wont coach senior AFL again, he will be seen as a 1 trick pony. I suspect Lyon knows a coaches life is short at times which is why $5m from Freo enabled him to move easily from Saints (and he had debts..).

Being defensively the best is great but it ALWAYS keeps an opposition in the game and a 5 min lapse in concentration can be disastrous if your opposition kicks 4-5 quick goals.....while most sides decent in attack can bridge those sort of gaps.......Lyons cant.

I believe that different coaches are suitable for different clubs at different stages of development.

And I reckon that's pretty much the only trick he's got. He doesn't develop players. He just rounds off talented lists who need their @sses kicked. Now I'm not sure that describes Freo. I thought their biggest problem in 2011 was injuries. Defensively I thought they were doing the job OK. But Freo fans might correct me.

I'll tell you the club I reckon Lyon should be at - Carlton. For mine they are the 2007 St Kilda of 2012. Now, I actually think they will come good anyway. But Lyon would make them a better side than Ratten will, I reckon.

Got no aruguements against this comment think its very wise

100% correct. Right now Ross would perfect for Carlton

Gee what an interesting comment.
You're a thinker.
I might have a bit of a gander at some if your other posts.

He would not be a good fit for Carlton at all, too much x-factor for him to snuff out while roles and structures become priority.

Carltons problems do not lie with the coach at all.

For them to take the next step, it will only ever be player driven.

However I digress.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back