Ross Lyon - Where's the credit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely it's time this bloke started getting some recognition?

In a short period of time has become one of, if not THE best coach in the business. Has turned on of the most offensive teams in it to one of the best defensive teams ever.

Thing I like best about Ross is all he does is coach. Never trashes the opposition pre or post game. Never criticises his players publicly. Doesn't have any opinions on rule changes. No newspaper articles. No ego. No Tuesdays with Rossy. In fact he does very little other than coach.

What I really love about the bloke is he doesn't hide behind playing kids. He picks teams on form not names and doesn't flinch at bringing in aging players if he thinks they can help us win THIS year.

Ross has done a fantastic job and I'm sure he's more than happy to keep flying under the radar.

That's why we love him. :thumbsu:

So do you want him to receive credit, or do you want him to keep flying under the radar?

Ummm . . . I did create the thread. :confused:

Ross doesn't have the ego and is smart enough to take any press praise for what it's worth.

Surely it's time this bloke started getting some recognition?

In a short period of time has become one of, if not THE best coach in the business. Has turned on of the most offensive teams in it to one of the best defensive teams ever.

Thing I like best about Ross is all he does is coach. Never trashes the opposition pre or post game. Never criticises his players publicly. Doesn't have any opinions on rule changes. No newspaper articles. No ego. No Tuesdays with Rossy. In fact he does very little other than coach.

What I really love about the bloke is he doesn't hide behind playing kids. He picks teams on form not names and doesn't flinch at bringing in aging players if he thinks they can help us win THIS year.

Ross has done a fantastic job and I'm sure he's more than happy to keep flying under the radar.

That's why we love him. :thumbsu:

Great coach, Saints on a fantastic run, full credit due, would be unbackable flag favourites if not for the good form of Geelong and Bulldogs also near the top of the heap this year.

Meanwhile the Crows may sneak into fourth spot, with luck. Deja vu, anyone?

Will the Saints sack a good coach if the Saints don't win the flag after a fantastic year?

Its not as if such an unbelievable thing has never happened before.

doesn't have or doesn't want?

I say we should have a merged St Kilda celebrations thread. Okay, you beat Geelong, but that won't matter one bit come finals time. In fact it could work to your disadvantage.

Great coach, Saints on a fantastic run, full credit due, would be unbackable flag favourites if not for the good form of Geelong and Bulldogs also near the top of the heap this year.

Meanwhile the Crows may sneak into fourth spot, with luck. Deja vu, anyone?

Will the Saints sack a good coach if the Saints don't win the flag after a fantastic year?

Was this a "look at me" post?

Embarrassing really.

The only deja vu I get when talking the Crows is your recent late season nose dives.

I'll admit I thought he was an absolute muppet the way he had them playing the last couple of seasons and I think a lot of people were in the same boat.

But he knew what he was doing the whole time so credit to Ross Lyon in a big way.

Perhaps Leigh Tudor should get a lot of the credit.He's the one whose probably had a big influence on your players this year.

Yep, we can thank Geelong for our improvement. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We still talking this century or earlier this year or the last final we played you?

Unless someone's dad dies and assorted other personal dramas on the eve of the final, you won't get that lucky again.

Seriously, what sort of moron discredits their own win by claiming the opposition embarrassed themselves in a relatively close game? BF troll I guess. :rolleyes:

I notice that you left out the rest of my sentence. How convenient for you. :rolleyes:

I will re-quote it now, to restore the context:

ok.crows said:
It wasn't the Crows who embarrassed themselves after being red hot favourites for the flag.

The Crows have never been red hot favourites for the flag.

Seriously, what sort of moron discredits their own win by claiming the opposition embarrassed themselves in a relatively close game?

What are you talking about? Where did I say anything of the sort?

This isn't about the Crows, BTW, it is about the Saints coach, Lyon. How much danger is he in if the Saints lose the GF (say by 6 goals) after the Saints had a fantastic run of form during the year to get to the GF?

I mean, you never know with the Saints, do you? For any other club, that would be a very silly question, wouldn't it ... but with the Saints ... they do have a history, don't they.

:eek:

Maybe it's his low profile nature but Ross Lyon has been very underrated for our great performances this year.

Very smart operator who has left no stone unturned in improving us. It's not just his own coaching that has been impressive but the way he has improved other areas, like our fitness & conditioning staff (hence the reduction in injuries) and assistant coaches.

No doubt assistant coaches like Silvagni and Tudor need to be given credit for their work as well. Silvagni has done a lot of great work with our defence and Tudor with our forwards.

It's Lyon who has put it all together though. Hopefully he should be the Saints head coach for many years to come.

Maybe it's his low profile nature but Ross Lyon has been very underrated for our great performances this year.

Very smart operator who has left no stone unturned in improving us. It's not just his own coaching that has been impressive but the way he has improved other areas, like our fitness & conditioning staff (hence the reduction in injuries) and assistant coaches.

No doubt assistant coaches like Silvagni and Tudor need to be given credit for their work as well. Silvagni has done a lot of great work with our defence and Tudor with our forwards.

It's Lyon who has put it all together though. Hopefully he should be the Saints head coach for many years to come.
Yep. Precisely. Spot on.

The Saints just need to be sure they don't sack him if the Saints don't win the flag.

Kudos to Ross. :thumbsu:

Hopefully he brings a bit of sanity back to the league and people start following his trend and actually build teams to be competitive 24/7.

I used to switch off the Saints a year or so ago as you guys were even more painful to watch than Sydney. Not anymore though, pretty good footy.

With no Rod Buttress/Grant Thomas around these days, and no taking the team to 'The day after tomorrow' Ross won't get booted out the door. He has such a cool head and takes things with as much merit as they deserve and will never accept that St Kilda has reached a plateau of how good they can be, claiming they always will need to improve, which shows an expectation of hard work which St Kilda needs and have almost never had (Withholding the Allan Jeans years). Ross's calm nature and habit of 'keeping the lid on it' will do St Kilda well come finals time. My two cents :D

Yep. Precisely. Spot on.

The Saints just need to be sure they don't sack him if the Saints don't win the flag.

Well hopefully our impulsive coach sacking days are behind us. Even if we don't win a flag this year, I'm pretty sure Lyon will be around for a few years yet.

So we are to take it youre no longer defending the captaincy merry go round which took place under cornflakes where even the tea lady got a go? The moofies on a Wednesday night? The process. Some of the funniest threads I have read on big footy seeing you Aints fans stick up for those circus manouvers .

Lyon is lightyears ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon - Where's the credit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back