Give it 2 years

You left Pendlebury out.

B: Dean Terlich, James Frawley, Colin Garland

HB: Jack Grimes, Tom McDonald, Mitchell Clisby

C: Matt Jones, Jack Trengove, Dom Tyson

HF: Jeromy Howe, Chris Dawes, Bernie Vince

F: Shannon Brynes, Mitch Clark, Jack Watts

R: Mark Jamar, Nathan Jones, Jack Viney

INT: Daniel Cross, Jake Fitzpatrick, Dean Kent, Sam Blease (Sub)

EMG: Jimmy Toumpas, Jordie McKenzie, Lynden Dunn

After the conclusion of trade week and some new recuits this is how the Dees could line up come round 1. Some handy ready made recruits like Tyson, Cross and Vince all come into the side.

I must say that is a very impressive line up. :thumbsu:
Again! With your predictions for the Round 1 Melbourne line up, you put Byrnes in, and not Hogan!! Also, Watts will be getting a heap of midfield time too next year, so I'd probably put him somewhere other than the forward line, I'd swap him for where you've put Kent. That's just my opinion though.

Thanks for your kind words though!

Again! With your predictions for the Round 1 Melbourne line up, you put Byrnes in, and not Hogan!! Also, Watts will be getting a heap of midfield time too next year, so I'd probably put him somewhere other than the forward line, I'd swap him for where you've put Kent. That's just my opinion though.

Thanks for your kind words though!

Completely forgot about Hogan! :oops:

He's in. ;)

Z. Jones McDonald Garland
Toumpas Schoenmakers Grimes
Freeman N. Jones Watts
Howe Hogan Trengrove
Fitzpatrick Dawes Blease
Clark Tyson Viney
Tapscott Michie Stretch Vince

Give it 2 years

Why do we want Ryan Schoenmakers?

Not to mention there's literally zero chance Billy Stretch will be playing as soon as we draft him, if we do draft him at all. Kid is tiny.

think we will draft him, he has been at the club that much, already associated with the boys, getting better and better from what ive heard, really low chance of not picking him up imo

Putting a sensible team together is actually really hard when it comes to our talls.

Realistically, I think 3 of Fitz, Gawn, Jamar, Hogan, Spencer and Dawes need to be left out - and I have a feeling Fitz is going to have a big year which would make things even harder!

Putting a sensible team together is actually really hard when it comes to our talls.

Realistically, I think 3 of Fitz, Gawn, Jamar, Hogan, Spencer and Dawes need to be left out - and I have a feeling Fitz is going to have a big year which would make things even harder!

I am a HUGE dawesy fan but he really needs to play well to keep a place, i love what he does but he has some serious serious competition

Which is a bloody good thing, there wont be any passengers amongst our tall forwards this year

I think Clark and Dawes are the only automatic selections provided both are fit :confused:

Then I reckon there is one spot for Fitzy and Hogan to rotate through - Hogan may be the second coming but he will need time to find his feet at AFL level. Fitz has been encouraging but realistically he lacks the strength and nous to hold down either a KPF spot or a first ruck role by himself at this stage.

Then there is one ruck spot for Spencer, Jamar and Gawn (in that order IMO) to fight over.

It also depends on how much (if any) Clark can play in the ruck - even if it's just in the forward line and maybe one centre bounce per quarter. If they don't want to play him there, Fitz becomes more important.

In the end I agree that 3 of those will be left out in any given week - with both Howe and Watts also in the team playing any more than 4 talls (including Clark) would be tactical suicide.

I think Clark and Dawes are the only automatic selections provided both are fit :confused:

Then I reckon there is one spot for Fitzy and Hogan to rotate through - Hogan may be the second coming but he will need time to find his feet at AFL level. Fitz has been encouraging but realistically he lacks the strength and nous to hold down either a KPF spot or a first ruck role by himself at this stage.

Then there is one ruck spot for Spencer, Jamar and Gawn (in that order IMO) to fight over.

It also depends on how much (if any) Clark can play in the ruck - even if it's just in the forward line and maybe one centre bounce per quarter. If they don't want to play him there, Fitz becomes more important.

In the end I agree that 3 of those will be left out in any given week - with both Howe and Watts also in the team playing any more than 4 talls (including Clark) would be tactical suicide.

Good points and I agree, although I actually don't think Dawes is an automatic selection. I think he's fighting for the centre half forward spot with Fitzpatrick and Hogan.

I can see Jamar falling behind Spencer as we'll - and if he and Gawn have good seasons, the tuck role becomes another headache at selection!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good points and I agree, although I actually don't think Dawes is an automatic selection. I think he's fighting for the centre half forward spot with Fitzpatrick and Hogan.

See I don't think that will be the case in 2014 at least. As I said above, we can't expect Hogan (or Fitz for that matter) to hold down the CHF role straight away. We will play 3 talls, which will be an enormous benefit for those two as they will get lesser defenders most weeks. Hogan will take some time to get used to AFL level.

See I don't think that will be the case in 2014 at least. As I said above, we can't expect Hogan (or Fitz for that matter) to hold down the CHF role straight away. We will play 3 talls, which will be an enormous benefit for those two as they will get lesser defenders most weeks. Hogan will take some time to get used to AFL level.

In a strange way, I hope it doesn't happen - because if Fitz takes another step forward, and if Hogan shows he's already capable at AFL level, then we'll be either playing way too tall - or leaving too much talent at Casey!

It's a good problem to have! If only it was the same in the midfield...

Clark, Dawes, Hogan and Fitzpatrick. Luckily they're all fairly mobile and can push up the ground as well. Hogan isn't too tall either. If they do play together (assuming one on bench or in defence/the ruck at all times), who gets the third defender? Is it Hogan? Or do Clark and Hogan pull the best defenders, and the third goes to Dawes?

It's a good problem to have! If only it was the same in the midfield...

Clark, Dawes, Hogan and Fitzpatrick. Luckily they're all fairly mobile and can push up the ground as well. Hogan isn't too tall either. If they do play together (assuming one on bench or in defence/the ruck at all times), who gets the third defender? Is it Hogan? Or do Clark and Hogan pull the best defenders, and the third goes to Dawes?

Depends on who's on fire on any given day.

I'm hoping that's Hogan. Often. :rainbow:

Forget Rd1 because I have us finishing in between 10-15 on the ladder with in between 9 - 0 wins and a draw likely with the dogs or pies on the Monday public holiday. Just saying something like this will or might occur. Could be reason to get excited given or two cheap dates spent in shitsville this year. Oh and this may or may not be a our premiership team in say three to four years time. Check it out:-

Terlich McDonald Garland
Toumpas Scharenberg Grimes
Vince N. Jones Watts
Howe Hogan Trengrove
Fitzpatrick Dawes Blease
Clark Tyson Viney
Tapscott Z. Jones Stretch McKenzie

Sorry, I posted it in the bash Jetta blog.

Prefer Fitzpatrick in the ruck. Not that i think he's pathetic up forward, i just think Dawes Clark and Hogan are more capable. Fitzy's athletic ability should see him flourish if given a permanent opportunity. Agree with the D16, Jamar in serious trouble. Id prefer Gawn (but needs to build a tank in hurry, a couple of games last year he was run off his feet by the 3rd quarter) or Spencer with Fitzy as of right now.

I would use Gawn the way Hawthorn used Max Bailey this year. Sub him off during the 3rd for another mid and then have Clark and Fitzpatrick ruck the rest of the match.

Like the sub Gawn idea but i really dont want Clark anywhere near the ruck. Has enough injury worries without running up and down the ground and think hes too valuable up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back