Preview Round 1, 2020: North Melbourne v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 22nd March, 1:10PM AEDT *HILL 150TH, KING DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Kangaroos

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 60 92.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battle might fit in the trade.

Bing anda second for Battle and a first

or maybe, just maybe ( ducks for cover) we don’t need Ming at all?

Edit..... Bing, I mean Bing....no more death threats please 🙏🏼🤣

Last edited:
Tackle counts way down in the first 2 games. Just about certain its lack of a crowd. If we out tackle North by a margin I think we win Sunday. The hard part is getting the players up as if there was a crowd out there.

Not sure you can judge it from the first game. Blues could barely get near enough to the Tigers to lay a hand on, never mind a tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tackle counts way down in the first 2 games. Just about certain its lack of a crowd. If we out tackle North by a margin I think we win Sunday. The hard part is getting the players up as if there was a crowd out there.
Having so many new inclusions and King's long awaited debut should help create some extra excitement within the group.

And having someone so vocal like Hanners out there should help the group as well.

Totally agree. Not sure we need Ben King over Josh Battle though.
Absolutely.
But, the reality is that if Ben eventually asks for a trade to StKilda then it'll be facilitated by hook or by crook.
For marketing purposes alone it would get done, and IMO it's the driver behind maintaining our 1st round pick this year, just in case.

or maybe, just maybe ( ducks for cover) we don’t need Ming at all?

Edit..... Bing, I mean Bing....no more death threats please 🙏🏼🤣
Wash your mouth out, you mean Bing :p
Well we definitely don’t need Ding 😉

images

OMG...cabin fever has got to me..... 12 Hail Marys ( have no idea what they are ) and I should be forgiven??? 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
I believe the term “Hale Mary” was coined during the 1966 Grand Final when the Saints, having lost champion ruckman Carl Ditterich, turned to Brian “Mary” Mynott to successfully save their premiership dreams 🏆

Surely you're not serious?

Do it in a flash - Bing has it all over Battle both as a forward and as a defender and is a genuine "tall".

I know you love your genuine talls but there is still no proof that 200cm plus players make star or even very good forwards or backs. The best still seem to be around 194 to 196 mark. Im sure you will find one to prove that it works for the fair few who don't. To even say Ben King has it all over Battle as a back is genuine guess work. Not even sure he has played an AFL game there where as we know Battle had a bloody good year as a key back last year. We don't need him anyway. We have Brown and Marsh as tall forwards and backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back