Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2023: Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG 3.20pm March 19th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you leave it for him though? You're right in that they're good traits for us, but the other are simply more skilled.
It’s round 1. Effort and competitiveness normally wins out.

It’s also playing a long game - ensuring Jai and the younger guys aren’t beaten and bruised by mid-season.

It’s round 1. Effort and competitiveness normally wins out.

It’s also playing a long game - ensuring Jai and the younger guys aren’t beaten and bruised by mid-season.
no-i-am.gif

Also, that doesn't really answer my question.

Who do you leave out for him though? You're right in that they're good traits for us, but the other are simply more skilled.
The start of some good problems that hopefully continues. I too would like Nash in the team but also wonder as to who I would leave out of the team.

Scrim was available when Bramble was named in the probables.
The coaches then gave him a good wrap after his game.
He wasn't that impressive though. Was ok without doing anything substantial. Scrimshaw has the more talent but he is a different player. Think he needs a stint up forward as a mobile marking option IMO. Would cause a few headaches because he is a very good mark and is a good size. Where to fit him into the equation is the issue.

+3 months of pre-season under the coaches noses
This is the key point.

I don't have a problem with people thinking Scrimshaw is playing better footy than Bramble, I'd reckon that 90% of people watching the two of them would agree, but you need actually pay attention to what the coaches are saying and doing. It's probably precisely because they're different players that Bramble is the preferred option too.

Far too many posters in denial about this.

Hardwick - Blanck - Sicily
Impey - Frost - CJ

Ward - Worpel - Amon

McDonald - Kosi - Moore
Wingard - Reeves - Breust

Meek - Newcombe - Day

Mackenzie - Greene - Nash - Maginess

Emergency - Bramble/Butler
Butler in for Nash. He gives us more speed, class and goal kicking ability. Bramble the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its 1st round , anything can happen . There will be an upset or two and a few performancers that will look totally out of whack in a months time .

I hope they pick underdone players .
One thing we can do is run , hot day round 1 if we are in the game at the start of the 4th I would back us finishing over them

Last edited:
At some point throughout this game, MacKenzie, Day and MacDonald will all be in the centre bounce at the same time which will be exciting to see.

I think the forward-line will really struggle without Lewis. At the moment Koschitzke isn’t capable of being the number one target.
I think Koschitzke is more than capable of being the number one target, he's just not capable of HITTING the main target by foot. 12 shots at goal in two practice games suggests he is being found.

Picioane with the fist to McPhees face to release Vandenberg, nice, that game gave us a reputation of a team not to be fkd with and it lasted a few years afterwards, games are 90% mental and this incident made us a mentally stronger team and more importantly, made teams fear us for the first time in 15 years. (When teams feared the unsociable Hawks it made them fumble go backwards and created more turnover opportunities which can hurt on the scoreboard)

Last edited:
I feel like Nash is the ideal sub going forward for the season.
He is tall, fast and can play 3 to 4 roles. (Forward / Mid / Ruck relief)

1 - He can come in fresh and sit on a player who is taking the game off us.
2 - He can replace a mid if they get injured, he can help out in the ruck if one of them gets injured and he can also play as a forward if one of our forwards get injured.
3 - He can inject speed, toughness and pressure acts around the ball when the going gets tough late in games with fresh legs.

I would love to see us use him as the sub every week and keep pumping full games into the likes of MacKenzie, Finn Maginness and Cooper Stephens. (The guys you would think would be in selection question along with Nash).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back