Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2023: Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG 3.20pm March 19th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on what song the club will be playing pre-match?

Now hopes that we would one day use stronger by Ye have been dashed, something like Fly again by Turnstile would be fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no doubt Thunderstruck or that other song that starts with bells and always gets me excited that For Whom the Bell Tolls is going to come on but then doesn't and I sit down again...

but that's just me

Any word on what song the club will be playing pre-match?

Now hopes that we would one day use stronger by Ye have been dashed, something like Fly again by Turnstile would be fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far out, anything by Turnstile would probably result in me rushing the field like it's one of their live shows. What an energy rush.

How much intel does Cloke bring back… this looks much more like message then having a squizz
Based on his experience, Kosi looks like an accurate kick for goal

HAWTHORN

B:
C.Jiath 9 J.Blanck 36 S.Frost 8
HB: J.Impey 4 J.Sicily - C 6 W.Day 12
C: L.Bramble 16 J.Newcombe 3 K.Amon 10
HF: C.Mackenzie 28 J.Koschitzke 23 L.Breust 22
F: C.Wingard 20 F.Greene 26 D.Moore 13
Foll: L.Meek 17 F.Maginness 32 J.Worpel 5
I/C: N.Reeves 7 C.Nash 11 J.Ward 25 N.Long 27 B.Hardwick 15 C.Macdonald 31 T.Brockman 33 J.Scrimshaw 14

New faces: Karl Amon, Fergus Greene, Cam Mackenzie, Lloyd Meek
Notable absentees:
Mitch Lewis, Harry Morrison

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAWTHORN

B:
I/C: N.Reeves 7 C.Nash 11 J.Ward 25 N.Long 27 B.Hardwick 15 C.Macdonald 31 T.Brockman 33 J.Scrimshaw 14

Notable absentees: Mitch Lewis, Harry Morrison
Hardwick not getting a start is interesting.

Looking forward to seeing how Meek, Greene, Amon and Mackenzie go though. I think Meek will make a big change to our midfield success.

The bolded players will likely make up the the Gameday interchange, with either Macdonald or Nash being the substitute.
Sam said that when he played the sub was a lively high half flowered like Luke Bruest. Think it's C Mac unless they like the versatility of Nash.

HAWTHORN

B:

Notable absentees: Mitch Lewis, Harry Morrison
Bramble being so highly rated he's not even on the extended bench is a bit of a surprise, honestly.

CMac highlighted by Sicily during the week on radio. Would be stunned if he wasn't selected, especially after his performance against Collingwood.

Baffled that CMac and Ward are on the bench and Bramble is starting. Thought both of those lads outperformed Lachlan across the preseason games. Think CMac might be the sub with Scrim, Tyler and Long missing out.

Will need goals from a few of our mids. Defence looks solid. Worps and Amon need to lead the way in the middle. Nervously optimistic.

The funniest thing about that story is that Travis Cloke is coaching at Essendon.

Talk about a brains trust.
Pretty smart move by Brad Scott, sent big Trav to Waverly Gardens Shopping Centre to buy a left handed hammer and some rainbow paint. Trav got lost, but remember his dad playing at Waverly Park. He was then distracted by the cakes at the coffee shop and settled in for a big morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back