Preview Round 1 - Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Beams isn't in the team then it's not perfect.

;)
Vossy says "we need Billy Longer, Elliot Yeo, Mitch Golby, Patrick Karnezis, Josh Green and Claye Beams to have career-best seasons". Pretty hard to do if you're not in the team. Pretty certain all of the above will play this Sat.:)

Way to deliberately take my post way out of context. My only concern with the Lions ATM is that we get ahead of ourselves due to our NAB cup sucsess, we are still a bottom 6 team. I then used the example of comments made on this thread by lions fans who appear to have gotten way ahead of themselves, to show how in the current 'post NAB cup win' climate, whether its the attitude of a player to their opponent in a one on one contest, or a message on a fan forum, its very easy for lower teams to get ahead of themselves. Fans and players alike. I was not saying because this thread hasn't gone into its usual in-depth analysis that this means the club won't have and it was just arguments for arguments sake to try and make it out that I was.

Then I would suggest completely separating the two. If you are worried about the club taking it for granted, argue that. There's no need for associated pot shots at participants in this thread to argue that. If you want to argue that people should put more analysis instead of just declaring a line, go for it. But when you link the club and people just declaring a line, then the obvious extrapolation is just that - a link between the two.

FWIW, i think it's hard in round 1 to do much in depth talk. There is no form outside of NAB cup, which doesn't really amount to much anyway, teams aren't announced yet, so can't talk about match ups. Until there is some more substance to talk about, about all we will get is people's predictions, with not much to back it up. It's pretty much gut feel ATM.

Many thanks to all for the kind words re: the preview. The response has been pretty overwhelming. :eek:

OT but might help fill in the gap between now and team announcements - does anyone think 4.48 in the vid is "forceful contact below the knees"? Might be a smother... maybe. :(

Vossy says "we need Billy Longer, Elliot Yeo, Mitch Golby, Patrick Karnezis, Josh Green and Claye Beams to have career-best seasons". Pretty hard to do if you're not in the team. Pretty certain all of the above will play this Sat.:)

Billy Longer could play 6 games and have a 'career best' season. 'Better than they've ever been', is still not a huge hurdle for the young uns.

Cross is back....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then I would suggest completely separating the two. If you are worried about the club taking it for granted, argue that. There's no need for associated pot shots at participants in this thread to argue that. If you want to argue that people should put more analysis instead of just declaring a line, go for it. But when you link the club and people just declaring a line, then the obvious extrapolation is just that - a link between the two.

"Pot shot's" - hahahaha! you are kidding yourself. Just because I don't post often does not mean you have to pointlessly argue my post. I'm not taking pot shots, I made an observation about a general overall sense of confidence from the supporter base on and off this thread.

And no, I don't want to seperate the two, if I did that I wouldn't have had any reason to post. pull your head out mate, and move on. There's no argument to be had here. God people around here make me laugh, always the same crap.

Hell freaking yeah I'm confident. And if that makes me wrong then so be it. No room for doubt in competition. Doubt means you haven't done all you can, and I KNOW all our boys have given and will give it their all, no matter what the stakes - didn't they prove that last year when they had nothing to win but still went and won the last three games anyway?

And no, I don't want to seperate the two, if I did that I wouldn't have had any reason to post. pull your head out mate, and move on. There's no argument to be had here. God people around here make me laugh, always the same crap.
You seem to be the common denomitator though, lukiusmacsimus. I know you don't post often, but when you do you seem to get your back up about something. The forum is a dialogue, not a soapbox, so if you put something out there you need to be comfortable with people presenting a counterpoint if they don't agree. Don't think of it as a personal attack, but healthy debate.

I realise that you don't post much and it must be frustrating if someone argues against you during that time during those brief times, but try to see it in a more constructive light, rather than a personal attack.

Just because I don't post often does not mean you have to pointlessly argue my post.

Congrats on the persecution. Anyone who posted the same would have gotten the same response - and often does. People who claim the club might be taking games for granted because supporters do always set off my stupidity meter.

And no, I don't want to seperate the two, if I did that I wouldn't have had any reason to post. pull your head out mate, and move on. There's no argument to be had here.

Then my point still stands. Cool. :thumbsu:

Bad luck guys Boyds out. That saves us 12 goals on turnovers. We might get you by a point.
I'm sure your tongue is firmly in cheek, but is there any element of truth in your statement?

I ask because I've long admired Boyd. Yeah, he can be wasteful, but I thought the good (winning of the pill) still far outweighed the bad (disposal). Granted, I've not seen many doggies games these past couple of years - is that not still the case?

How's the Dogs midfield lining up these days anyway? What roles do the different guys play? Would appreciate your input.

Lukiusmaximus said,,,,"As has been mentioned, the only way that we will lose this game is through arrogance or complacency. The only possible downside to the NAB cup victory that I can see,is if the players assume they are now accomplished or already good enough and thus - relax and walk with a winners strut prematurely. If we do this we will be hit quickly with a reality check. Whilst I believe we are indeed on the up, we must approach every single game with the hunger and humility of a bottom four side desperate to win every contest, as we did toward the end of last season."

Like your post. All fair opinion. It certainly needs to be recognised as I'm sure it has been by Vossy and Co.;)

I'm sure your tongue is firmly in cheek, but is there any element of truth in your statement?

I ask because I've long admired Boyd. Yeah, he can be wasteful, but I thought the good (winning of the pill) still far outweighed the bad (disposal). Granted, I've not seen many doggies games these past couple of years - is that not still the case?

How's the Dogs midfield lining up these days anyway? What roles do the different guys play? Would appreciate your input.
An interesting observation/comparison would be Dane Swans disposals - often slams it on his boot in the direction of goals. Put Boyd in a 'more experienced' team and those 'wasteful' disposals suddenly become goal assists.

Nice to see them worried on the Doggies board about which of our midfielders to tag. Good to see that perceptions of our increased midfield depth aren't just coming from us.

Can't tag Rich, Rockliff and Zorko all at the same time :)

Bet Moloney is going to love the lessened attention as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back