Autopsy Round 1: Carlton V Richmond @ MCG - Thursday 7.20pm, 02/04/15

Who were your top 5 players for the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

interesting we got well beaten in clearances with cotch, lids and dusty quiet, yet still had comfortable win. thought the rebound off the back line was great. we need rance to sign that contract. edwards looked very dangerous whenever he had it. thought miles was v. good
Edwards looks like he can play the ground better. Looks more composed, confident, hungry and capable. He stepped up at a crucial stage and did some nice things. Looks silky and dangeous.

Best part was very little from Cotch/Dusty/Lids, yet we won.

K Mac, Hunt, Ellis... others too but it wasn't left to the usual suspects. Happy to bank the win.

Honestly I didn't think even Ellis played very well.

Cotch did a few good things, always at the contest and that makes others go hard at the contest.

Hunt and KM are best 22 without doubt

Our best were young somewhat unknowns who can only improve . Carlton's best was a bloke who they are reeling out for a lap of honour and paying a shit load. . They are ****ed , outside of Menzel they have nothing to look forward absolutely zip .
Thanks Mick you truly are stil a tiger at heart , ****ed them over big time .

I missed the first quarter but here are my thoughts on the last three.

Positives:
-Kamdyn. Wowee. In front of 83,000 on debut and he just torched Judd in a couple of 1 on 1's. Didn't panic at all. Reminds me of Isaac Smith.
-Edwards. Along with Kamdyn, he was the main catalyst in that 2nd quarter. So silky.
-Taylor Hunt is a solid battler.
-Alex Rance is just immense. He's holding our backline together on his own. No wonder we looked shithouse when he was injured last year.
-Griff is taking that next step.
-Jack Riewoldt was fantastic. He's leaping at the ball and outbodying opponents like he did back in 2010. Wrapped for him after what his family has been through. Good to see him kick some goals on Jamison for once.
-Sam Lloyd looks fitter. His footy smarts have always been good so fitness will always be the challenge with him. Looks to have taken steps forward.
-Miles just doin his thing.
-Grigg was actually useful.
-After they got up 44-21, we went on a 52-4 run. Absolute domination.
-Finally getting to enjoy a Carlton game without shitting my dacks and breaking furniture in the last 5 minutes. They never looked like coming back.
-Mick's imminent tantrum. At least he wont have trouble picturing them losing a game anymore.

Negatives:
-Grimey and Chaplin shit the bed completely. Need Astbury back ASAP and I hope Elton develops. I've been a fan of Grimey but he worried me tonight.
-I'm not sold on the Morris experiment.
-Newman. Everyone can see it. Everyone knows he's done. Please wake up and see it too Dimma before it costs us games.
-Deledio's report (and injury?). My brownlow smokey blew his chance in the first 10 seconds lol.
-Cotchin was poor but worked into the game.
-Essendon. Cheating ****ing campaigners have ruined my enthusiasm for the season. Least pumped I've been for a season opener in a long time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed the first quarter but here are my thoughts on the last three.

Positives:
-Kamdyn. Wowee. In front of 83,000 on debut and he just torched Judd in a couple of 1 on 1's. Didn't panic at all. Reminds me of Isaac Smith.
-Edwards. Along with Kamdyn, he was the main catalyst in that 2nd quarter. So silky.
-Taylor Hunt is a solid battler.
-Alex Rance is just immense. He's holding our backline together on his own. No wonder we looked shithouse when he was injured last year.
-Griff is taking that next step.
-Jack Riewoldt was fantastic. He's leaping at the ball and outbodying opponents like he did back in 2010. Wrapped for him after what his family has been through. Good to see him kick some goals on Jamison for once.
-Sam Lloyd looks fitter. His footy smarts have always been good so fitness will always be the challenge with him. Looks to have taken steps forward.
-Miles just doin his thing.
-Grigg was actually useful.
-After they got up 44-21, we went on a 52-4 run. Absolute domination.
-Finally getting to enjoy a Carlton game without shitting my dacks and breaking furniture in the last 5 minutes. They never looked like coming back.
-Mick's imminent tantrum. At least he wont have trouble picturing them losing a game anymore.

Negatives:
-Grimey and Chaplin shitting the bed completely. Need Astbury back ASAP and I hope Elton develops. I've been a fan of Grimey but he worried me tonight.
-I'm not sold on the Morris experiment.
-Newman. Everyone can see it. Everyone knows he's done. Please wake up and see it too Dimma before it costs us games.
-Deledio's report (and injury?). My brownlow smokey blew his chance in the first 10 seconds lol.
-Cotchin was poor but worked into the game.
-Essendon. Cheating ******* campaigners have ruined my enthusiasm for the season. Least pumped I've been for a season opener in a long time.
Newman , cotch lids will need runs under belt . Dusty is the concern for me appeared to have not a overly strong tag and didn't do much

No doubt in my mind McIntosh turned the game and quite possibly was the only reason we won. He broke the game open and lifted the rest of the team, we were never going to lose after he kicked that goal!
Hunt turned the game in our favour for mine and edge him in front for BOG honours . We were getting r*ped in clearances till hunt stemmed the flow .

Carlton's big midfield names other than Judd where blown apart in this game. Gibbs touched the ball but I don't recall him being damaging at all. Who else do they have? The Blues actually remind me of Richmond in years past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 1: Carlton V Richmond @ MCG - Thursday 7.20pm, 02/04/15

Back