Game Day Round 1 Geelong v Adelaide Sat Mar 20 4:35 pm @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually looking forward to seeing how we operate without Cameron, with the addition of Smith and Higgins; it should really highlight what they bring to the table and take the focus off the forward line.

I'm also pumped for Jordan Clark, I think he's going to put on a show this year.

Go Cats!

Will be more difficult than most think. Still should have at least one quarter where we overwhelm them to get the win. Looking forward to Atkins in back half and the cats debuts of smith & Higgins.
Good chance for Jenkins, Clarke and a few others to show their worth. Cats by 25!

The Cats are masters at giving shit sides a sniff and in my opinion that started with selection last night, the Crows I expect will try to go forward through kolo and Zuthries man if he plays back I think they are the weak links tonight,they will be hoping O'Brien can get right on top in the ruck and force Blits out of full back, all sides will see that as a win this season,
The Cats who knows but a lighting start would be great but they can also have 4 or 5 kicked on them before they wake up how ever I doubt the Crows have the line up to do that.
The result the Cats by 6 goals+ or we get beaten by the home crowd.

Last edited:
The Cats are masters at giving sh*t sides a sniff and in my opinion that started with selection last night, the Crows I expect will try to go forward through kolo and Zuthrie man if he plays back I think they are the weak links tonight,they will be hoping O'Brien can get right on top in the ruck and force Blits out of full back, all sides will see that as a win this season,
The Cats who knows but a lighting start would be great but they can also have 4 or 5 kicked on them before they wake up how ever I doubt the Crows have the line up to do that.
The result the Cats by 6 goals+ or we get beaten by the home crowd.
Yeah correct. If it was a round 7 or 13 game etc.. I would be worried about the cats mindset for the game. Surely round 1 they’re ‘on’!

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how we operate without Cameron, with the addition of Smith and Higgins; it should really highlight what they bring to the table and take the focus off the forward line.

I'm also pumped for Jordan Clark, I think he's going to put on a show this year.

Go Cats!
Clarke definitely has the talent to have a big year. Still would like to see how his defensive work has progressed and whether he can cope with physical contact. Still looks a bit thin given he probably couldn’t hit the gym with the elbow injury he had.

We will know early.

I 100% agree with this sentiment. Round 1 away from home in front of a parochial crowd - this is the sort of game where we need to just take the 4 points and run.

It’s a long season so any early wins we can bank will obviously be vital for us with having the flexibility to rest players later in the year.

My prediction: Cats by 32 🤞🏻😼

Anybody got the Maguane article in the HS that says we won’t make top 4
Here is the Geelong part of the article:-
5. GEELONG
I’ve probably got the Cats too low as I admire their brand and what they stand for.

Their ability to score and efficiency inside 50 is a feature of their game.

They are a great contested-ball and clearance team, led by Joel Selwood, Patrick Dangerfield and Cam Guthrie.

The addition of Cameron, Higgins and Smith could be huge, and the club’s record at GMHBA Stadium will ensure they are in the top four mix.

Their rock solid defence remains, though Mark Blicavs may spend more time down there given Harry Taylor’s retirement.

Their biggest concern is their ruck stocks.

Rhys Stanley will need support from Esava Ratugolea, given Blicavs’ defensive role.

I urge Chris Scott to allow his team to go into a different offensive mode in high-pressure games.

Putting speed on the game back of centre could be what the team needs to get them contending for a flag again in 2021.

UNDER THE PUMP

Will Rhys Stanley’s Grand Final performance last year haunt him in 2021? Can Zach Tuohy keep his spot with the emergence of a fit Jordan Clark?

EDIT - his top 8 is Port, Rich, WCE, Bris, Gee, WB, St.K, Freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be more difficult than most think. Still should have at least one quarter where we overwhelm them to get the win. Looking forward to Atkins in back half and the cats debuts of smith & Higgins.
Good chance for Jenkins, Clarke and a few others to show their worth. Cats by 25!
I think we'll make it look hard because we'll treat it like an extended preseason.

Anybody got the Maguane article in the HS that says we won’t make top 4

5. GEELONG
I’ve probably got the Cats too low as I admire their brand and what they stand for.

Their ability to score and efficiency inside 50 is a feature of their game.

They are a great contested-ball and clearance team, led by Joel Selwood, Patrick Dangerfield and Cam Guthrie.

The addition of Cameron, Higgins and Smith could be huge, and the club’s record at GMHBA Stadium will ensure they are in the top four mix.

Their rock solid defence remains, though Mark Blicavs may spend more time down there given Harry Taylor’s retirement.

Their biggest concern is their ruck stocks.

Rhys Stanley will need support from Esava Ratugolea, given Blicavs’ defensive role.

I urge Chris Scott to allow his team to go into a different offensive mode in high-pressure games.

Putting speed on the game back of centre could be what the team needs to get them contending for a flag again in 2021.

UNDER THE PUMP

Will Rhys Stanley’s Grand Final performance last year haunt him in 2021? Can Zach Tuohy keep his spot with the emergence of a fit Jordan Clark?

Rhys Stanley will be responsible for shouldering Geelong’s ruck load yet again. Picture: Sarah Reed

Rhys Stanley will be responsible for shouldering Geelong’s ruck load yet again. Picture: Sarah Reed

Still think it was weak by the cats to not have a debut most clubs do round 1, But we go for underdone older players. My little rant over just good to watch footy again
I prefer they earn it. Also I think mid year the likes of Selwood et al will be rested up in the winter months. Probably better to play the oldies while they’re fresh enough at the start of the year. Yes agree that we need to blood some of the youngsters during the year.

Who knows what will happen in this game. Both teams haven't looked good preseason but that means nothing at all.
Gut feel is the Crows will be up and about early and we will have to comeback for the win.

No injuries is the main factor for me. Can't afford to lose another forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back