Competitions Round 1 Lineup vs Fremantle - CLOSING TONIGHT!! 9.00pm. GET YOUR FINAL TEAMS IN BY THEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Freo can we play Morris on Pav and Hamling on Taberner and play one less key back? Didn't work at all today but the Pies had Cloke/Moore/Gault.

Morris Hamling* Biggs
Murphy Wood Boyd

Daniel Wallis Hunter

Suckling Stringer Macrae
Dickson* Boyd Bontempelli

Campbell* Stevens Dahlhaus

Liberatore Johannisen Picken McLean/Adams/Collins

First, the question marks: if Campbell isn't fit Roughead comes in; if Dickson isn't, McLean is a certainty and we'll play an extra defender; if Hamling isn't, one of Collins or Adams gets the gig.

I think we can afford to go small down back against Freo and McLean deserves a go based on today, but it would be good to have another semi-tall defender just in case. I like Biggs but he's also a chance to make way for a more genuine key defender should we go with McLean. Otherwise I've opted for him to start on the field over Johannisen as he's more capable of playing above his height, but obviously this could go either way. Bont starts forward as there are simply other midfielders ahead of him at this point after the interrupted pre-season. Liked some of Macrae's work at half forward today but obviously both he and Bont rotate heavily through the middle.

I think most other things are self explanatory.

Wood - Hamling* - Morris
Boyd - Adams - Murphy
Macrae - Libba - Hunter
Bont - Stringer - Suckling
Dickson* - Boyd - Daniel
Campbell* - Wallis - Dahlhaus

McLean - Stevens - JJ - Picken

*Collins, Biggs and Roughead into the side if these players aren't fit to play.

I don't think I want Redpath in the side. He can't even nail down the basics as a key forward and he's not good enough up the ground, even though I like him as a chop-out option.

McLean is a must, from my perspective. Just makes the side better. I also greatly enjoy watching him suck in the umpire time after time.

McLean is a must, from my perspective. Just makes the side better. I also greatly enjoy watching him suck in the umpire time after time.
This kid will force an AFL rule change before his career is over.

Boyd - Adams - Morris
Wood - Hamling - Murph
Hunter - Wallis - JJ
Suckling - Stringer - Stevens
Dahlhaus - Boyd - Dickson
Campbell - Bontempelli - Macrae

Libba, Daniel, Picken, McLean

Just need one Bob, JJ, Boyd and Wood to be within five metres of Adams whenever he has the ball. His disposal is pretty rank.

Hopefully Dickson, Campbell and Hamling are fit.

Having Repath in the team makes Boyd more dangerous, the two big marks Boyd took inside 50 he was able to run at the ball but if he's the only tall target it makes it much more predictable where the balls going. Even though Crameri wasn't a huge target he could still take a mark or provide a contest, but without him there needs to be another aerial option inside 50.

Does anyone else think Picken might be out of the best 22 by years end? I hate to say it cause I love him, but he seems like the one who is a little lost with Libba back.

B: Morris Adams Wood
HB: Murphy Hamling M.Boyd
C: Hunter Wallis Macrae
HF: Dahlhaus Stringer Suckling
F: Stevens T.Boyd Dickson/McLean
R: Campbell Bont Libba
INT: Picken Biggs JJ Daniel

Whatever ruckman is fit plays, Roberts plays if Hamling isn't fit likewise McLean with Dickson.

Does anyone else think Picken might be out of the best 22 by years end? I hate to say it cause I love him, but he seems like the one who is a little lost with Libba back.

Nope

Hard head needed if we make finals

He's certainly the one that's going to need to adjust the most...but if the last three years have taught me anything it's that you never write off Liam Picken. Pretty confident he'll find a role.

Boyd Adams Morris
Wood Hamling Murphy
Hunter Wallis Johannisen
Dickson Stringer Stevens
Daniel Boyd Dahlhouse

Campbell Bontempelli Macrae

Picken Suckling McLean Liberatore

Since it's two weeks until Round 1 I'm hoping Campbell, Dickson and Hamling will be ok.
The one I'm not sure about is Liberatore. Still looks short of a gallop.
And I don't see how Roberts can play given he was poor in nab round 1 and didn't make the initial 24 for the so-called dress rehearsal.

Picken still first picked - you know what you get with him.
Stevens almost at that level - amazing consistency
Redpath will play IMO, I'd prefer not but we can't expect Tom to have a day like today each week and we need another tall avenue to goal
Roberts may use the ball better but Adams defends better
Daniel for Rising Star?
Suckling is a weapon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll mainly stick with my team from last weekend. Redpath in for Dunkley. Stevens for Hrovat, Campbell for Minson and Hunter for Jong. Assuming no injuries.

B: Boyd Adams Morris
HB: Wood Hamling Murphy
C: Johannissen Libba Suckling
HF: Stringer Redpath Dahlhaus
FF: Daniel Boyd Dickson
Foll: Campbell Wallis Bontempelli
Int: Macrae Picken Stevens Hunter

Still reckon we'll finish top 4.

Would be disgusted if we only picked the one solitary tall forward to support a ruck especially if the first ruck is either Campbell or Roughead.

Would be horrified if Boyd had to be the main ruck for the majority of a game when either Campbell or Roughead inevitably fall over with injury. Both of whom are injury prone.

We need to find a forward/ruck desperately who is mobile and can backup the ruck position. Currently Redpath has to fit that need.

Would be disgusted if we only picked the one solitary tall forward to support a ruck especially if the first ruck is either Campbell or Roughead.

Would be horrified if Boyd had to be the main ruck for the majority of a game when either Campbell or Roughead inevitably fall over with injury. Both of whom are injury prone.

We need to find a forward/ruck desperately who is mobile and can backup the ruck position. Currently Redpath has to fit that need.
I would rather play one ruck and a supporting ruckman than a player that's not playing well just because they're better suited to covering us in case of a hypothetical injury.

B: Boyd Hamling Morris
HB: JJ Wood Murphy
C: Macrae Libba Suckling
HF: Hunter Stringer Dahlhaus
FF: Daniel Boyd Dickson
Foll: Campbell Wallis Bontempelli
Int: Picken Stevens Adams Biggs

McLean unlucky and comes in if Dickson not right

I would rather play one ruck and a supporting ruckman than a player that's not playing well just because they're better suited to covering us in case of a hypothetical injury.

If we picking the one tall forward then I'd hope Minson is picked as main ruck. Tank/durability/size all there to keep Boyd deep forward longer than Campbell and Roughy would.

If we picking the one tall forward then I'd hope Minson is picked as main ruck. Tank/durability/size all there to keep Boyd deep forward longer than Campbell and Roughy would.
I get your concern but I just don't think you can let unpredictable hypotheticals stop you from playing your best side. When there's only a minor difference in output perhaps you go for the extra security, but in this case I think our 22 is considerably stronger with only one of Redpath/Boyd and a smaller player. Of course just my opinion. I'd love to have the extra tall support but unfortunately our best 22 doesn't feature that right now.

I get your concern but I just don't think you can let unpredictable hypotheticals stop you from playing your best side. When there's only a minor difference in output perhaps you go for the extra security, but in this case I think our 22 is considerably stronger with only one of Redpath/Boyd and a smaller player. Of course just my opinion. I'd love to have the extra tall support but unfortunately our best 22 doesn't feature that right now.

I understand your logic in fact I probably agree with it. In a perfect world though I'd love an extra tall forward to leave us with a tall option when Boyd goes into the ruck/ or another mobile ruck to keep Boyd forward for longer.

I understand your logic in fact I probably agree with it. In a perfect world though I'd love an extra tall forward to leave us with a tall option when Boyd goes into the ruck/ or another mobile ruck to keep Boyd forward for longer.
Agreed. I'd really love a roaming CHF that can just push up the ground, present constantly on the wings and occasionally pinch hit in the ruck without weakening our forward structure...unfortunately I don't currently see one of those on the list, aside from in the athletic profile of Goetz who is quite some way away from senior football.

Boyd Adams Morris
Biggs hamling wood
Suckling libba JJ
Murphy Roughead Dahlhaus
Stringer Boyd Dickson
Campbell bonti Wallis
Hunter picken Stevens macrae

Emg McLean Daniel Jong

McLean and Daniel very stiff and could come in for the likes of Roughead or Adams, if we wanted to go smaller.

I've picked Roughead, because we need to get games into him and Campbell, also look at that forward line, you have to pick up Roughead and Boyd, that means stringer gets the number 3, then there is Dickson.

Biggs plays IMO and with the amount of HB types it could be wise starting murph forward, having him or sucking as that last kick into our F50..........wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back